How do you see this weekend playing out?

The Breh

Reaction score
Losing to Arians via a Stanton led AZ squad would be the worst ever.
That may be the nail in the coffin in his decision to give it one more go.
For his last game ever, coming to the Clink and knocking us out of contention when he's already out...man that'd be the biggest high he could leave on.
I sure hope he leaves dissappointed.
This won't be an absolute dogfight.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Panthers ran for 200 yards against Atlanta earlier in the season, though Jonathan Stewart had a really quiet game.

Panthers are looking pretty healthy, while Atlanta's C Alex Mack (Calf) and TE Levin Toilolo sat out practice and Julio Jones was limited by ankle and thumb injuries.

Carolina has won seven of their last eight games. Atlanta is 5-3 in last eight games. They are 4-3 at home this year.

Since losing Pro Bowl guard Andy Levitre to a triceps injury just 10 snaps into Week 13, the Falcons have struggled offensively; that’s when their 16.5 ppg slide started, Ryan’s been sacked seven times, thrown four interceptions, Tevin Coleman has 23 carries for 66 yards, and Julio Jones has failed to score.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/12/27/1 ... cam-newton

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawks85":175696hi said:
Sgt. Largent":175696hi said:
I think both games will be close (Panthers/Falcons) and Hawks Cards.

Unfortunately I have ZERO faith that the Bucs can get their poop together to even remotely give the Saints a game. Which means the Panthers will see that the Saints are destroying the Bucs in the 2nd half and that spells bad news for us............cause I think the Falcons win a close game late.
Unless the teams playing with playoff implications keep the updated scores to a minimum on the score board in there stadiums or they dont show them at all except halftime. Keep the interest going. Thats what i would do. People have cell phones etc... where they can check the scores.

Not sure how you can keep the fans and even players from knowing what's going on, unless you disconnect the Wi-Fi in the stadium........which isn't going to happen.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DOrlandoAJC/status/946808100992020484[/tweet]

droop828

Reaction score
Russ at home in December as a 10 point favorite? We will win. I just hope TB can hang with N.O. long enough to give the Panthers a reason to fight the whole game.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
The Breh":2oyxl0xu said:
Losing to Arians via a Stanton led AZ squad would be the worst ever.
That may be the nail in the coffin in his decision to give it one more go.
For his last game ever, coming to the Clink and knocking us out of contention when he's already out...man that'd be the biggest high he could leave on.
I sure hope he leaves dissappointed.
This won't be an absolute dogfight.

I see this happening, and part of me even wants it to.

There comes a time, and everyone in this forum has mentioned it already, that we aren’t the same dominant team anymore. This is the first year in a while where we aren’t feared SB contenders. Heck nobody is even fearing playing at our house anymore.

What I WANT to happen is a Seattle win and Atlanta loss, but what I BELIEVE will happen is an Atlanta victory over the Panthers.

As a result, the only satisfaction I will get is knowing that the major changes that we require in order to return to at least a shadow of our once former dominant selves, will get underway.

Something that I don’t think will happen if we limp into the playoffs. Because while the saying is true that “once you’re in anything can happen”, any knowledgeable and true member of the 12th Man knows that we are not a SB contender and would likely get knocked out in the wildcard round anyways.

And given our recent history, and knowing that RW3 is in his prime, we don’t want to risk delaying the necessary changes to get us back into contention.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I see it playing out with both Seahawks and Panthers wins. Then the sky's the limit.

James in PA

Reaction score
Good news! Tampa Bay announced that “Welcome Back” Koetter will return next season. What does that mean for the Hawks? Well, it means the Bucs should fight hard knowing they are not playing for a lame duck coach. They might just give New Orleans a fight down in Tampa which in turn will give Carolina hope that they can take the division. Sure hope it shakes out this way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can you imagine if we win on Sunday and our game finishes before the Panthers game? If they were to throw that thing up on the big board and we watch the Panthers pull it out from the stands. Epic :irishdrinkers:

SeaChat

Reaction score
I see the Seahawks handing the Cardinals a sound defeat, demonstrating to all their critics that they are a true force to be reckoned with in the NFC, and a true viable contender for the Super Bowl Title in 2018. I also see the Falcons loosing to the Panthers, and helping set the stage for a Classic Seattle Seahawk run for all the marbles.

In now going on over 40 years of watching this crazy, wonderful ball club, accomplish the amazing and almost always the improbable, so many times, that nothing will surprise me. I can't count how many seasons I've sat and listened to all of the doom and gloomers talk about what a horrible team the Seahawks are, and what miserable failures their coaches, managers, coordinators and players were, only to watch the spirit of the 12th Man and the Team rise up out of the ashes and, against all odds, do the impossible, WIN.

They may very well go out on Sunday and get their butts kicked at home, playing against a team that, when the Seahawks are clicking on all eight, should not be able to pose any real threat to them, but It's football, and STUFF happens. The Seahawks, in my, no so roundly supported opinion, have all the players, coaches, coordinators and managers, to soundly defeat any team in the league, when they have their heads on right, and do what each and everyone of them is capable of doing, consistently, play after play, they are a true threat to any team in the NFL.

Will they succeed and prove all their critics wrong this Sunday or with whatever season they have left ahead of them this year? That is left to be seen. I personally have always believed in this team, and always will, no matter the outcome of this season, this game or any other. Even when it didn't make any sense, to believe in them. I've always remained, the nut job fan, that never threw the towel in on them, down to the very last second on the clock, and many times have been rewarded with another one of their crazy impossible wins.

The Seahawks had me at HELLO, LOL. The Seahawks, to me, are much more than a collection of bodies assembled to play a game of football. I've recognized from the very start, that there was a special Spirit that came to life during the creation of the Seahawks Team. That perspective or belief is probably steeped in the influences that Native American's had on me, from my younger years, and I thank them for it.

I'm sure to some I must sound like I'm off my rocker, and that is okay, I probably am :). I have watched people come and go, who almost succeeded in smothering the life out of the Seahawks over the years, but it somehow survived those efforts, and through the recruitment of John Schneider, and Pete Carroll, that Spirit reemerged, stronger and brighter than ever before.

I remember the day they announced that Pete Carroll would be taking over as head coach for Seattle, I said, "Thank God, Seattle is a team that plays on emotion, and that they need a coach who can appreciate that and cultivate that, in order for them to ever realize their potential. That "emotion" is what feeds that Spirit, and that Spirit, that the 12th Man is a key part of, is what sets the Seattle Seahawks apart from any other team in the game.
I'm not saying that the Seahawks are a perfect team, or that nothing should ever change in an effort to improve them. I'm not even arguing that there might not be better, more qualified people to take over various roles within the organization, players, coaches, and managers, whatever. I am saying that whatever they do, whoever they choose, in whatever changes they might deem necessary, for the betterment of the team, that they acknowledge, protect and preserve this Spirit, which in my opinion is the heart and soul of this team, if it dies, so do the Seahawks.

This season has been a little bit different than most in recent history, in that the Seahawks have faced more adversity, and been plagued with more injuries, in this season, than in any other that I can remember in the history of the franchise. Yet in spite of all of it, the Seahawks and Pete Carroll's, "Next Man Up", philosophy has proven itself, to be a viable one, in overcoming all the obstacles that are sure to come over the course of a season. This season has presented more than most and in spite of that we are still a team to be reckoned with on this Sunday or any other.

I'm not saying that the next man up, in every instance, was a better player than the one that they replaced, I am saying that the next man up, had proven that they are qualified professionals, who are fully capable of playing at a professional level, and as such can compete with the very best in the league, in their position. The one and only factor that has presented a challenge has been the time needed for them to play as a team long enough to develop the cohesion that is required to really be effective as a total package.

We have an offense that can run and pass the ball and score points. Some will continue to argue that in spite of the progress made and evidenced in recent games to support that that assertion. We also have a defense, that can hold any team in the NFL to a minimum in scoring points, effectively defending against the run and the pass, all we need, is for both of these units, to show up and play together on game day.

From this point forward, no matter what else happens, the entire team needs to get their heads on straight, before each and every play, and not let themselves get rattled or sucked in, by "anything" that happens on the field. No matter how much foul play occurs, no matter how one sided the officiating might seem, no matter how many cheap shots our opponents throw our way, verbal or physical, they all need to just keep their eyes on the prize, and play like they know they can play, and let all the rest of that crap take care of itself.

Our opponents, Officials included, know that we are an emotional team, and that it's been way to easy to rabble rouse us with kiddy krap and throw us off our game plan, we can't afford to let that happen. IFEDI, if you're reading this, you more than anyone on the team need to take this to heart, everyone knows that all they have to do is say "Boo" and you react and draw flags, STOP IT, smile at them, tell them, it isn’t happening today, and then promise them a cheap seat when you play in the Super Bowl in a few weeks.

If they don't win on Sunday, and in light of that, it appears that I'm full of hot air, and a delusional, bloviating ole Seahawk fan, which wouldn't be the first or last time that ever happened, and is something I take pride in, and never ashamed of, I'll gladly get out my knife, fork, plate, napkin, salt and pepper, and await the delivery of my multiple orders of crow, sent to me, from all the "Told You So" folks, who have maintained throughout the season, how horrible the team was.

I have heard more than a few of our members, express how much they hoped that our Seahawks, would be soundly defeated, believing that by experiencing such a loss, the Seahawk Hierarchy, would finally, open their eyes and recognize how wrong they were to have entrusted the teams future to various coaches, managers and players, and as such, would roll out their guillotine, on to the Century Link Field, and then systematically march all these folks, that our members have deemed to be too incompetent, incapable, and unworthy, to hold the positions that they have with the team, and execute them all LMAO. They have their list of replacements all drawn out and ready to submit to the head office if they should have need of their scouting result LMAO. Okay, I'll wrap up another one of my long winded replies and get off to the next one.

My prediction: Seahawks 36 Cardinals 20

Go Seahawks!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Steve2222":2072wzwd said:
People really think Seattle is going to lose to Drew Stanton, 40 year old Fitz, and literally no one else on offense?

Lol

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Let's be honest. Seattle lost because they just aren't very good.