How many points did the refs take off the board tonight....

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Largent80":3qktpn0w said:
Can't Paul Allen do something about this?

I mean it sounds like he could perhaps pay off one of these dishonest officials that rainger says are probably out there.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
rainger":2ovyz9pd said:
So your response to try to show that some how my posts are "crazy" doesn't answer the question. Please note I do not think the NFL has a conspiracy against the Hawks, but I truly believe there are some dishonest refs.

You are therefore implying that I am some crazy guy because I believe there could be dishonest people in the officiating of the NFL. You obviously believe that not one of them has some friend put money on the line of a game.

So please explain how the NFL managed to hire %100 honest people with no agenda and none who have succumbed to the dark side finding how easy it would to call a PI to ensure the spread was or was not maintained. Yet no other profession in the world has %100 honest people.

Rather than dismiss the idea, that there are dishonest refs, by trying to imply I am nuts, please explain how you believe that there is not one bad egg in the NFL officiating crews who makes calls for the benefit of the line????

Occam's razor. Where there is no evidence to suggest that a crime has been committed, I tend to believe that no crime has been committed.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I wouldn't try and put it on dishonest people but there is no question somethings amiss. I don't think the system is corrupt or the NFL has an agenda against Seattle. I do think a little bit of effort is going towards keeping scores close and preventing blowouts and I understand why they would do that. Blowouts hurt the product and devalue marketing. Advertisers are not going to feel good about their investment if people are tuning out at half time.

I do think you have to be pretty simple to believe nothing is going on or that this is all coincidence. How many TD's have we had taken off the board this season? I would love to see how we compare with other teams in that comparison.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
rainger":15wgttf9 said:
Where can I find the "head in the sand" emote-icon?

"Head in the sand" would imply that I'm willfully ignoring something.

What am I willfully ignoring? What evidence is there of deliberately dishonest officiating? If you put evidence in front of me I'll be happy to give it all due consideration.

Rainger

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":bnzpuqy8 said:
rainger":bnzpuqy8 said:

What am I willfully ignoring? What evidence is there of deliberately dishonest officiating? If you put evidence in front of me I'll be happy to give it all due consideration.

That's right you live relatively close to Missouri. I give :stirthepot:

Hawks46

Reaction score
rainger":m319pq3p said:
Like I said in another post:

What I find most interesting is that so many people think that all the officials are all trying and none are dishonest and trying to manipulate the game. If you say they are trying to change the result and are corrupt you get the old answer calling you a conspiracy theorist and it is only" mistakes". Those defending the refs don't want to believe that calls could be deliberate and corrupt.

However I ask this. What percentage of the general population are dishonest??? Is it 10% 20 more? Well what ever number you come up with that is probably the percent of dishonest refs in the NFL. It is unbelievable that so many can believe that 100% of the refs are honest? If Basketball or Baseball can have a ref trying to manipulate the result, why can't that happen in football? If it is 20% then you have a corrupt ref in every crew or 2 or more in others.

Anyone who believes that all 100% of the refs are honest and only making "mistakes" because they are incompetent is delusional and has their head in the sand. Yes Salk this also includes you.

Well, it's obvious: the NFL refuses to put a team in Las Vegas, so they can keep the product untainted. Since there isn't a team in LV, there obviously isn't a motive or outlet for refs to be dishonest, bet on a game, or similarly affect an outcome. They're squeaky clean ! :sarcasm_off:

I can't prove it, so I won't claim it's "paid off" refs (I don't know how you explain away SB XL any other way though), but I lived in LV for a good while. While I was down there, the mayor (Oscar Goodman) went to the NFL. He told them he would get the funds to build a 1.5 billion dollar stadium in Vegas, completely funded by the city, and all the NFL had to do was tell him they would CONSIDER putting a team in there. They didn't have to promise anything else, just that they wouldn't totally shut the idea down. The NFL told him to go pound sand, and that they would never consider it.

When an organization goes to that much trouble to take the high road (even when it's a poor idea), they know there's probably an issue and they are trying to distance themselves from it.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
rainger":106pk5j7 said:

So it is your stance that we should assume that criminal behavior exists where zero evidence exists to suggest it?

Jiggy

Reaction score
I still think the NFL should be fined, in form of financial compensation to the team for every bad call an official makes.

Apologies to a team that loses a game to a bad call or a series of bad calls doesn't help that teams bottom line. The NFL Is getting so competitive that losing one game is the difference between a playoff appearance or packing it up for the year in January.

Once the NFL's bottom line starts taking a hit, I would bet that officiating gets a bit more "dependable".

Another thing the NFL needs to stop doing is making BIG changes to the rules or telling their refs to "Focus on a specific action on the field." Why should holding by a DB be anymore worthy of attention then holding by an O lineman? Answer is, they shouldn't be.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Jiggy":c4so9h72 said:
I still think the NFL should be fined, in form of financial compensation to the team for every bad call an official makes.

Do you think it's at all reasonable to expect officials to get every single call right?

Receivers drop passes, baseball hitters get out at least 2/3 of the time, baseball fielders boot ground balls, and so on and so on, but somehow fans expect zero error rate whatsoever from officials. It's not rational.

Rainger

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1rgvrzp6 said:
rainger":1rgvrzp6 said:

So it is your stance that we should assume that criminal behavior exists where zero evidence exists to suggest it?

It is mere mathematical statistical probability. Many like you believed the world was flat once. Regardless of the information presented that suggested different they did not have the "evidence"

You need "proof" your posts suggest you are an ISTJ. I however look at all the what if and what could be based upon all the other circumstances in life. The empirical evidence and statistical probability practically guarantees that a ref can be bought and is betting on games.

I don't need one to be charged in a court of law to "have proof"

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
rainger":29iy8ps4 said:
MidwestHawker":29iy8ps4 said:
rainger":29iy8ps4 said:

It is mere mathematical statistical probability. Many like you believed the world was flat once. Regardless of the information presented that suggested different they did not have the "evidence"

You need "proof" your posts suggest you are an ISTJ. I however look at all the what if and what could be based upon all the other circumstances in life. The empirical evidence and statistical probability practically guarantees that a ref can be bought and is betting on games.

Haven't done a Myers-Briggs in quite some time but I think I always tested as an INTJ.

Anyway, so this is a math thing for you? I'm down with math and I detest those who reject math, so perhaps you can convince me mathematically. What numbers are you plugging in to reach your conclusion?

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":jtwzx1cq said:
rainger":jtwzx1cq said:

Super bowl xl ...... :thfight7:

Rainger

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1ekhqira said:
rainger":1ekhqira said:
MidwestHawker":1ekhqira said:
rainger":1ekhqira said:

Haven't done a Myers-Briggs in quite some time but I think I always tested as an INTJ.

Anyway, so this is a math thing for you? I'm down with math and I detest those who reject math, so perhaps you can convince me mathematically. What numbers are you plugging in to reach your conclusion?
:3-1: :251864: :duel: :white_flag:

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
rainger":3vedc4vs said:

Huh? I just said I'd be happy to go along with framing it in the context that you would prefer, and then asked you to explain it within that framing. What did I do wrong now?

mikeak

Reaction score
I watch games every Sunday with horrible decisions or rulings.

Sometimes it is missed facemasks like TWO by Seattle yesterday against 49ers

Sometimes it is blown PI calls like against Seattle

Should I believe the Reds are gambling on scores by quarters?....

Rainger

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1v4kgqez said:
rainger":1v4kgqez said:

Huh? I just said I'd be happy to go along with framing it in the context that you would prefer, and then asked you to explain it within that framing. What did I do wrong now?
Nothing. Sorry I am too old to be drawn into a pissing match.

Rainger

Reaction score
mikeak":16kkuxhy said:
I watch games every Sunday with horrible decisions or rulings.

Sometimes it is missed facemasks like TWO by Seattle yesterday against 49ers

Sometimes it is blown PI calls like against Seattle

Should I believe the Reds are gambling on scores by quarters?....
A "Reds" player was gambling on scores lol