How Would You Divide RB Carries Tomorrow Night?

LolaRox

Reaction score
ACFan":26tz398t said:
Conventional thinking is the ones you want to evaluate get the most PT in preseason.

But heck, we need to evaluate every RB, nearly equally don't we?

If it's been decided that Lacy will be the starter week 1, (and I think it has), then I guess he gets 3 token carries to start preseason games, then rides the pine.

Then what happens? How long does Rawls go? does Prosise get more than 3rd down looks? how do things get divided up from there?

If everyone looks good, do we showcase guys for trade bait by week 3?

If no one looks good, do we rotate the bottom half of the depth chart up to get work with the 1st team O-line?

How hard do we really evaluate Lacy?, do we just trust he'll be able to bring it week one? or how much of it do we need to see in preseason?

What makes you think it's been decided that Lacy will be wk1 starter? Everything I've seen coming out of camp is that Rawls is getting the large majority of the 1st team snaps.

As for tonight, this is how I would divvy it up-

Rawls only plays as long as Russell (if Russ even plays) or 1 series, whichever is less.
Lacy and Prosise work in a couple snaps each very early in the game.
Collins, Carson and McKissic get the bulk of playing time.
Madden and Davis fill in 4Q

McKissic also get the bulk of return duties and some WR snaps.

OP
OP
ACFan

ACFan

Reaction score
I'd test Lacy good, give him 2 or 3 series AFTER Rawls gets the first series. bring in CJ on 3rds.

2nd quarter, give CJ some first down runs, maybe bring AC or Carson in on a 3rd down.

Last half of the 2nd and most of the 3rd would be Collins & Carson, then everyone else to close out the game.

That's probably what I do.

Here's my guess of what WILL happen, in order of appearance.

Lacy 3 carries
Rawls 4 carries
CJ 3 carries
AC 5 carries
Carson 8 carries

I don't expect Lacy to do much, get a few touches and maybe push the pile some for 3-4 yard gains.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rawls break a long one, then immediately sit.

I think AC and Carson will have the best chance to crack 50 yards, as they'll probably get the most carries when matchups may be more favorable.

no injuries please!

stoked to just be a few hours away from kickoff.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Lacy has yet to show how he can run behind our "awesome OL". I'd like to see him and Rawls each get at least two series.