How do you see this weekend playing out?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
MATCHUP: CAROLINA PANTHERS OFFENSE VS. ATLANTA FALCONS DEFENSE

RB Christian McCaffrey vs. LB Deion Jones – The Panthers rookie running back is the third-highest graded receiving running back in the league with a 91.9 grade. This season McCaffrey has become the first rookie running back to eclipse the 400 snaps in route mark since PFF began recording the stat in 2006. Like Le’Veon Bell though, McCaffrey has used volume over efficiency to reach his high receiving statistics. McCaffrey ranks second among running backs in targets at 98 but only 25th in yards per route run with 1.49. He has proved to be reliable with only one drop this season on his 76 catchable passes, the best drop rate among running backs with at least 40 catchable targets. Jones is the second-highest graded coverage linebacker in his sophomore season with a grade of 91.9. But he does have the second-most missed tackles in the passing game this season with 11.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... at-falcons

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Steve2222":1dcrte71 said:
People really think Seattle is going to lose to Drew Stanton, 40 year old Fitz, and literally no one else on offense?

I didnt think the Seahawks could lose to a depleted Redskins team at home either but there you have it.

Atlanta will win and nothing else matters.

original poster

Reaction score
If only Walsh didn’t miss that field goal at the end of the game against the Falcons...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
original poster":1pzhboe5 said:
If only Walsh didn’t miss that field goal at the end of the game against the Falcons...

Ugh, tell me about it. Spent too much on those tickets to see him come up short on a field goal he should've made with no wind. Combine that with the ridiculous fake field goal before the end of the first half... that game may result in our guys missing the playoffs. Shame

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, he wasn't the reason they lost. They played like garbage til the 2nd half. You can't spot a team 14 points, especially that team. Now the Redskins game.....he played a MASSIVE part in that one.

cymatica

Reaction score
Everyone is picking Atlanta which means Carolina wins

semiahmoo

Reaction score
The fact we are rooting for a Carolina upset means in a way the Seahawks have already lost.

Oh for the days when we were marching into the playoffs putting fear into the hearts of our enemies.

Good times...

Wartooth

Reaction score
The Hawk's have been headed for this season, for the last 2 seasons...
Now, they're depending on other teams winning to back into the playoffs.
I don't know how anyone can get themselves all excited about that!
This team needs some major changes.
It might happen if they miss the tournament...
It might not if they get lucky, back in, and get bounced in the wild card round.

I want things to change, what they're doing now ain't working.

original poster

Reaction score
Wartooth":25zoh7bd said:
The Hawk's have been headed for this season, for the last 2 seasons...
Now, they're depending on other teams winning to back into the playoffs.
I don't know how anyone can get themselves all excited about that!
This team needs some major changes.
It might happen if they miss the tournament...
It might not if they get lucky, back in, and get bounced in the wild card round.

I want things to change, what they're doing now ain't working.

Keep it on topic, please.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Teams have had to get help to get in the playoffs for years, it happens. Playoffs are a GOOD thing, and the fact that we are playing for the possibility on Sunday is a good thing. I'm plenty excited about it.

I still have a feeling we win and Atlanta wins, but you never know. And the fact that the team has been so good that a 10 win season isn't acceptable shows just how good they have been.
Only 8 teams in the history of the NFL have had 6 straight 10 win seasons, Hawks shooting for being the 9th.
And no, I'm not saying that I'm happy if they get 10 but don't get in the playoffs. I am saying that 10 wins would be a hell of an accomplishment for this team, behind this O Line and the ridiculous amount of injuries. And not to sound argumentative, but why does anyone really care if someone else is excited about the upcoming game? Fan however you want.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I remember as a kid needing help from the Steelers to beat the oilers and it was like 20-0 oilers at the half and my heart was ripped out of my chest watching the Seattle players being interviewed at halftime. I expect the same thing Sunday. The falcons will come out and take care of business and go up big early and our game with Arizona will simply be elementary

Steve2222

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3mvicoxe said:
Steve2222":3mvicoxe said:
People really think Seattle is going to lose to Drew Stanton, 40 year old Fitz, and literally no one else on offense?

I didnt think the Seahawks could lose to a depleted Redskins team at home either but there you have it.

Atlanta will win and nothing else matters.

Yeah except for, you know, Kirk Cousins is 1000x better than Drew Stanton...

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I want the Seahawks to win, but I'm not going to worry too much about Atl/Car. I think winning 10 games is still an accomplishment that matters. Seahawks only won 10 games 5 times prior to 2012. 6 years in a row with 10 wins is pretty decent. If they get a playoff game then who the hell knows what could happen.

This season has been all about DON'T enjoy the ride. Really, we need to re-learn how to enjoy the ride. I'm just as guilty as everyone else.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":19eolic6 said:
I want the Seahawks to win, but I'm not going to worry too much about Atl/Car. I think winning 10 games is still an accomplishment that matters. Seahawks only won 10 games 5 times prior to 2012. 6 years in a row with 10 wins is pretty decent. If they get a playoff game then who the hell knows what could happen.

This season has been all about DON'T enjoy the ride. Really, we need to re-learn how to enjoy the ride. I'm just as guilty as everyone else.

Good way to look at it

hawks85

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1105mwi1 said:
I think both games will be close (Panthers/Falcons) and Hawks Cards.

Unfortunately I have ZERO faith that the Bucs can get their poop together to even remotely give the Saints a game. Which means the Panthers will see that the Saints are destroying the Bucs in the 2nd half and that spells bad news for us............cause I think the Falcons win a close game late.
Unless the teams playing with playoff implications keep the updated scores to a minimum on the score board in there stadiums or they dont show them at all except halftime. Keep the interest going. Thats what i would do. People have cell phones etc... where they can check the scores.