How good can Tyler Lockett be?

D

DomeHawk

I think Tyler learned a lot from ADB. I especially like how he disguises that the ball is coming to him until the very last second. This is something that the Seahawks' coaching staff teaches very well to all of the receivers.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think he's a good fit for our offense, but don't think he has the skillset to be like an all-pro or anything like that. He still has trouble getting off of jams cleanly, and doesn't create separation. I think he may have had a higher ceiling before the injury, but he isn't running by anybody anymore. A number of his deep catches last year, there was no separation at all. Nor does he high-point. So, it takes a perfect ball from Russ to get a completion. And Russ delivered, time and time again. Just perfect balls.

You would think Lockett would excel on drags and crossers but he actually hasn't been able to get open that way. He also is very subpar on screens. He is elite of the elite at deep route running, but I'm not sure how wide of a statistical net you can cast from that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1pk3neca said:
Jville":1pk3neca said:
Tical21":1pk3neca said:
He can be the perfect compliment to D.K.

That sounds like a reasonable corollary to the prospect of DK developing into the perfect compliment to Tyler Lockett. :biggthumpup:
My face when multiple people don't know the difference between "compliment" and "complement"...

girl-504315_640.jpg
Ya, it's stuff like that, that keeps me awake at night (Knight) :lol:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":28rxcv4t said:
How good can he be?...How about as good as he was last year. RW had a 100% efficiency rate throwing to him.
This ^, he and RW seems to have put together some pretty decent chemistry, and I see them only getting better as time passes, but nobody is going to be able to come in and immediately replace what he and Doug Baldwin had tied together over the years.
The fact that Pete & John went after a few more Receivers in, and after the Draft, tells me that they would really like to have a better balance in the Run to Pass ratio.

Jville

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ydu63lgc said:
Jville":ydu63lgc said:
Tical21":ydu63lgc said:
He can be the perfect compliment to D.K.

That sounds like a reasonable corollary to the prospect of DK developing into the perfect compliment to Tyler Lockett. :biggthumpup:
My face when multiple people don't know the difference between "compliment" and "complement"...

girl-504315_640.jpg

Nice correction. Spell checker doesn't catch everything and invites carelessness.
It's helpful assists like this that keep me coming back.

Everyday is a great opportunity for improvement. Carry on :2thumbs:
................................................................................................................

I'm really looking forward to enjoying the play of Tyler Lockett and "associates to be named" in 2019. It's gonna be entertaining.

ivotuk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":tyshjg16 said:

girl-504315_640.jpg

Roland's a Little Girl? That explains a lot... Smart little Whippersnapper, she is. Had us all fooled!

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Receiving yards and TDs are all well and good, but can Tyler Lockett even catch?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
This is an intriguing off season when it comes to WR and TE, other than Lockett, we don’t have anyone one with proven track record. But we are full of guys with potentials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xray

Reaction score
Lockett can probably improve ; but he is pretty good right where he is at this point. One thing that many fans worry about are his return duties ; where he could take some really big hits. I would like for Carroll to take Lockett off special teams and save his body for receiving only. They have players now that could do a good job of returns.IMO

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very good point right there. Time to let someone take over return duties. He's way too valuable as a WR, and on this team he's our #1. No need to risk it.