How Good Would Russ Have Been With Another Team?

hawker84

Reaction score
Put him behind a real offensive line and he'd make Brees in his prime look like a back up.. been saying it, hell screaming it for years at Pete. Get him a damn line, it starts in the trenches. I don't care how many shiny toys you buy him, it doesn't matter if he's running for his life as soon as he hikes the ball every damn pass play.

And how about some short middle stuff? Why the run, run, 3rd and long, sack or incomplete and punt every possession. By the way, do we still have tight ends on this team? Manageable 3rd downs Pete, where you have the D guessing. Wilson needs 3rd and 4's or less as opposed to 3rd and 8 where they can pin their ears back against a joke of a line, who's left tackle is constantly getting blown up. It's football 101. It all starts in the trenches. And Pete after 10 seasons with Wilson still doesn't get it. Bye Pete. Or better yet good riddance...

chris98251

Reaction score
We were in desperate need for a QB, we signed Flynn and then drafted Wilson who was not expected to start, most coaches still wanted proto type QB's, Wilson was too short for most and he was a scrambler that also took him out of many draft boards. He would have been lucky to get any real chance in most places, why he slipped to the third round.

He lost his job in NC because of a coaching change and he wanted a proto typical looking QB also Mike Glennon.

Wilson landed in the right spot at the right time, remember other then Chuckie really nobody was supporting our pick.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Tokadub":25tktizo said:
Welshers":25tktizo said:
Seeing this team without Russ shows just how good he truly is. It makes the question arise: if he was with another team, let's say one with a great offensive mind like Payton or Reid or Bellicheck, how great could he have been? I'm not necessarily criticizing the style of football that is played here but I don't think it allows Russ to show is true greatness.

I think Russ is so good that he could already be in the conversation for top 10 QBs of all time if he was on a different team his whole career. Sad to see,

Well it's a very interesting conversation point.

I would have to say it's unlikely he would of been significantly better with any other team. I think on most teams he would of been MUCH worst.

Think about the way he entered the league, the best defense in the league and nobody has any tape on him so he can just run with his career high athleticism and burn our opponents with both his feet and his arm.

Wilson jumped into a system from day 1 with the best defense in the league and most definitely one of the top running games with Marshawn Lynch.

I said this on THIS forum during Russell's first season:

"I think he's a top 5 QB and I think he's better than Andrew Luck!"

When I said that even THIS forum seemed to almost all think Andrew Luck was better. I read all those threads...

I even had to say he's WAYYYYY better than Kaepernick because at the time that was debatable among the "experts".

My point is from day 1 I believed in Wilson! Just because I think the team sucks this season doesn't mean I didn't see our potential way back in the day!

I think the biggest tragedy is that we only won 1 Super Bowl from 2012-2014... we should of won at least 2 if not 3!

So do I think Russell would have been better with another team???

He WAS 2nd all time in passer rating behind Aaron Rodgers until Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson passed him (I doubt either of those QB's will finish their career with a higher passer rating than Russell Wilson).

He's the fastest QB to EVER reach 100 wins!

He is 3rd all time in TD/Interception Ratio behind Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes. Once again I think he will finish with a better TD/Interception Ratio than Patrick Mahomes.

Russell also has a bunch of random stats like this article states:

https://www.nfl.com/photos/mind-boggling-stats-russell-wilson-0ap3000001025270

+269 point differential in the 4th quarter since 2012 (#1 in the league)

109.6 Passer rating in the 4th quarter (highest since 1991)

21 4th quarter comebacks and 27 game winning drives (most since 2012)

2nd highest pass to touchdown ratio in Super Bowl Era (at the time this article was published)...

NOT TO MENTION HE IS 4th all time in QB Rushing YARDS?

But his 35,142 Passing yards is more than any of the QB's who have more rushing yards (almost 4,000 more than Cam Newton)!

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/who-had-the-most-qb-rush-yards-career

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VickMi00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NewtCa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CunnRa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

CONCLUSION:

It's a HUGE stretch to say Wilson would of been better with another team when he is ALREADY one of the greatest of all time statistically on OUR TEAM...

Maybe he would have a little more passing yards???

I don't think he's going to join another team and do any better if that's what you mean.

I think his skill set matched the coaching from 2012 to 2014. Ever since then it's been more of a struggle but his numbers have been amazing year after year...

I JUST DON'T SEE A UNIVERSE WHERE RUSSEL WAS ON ANOTHER TEAM AND HE GOES FROM TOP 3 ALL TIME (in multiple categories) TO TOP 1-2...?

YOU THINK WITH ANOTHER TEAM HE WOULD BE THE FASTEST QB IN NFL HISTORY TO REACH 100 WINS???
This the correct answer

TreeRon

Reaction score
getnasty":2n73pqwf said:
Scorpion05":2n73pqwf said:
Russ would thrive on another team.

This is a team that was never truly built for Russ. We draft DK and Lockett, but then we draft run blocking O-linemen and Penny. We give up two first rounders for a safety but then we don’t invest in corners.

Russ would thrive on a team that, for once actually prioritizes pass blocking O-linemen. And a team built around pass catching all over the field and not just deep threats. Saying Russ can’t succeed better elsewhere is laughable because he has LITERALLY never been given the chance to thrive in an offense not centered around Pete’s philosophy.

Quite frankly, it’s not a passionate argument for me. Russell Wilson is an all time great, and I laugh at anyone who doesn’t appreciate how great he truly is. If people don’t think so, it doesn’t matter. The truth is the truth and he’ll succeed on another team no matter how much people in his own fan base disrespects him.

getnasty":2n73pqwf said:
John63":2n73pqwf said:
No what sad is he could have accomplished more.

Yeah he might have zero rings if he didn't have an elite defesne in 2013. Cry me a river because he's played for winning organization that drafted him when everyone else passed. That chose him to start as a rookie over Matt Flynn. Probably more likely he's accomplished less going to anther organization.

You believe this because you have little respect for Russell Wilson. And that’s alright.

Every QB gets a chance somewhere. What would happen if the Patriots didn’t draft Brady in the 6th round? Or Mahomes went to the Jaguars?

Russ left NC State for Wisconsin when he didn’t get a chance. He came in and WON the job because of his great play. If the Seahawks didn’t give Russ a chance, another team would have. This team doesn’t win that Super Bowl without Russ. And I beg you to argue otherwise because Russ elevated Marshawn by opening up more running lanes. And won a lot of comeback games even with that great defense.

Your opinion is what happens when your disdain for someone clouds your ability to respect someone who’s far exceeded any “breaks” he may have gotten early in his career.

I'm a huge Russ fan. Best player in franchise history. Love him. At the same time he was fortunate to go to Seattle and because he did was able to have a ton of success early that he wouldn't have going elsewhere. Honestly i beleive his career wouldn't be near as good going to another team. Maybe better stats but not a better career.

Total Bull Sh1t. He would have won the job just like he did here. Even if he had to sit behind Brees for example, either he or Brees would have eventually been traded. He'd have been wildly successful. If on a team east of the Mississippi he'd be lauded much more than he is now.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
John63":1uf4kmkq said:
getnasty":1uf4kmkq said:
Is it really that sad that he's won like more games then any QB in his first 10 years. Poor Russell Wilson rough life.

No what sad is he could have accomplished more.

Like AR?

Seriously other than TB who are we talking about here. There’s been better QB’s who have won none. The guy is making a mint doing something he enjoys. I’m sure he’s crying himself to sleep each night.