How much $$ do we really save cutting Lynch?

nwgamer

Reaction score
austinslater25":l0yv5pis said:
He will be cut. I don't think anyone is taking on that contract unless they have a ton of money to spend. Jax is in that position but they have a good young back in Yeldon.

Oakland

McGruff

Reaction score
Fade":2nsl81p9 said:
I see him being traded. He won't be cut.

If he get a 7th round pick for him it will be a godsend. Not because he isn't good, but because he is old, expensive, and coming off an injury plagued year. No one will pay a premium for that.

Gio

Reaction score
People post in FB that Lynch left. Is this true ??

Laloosh

Reaction score
austinslater25":33ae2fr8 said:
He will be cut. I don't think anyone is taking on that contract unless they have a ton of money to spend. Jax is in that position but they have a good young back in Yeldon.

Some teams do have a ton of money and they'd only be on the hook for the 6.5 in salary that hasn't already been paid.

I don't necessarily think it's likely but possible (if you'll allow me to be wishy washy about it).

McGruff

Reaction score
Laloosh":1tqarr6x said:
austinslater25":1tqarr6x said:

Some teams do have a ton of money and they'd only be on the hook for the 6.5 in salary that hasn't already been paid.

I don't necessarily think it's likely but possible (if you'll allow me to be wishy washy about it).

He is owed 9 million in based salary. They would take on all of that.

9 million for an older running back with a steep injury history is a pretty tough sell.

redhawk253

Reaction score
I also dont think he will be cut.. too many low tier teams would snatch him off waivers.. lynch doesnt want that.. and there are a lot of teams that would want him even at his cap number..

Oakland will be willing to trade for him based on the idea that i believe lynch would restructure to be there in his home town and that would make them legit contenders in their division.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
redhawk253":1ievg661 said:
I also dont think he will be cut.. too many low tier teams would snatch him off waivers..
I understand that you believe he won't be cut... but how does that logically relate to "too many low tier teams would snatch him off waivers"?

First off, Lynch is a fully vested veteran (4 or more accrued seasons) and clearing waivers does not apply to him. Only players with less than 4 accrued seasons need go through the waiver process.

When Seattle cuts/releases him to free up $6.5M in cap space, he become an UFA immediately... meaning he's free to sign with any team. His old contract is null and void.

Expect that to occur not too long after SB 50.

AVL

Reaction score
I can't imagine them wanting him back, but I was surprised when they gave him the new contract last year.

Great player, but you can't be a team player only showing up for mandatory practices in today's NFL.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
What happens if he retires? He was the heart and soul of this team for a few amazing years. He was the man. I hope he retires. It would be the classy way to leave town.

Laloosh

Reaction score
McGruff":r5fw9qh2 said:
Laloosh":r5fw9qh2 said:
austinslater25":r5fw9qh2 said:

He is owed 9 million in based salary. They would take on all of that.

9 million for an older running back with a steep injury history is a pretty tough sell.

Thought we'd already paid some of that. My bad ;)

HawkerD

Reaction score
Tinymac2":25ru3j1o said:
What happens if he retires? He was the heart and soul of this team for a few amazing years. He was the man. I hope he retires. It would be the classy way to leave town.

the heart of the team is media driven Dribble. He might have been the heart in 2010-2011. Not any more. Way to many leaders on the team that are actually team players.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
If his teammates are constantly talking about how great and supportive he is as a teammate, how do fans, who don't know anyone on the team personally, make assumptions that he is NOT that?

It's kinda funny that people that aren't on the team are the only ones calling him a distraction or a bad team player to the people that are ACTUALLY on the team lol.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HawkerD":3vg0bvwy said:
Tinymac2":3vg0bvwy said:

the heart of the team is media driven Dribble. He might have been the heart in 2010-2011. Not any more. Way to many leaders on the team that are actually team players.
You know this how?