How long are you going to watch the Hawks?

m0ng0

Reaction score
It's part of life, I got outb of going to church because of the Seahawks...we are bonded since 77...we are one :)

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
For as long as I watch American Football, I will be watching the Hawks. been doing so since 1983/4 and no reason to stop....

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Football, and the Hawks in general, have been a huge part of my life since childhood. I’ll stop watching them when I die. Has nothing to do with Pete or any particular player or coach. It’s like a love affair for me. You have to feed the hunger and….In turn, the Hawks have given me years of enjoyment

Hawknight

Reaction score
Once a fan always a fan. Seahawks life is another part of my family life. It's what helps my life feel whole and complete.

JPatera76

Reaction score
my prior comment was truly just meant as sarcasm. (The second part of it) but I’ll add, for me there’s always been an emotional connect of some kind as it relates to fond memories with my grandfather and going out to Cheney and getting autographs, watching the players practice, talking to them, seeing the joy in my grandfathers face and the fact It was a tradition for my grandfather and I to go every day and each year they were in Cheney. And He was a Season ticket holder so I’d always have a chance to go to games as well.

Now that he’s passed watching these games keeps the feeling of being with him and connected still. And after reading everyone else’s posts it seems for the most part in someway a few are connected to the team in some way like the above.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Forever. I'm particularly excited to watch them when Carroll is finally gone.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
As long as they are the Seattle Seahawks, I will continue to watch. No matter who the owner is or the coach and GM are. And no matter who the players are. I will continue to watch.

Atradees

Reaction score
Sounds like a woke thing. I dont like woke things. Ima watch football forever if the Hawks are not competitive Ill get a second team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be eye rolling, and in the absence of eye rolling, claims of heresy to say the least.

But, how long are you going to watch, follow and root for the hawks and/or NFL?

My gut tells me that when Pete is done, I'll be done. At least in the way that I follow it now. Once the nerf helmets are full time and in production, and the new kickoff rule morphs into 'whatever' 'trials' and 'pilot' projects will eventually take all kicks out of the game, AND the defensive rules get so watered down that it actually fulfills Fade's "Basketball on grass" predictions - and whatever else is going to get thrown at us for legal reasons - I think I'll be done. Make no mistake, it's coming in pieces.

Nerf helmets are infecting the CFL now too. The whole sport is going to get ridiculous if it keeps going.

Anyhow - 2025 is probably my expiry date for most of it. I might watch it in Red-Zone fashion - sorta how I watch baseball right now. If it's on on the weekend, I'll play it in the background while I'm doing something else more productive. I am looking forward to this season and Mr. Geno rocking the Kasbah. But after that.....

You?

Can I ask how old you are Calgary?

You do know that most of us fans on here are 50+ and lived through 2-14 seasons and owners with moving vans taking our Hawks to California.

I can't even picture a scenario where I wouldn't be vested in my Hawks. My fandom is ingrained in my DNA, it's what I've done every Sunday since I can remember, and it'll be what I do until I'm lowered into the cold dark earth.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I've already purged the NBA from my life after the Sonics debacle. Haven't watched a single minute of the NBA since they left town, and I never will. I've definitely cut back on my NFL watching and I rarely go to games anymore. The more they pussify the game, the less interested I'm in watching. I have a lot of other interests that don't involve sitting on a couch for 4 hours. Still love it but I don't like the direction the league is going.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Football, and the Hawks in general, have been a huge part of my life since childhood. I’ll stop watching them when I die. Has nothing to do with Pete or any particular player or coach. It’s like a love affair for me. You have to feed the hunger and….In turn, the Hawks have given me years of enjoyment
You know what's weird? I wouldn't give a damn about football if somehow Seattle disappeared today. I would still care about baseball and hockey as I had a magical experience in Denver with the Rockies and Avalanche. And funny enough I'm not a Kraken fan (even though you beat us)

Last edited: