Hurts me to say it....but GO SEAHAWKS!

OP
OP
R

Ramfan128

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3p2h98dr said:
Sorry you're feeling some pain in rooting for us, but as you said, neutral observers should logically decide on the Seahawks. :)

Have to say...even though I'm one of the Rams fans that believe Bradford can still turn into a good QB....your sig made me LOL.

HoRneR

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3qxahxk8 said:
gargantual":3qxahxk8 said:
HoRneR":3qxahxk8 said:
Can you tell me why you think this? Not being sarcastic or anything I would actually like a third party fan explain why you think the niners don't match up well.
I don't think you have to think real hard to find a number of big reasons.

The biggest of which is....ummmm.....

71-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, THIS is a big part of it for me. I know what people will say - Niners are playing better than Hawks right now. I don't buy into all that when it comes to rivalry games. Good examples of this were Rams games against Seahawks this year: game 1, we should've gotten destroyed. Kellen Clemen's first game, throws two picks, and looks terrible, against the best team in the NFC. Yet the game was extremely competitive. Game 2, there were actually Seahawk fans that thought the Rams had a chance. And then we literally embarrassed ourselves.

As for the X's and O's part of it - I think Carrol owns Harbaugh...hard to articulate how much I dislike both of these guys...but they are good coaches. And from the head to head matchups I've watched between the two in Seattle, Harbaugh just looks lost and confused on the sideline...as if he doesn't even know what team he's watching (makes sense considering the Niners porous performances in Seattle lately, but still).

Then to me, this is biggest matchup: Niners WRs/TEs vs. Seattle's secondary. Just not a good matchup for SF. Helps now that Crabs is back, but they did have him during that 42-13 beat down last year, so I'm not buying that he'll make THAT much of a difference.

Wilson is better than Kap - Lynch better than Gore - Seahawks D is better than Niners D. Seattle even owns the ST edge with their phenomenal punt/kick coverage. The only edge I'd give to SF is WRs/TEs.

Translated into who will actually be lining up against: Seattle's O vs. Niners D - undoubtedly the most questionable matchup for all of us. There are times when Seattle's O looks like world beaters, and then not so much. I have no basis of fact to back this up, but I believe they'll look like world beaters in this one. Seattle just gets up for opponents. They seem to be able to run the ball with Lynch against SF, which is strange to me considering the impression I get of Seattle's offensive line is that they're not very good. As I said this is a question mark.

What is not a question mark is SF's offense vs. Seattle's D. Crabs style plays right into Sherman's hands. I'm sure Seattle will have a game plan for Boldin....but that is the X factor for SF. Get him away from Sherman and attack the other guy....unfortunately the other guy is still really good. Where does Seattle find these guys??? Get Davis matched up against Chancellor and let him work...but don't let him take a hit like he did last year (OUCH!) or he'll be hesitant all game. Try to run the ball...Seattle's run D has been gashed...but they are still a great run defense.

I'd honestly run a LOT of read option if I was the Niners. Yea Kap might get killed, but if you don't, you'll lose.

Ill talk first about what i got bolded.

Harbaugh is actually 1-2 in Seattle and 4-2 against them since he has been a coach for the 49ers so saying Carrol owns Harbaugh is kinda confusing I would say its pretty damn even.

Wilson > Kap is really debatable especially as of late I would say they are about the same even tho Wilson has been the beneficiary of a better run game. But I do agree since its in Seattle you gotta give it to Wilson cause he won't have to deal with the crowd noise that I will admit does fluster Kap.

Also you saw in the game in San Fran that having Boldin Crab and Davis in the lineup does help a ton. If Kap doesn't throw any questionable balls like the one near the endzone last time these two met it should be a really good game.

Also I appreciate the actual response

OP
OP
R

Ramfan128

Reaction score
HoRneR":25vl1nyd said:
Ramfan128":25vl1nyd said:
gargantual":25vl1nyd said:
HoRneR":25vl1nyd said:
Can you tell me why you think this? Not being sarcastic or anything I would actually like a third party fan explain why you think the niners don't match up well.

Actually, THIS is a big part of it for me. I know what people will say - Niners are playing better than Hawks right now. I don't buy into all that when it comes to rivalry games. Good examples of this were Rams games against Seahawks this year: game 1, we should've gotten destroyed. Kellen Clemen's first game, throws two picks, and looks terrible, against the best team in the NFC. Yet the game was extremely competitive. Game 2, there were actually Seahawk fans that thought the Rams had a chance. And then we literally embarrassed ourselves.

As for the X's and O's part of it - I think Carrol owns Harbaugh...hard to articulate how much I dislike both of these guys...but they are good coaches. And from the head to head matchups I've watched between the two in Seattle, Harbaugh just looks lost and confused on the sideline...as if he doesn't even know what team he's watching (makes sense considering the Niners porous performances in Seattle lately, but still).

Then to me, this is biggest matchup: Niners WRs/TEs vs. Seattle's secondary. Just not a good matchup for SF. Helps now that Crabs is back, but they did have him during that 42-13 beat down last year, so I'm not buying that he'll make THAT much of a difference.

Wilson is better than Kap - Lynch better than Gore - Seahawks D is better than Niners D. Seattle even owns the ST edge with their phenomenal punt/kick coverage. The only edge I'd give to SF is WRs/TEs.

Translated into who will actually be lining up against: Seattle's O vs. Niners D - undoubtedly the most questionable matchup for all of us. There are times when Seattle's O looks like world beaters, and then not so much. I have no basis of fact to back this up, but I believe they'll look like world beaters in this one. Seattle just gets up for opponents. They seem to be able to run the ball with Lynch against SF, which is strange to me considering the impression I get of Seattle's offensive line is that they're not very good. As I said this is a question mark.

What is not a question mark is SF's offense vs. Seattle's D. Crabs style plays right into Sherman's hands. I'm sure Seattle will have a game plan for Boldin....but that is the X factor for SF. Get him away from Sherman and attack the other guy....unfortunately the other guy is still really good. Where does Seattle find these guys??? Get Davis matched up against Chancellor and let him work...but don't let him take a hit like he did last year (OUCH!) or he'll be hesitant all game. Try to run the ball...Seattle's run D has been gashed...but they are still a great run defense.

I'd honestly run a LOT of read option if I was the Niners. Yea Kap might get killed, but if you don't, you'll lose.

Ill talk first about what i got bolded.

Harbaugh is actually 1-2 in Seattle and 4-2 against them since he has been a coach for the 49ers so saying Carrol owns Harbaugh is kinda confusing I would say its pretty damn even.

Wilson > Kap is really debatable especially as of late I would say they are about the same even tho Wilson has been the beneficiary of a better run game. But I do agree since its in Seattle you gotta give it to Wilson cause he won't have to deal with the crowd noise that I will admit does fluster Kap.

Also you saw in the game in San Fran that having Boldin Crab and Davis in the lineup does help a ton. If Kap doesn't throw any questionable balls like the one near the endzone last time these two met it should be a really good game.

Also I appreciate the actual response

Yeah I knew Harbaugh had a better record overall, and that he had won a game in Seattle. Just a feeling I get about Harbaugh against Carrol in Seattle. Also, despite that 4-2 record, Seattle is +28 in those 6 games. But you are correct, that is hardly grounds for saying he "owns" him.

I am offended by you...in the few posts I've read you are the most sensible 49er fan I've ever seen, and frankly, didn't think someone like you existed. Please start trolling soon or I'm quite sure the world will end. (in all seriousness, you make hating the 49ers just a little bit more difficult).

Hawks46

Reaction score
[/quote]Harbaugh is actually 1-2 in Seattle and 4-2 against them since he has been a coach for the 49ers so saying Carrol owns Harbaugh is kinda confusing I would say its pretty damn even.

Also I appreciate the actual response[/quote]

Let me help you with this HoRneR.

First Kaep vs. Wilson. Kaepernick is a better runner and dual threat Qb, but he's not a distributor. That's why he struggles against Seattle's defense so much: we can take away his first 2 options, and if we don't let him run, well he's screwed. Just take the last game: Boldin had a good game, Crabtree did ok. Vernon Davis, your Pro Bowl TE and go-to target for most of the season: barely targeted. Kaepernick hits read 1, read 2, then looks to run. That plays right into our defense's strengths.

As for coaching, Carroll inherited a terrible team. Case in point: Seattle had well over 300 personnel transactions when Carroll and Schneider took over. Harbaugh turned very little over on his team, and almost none of the starters. When you're not getting rid of any starters, that's a sign that your team was really good personnel-wise as most coaches will want to make their own stamp on a team with "their" guys. So, yea, that first year didn't turn out so well....who's to say Harbaugh outcoached Carroll ? We were outclasses by a team with superior talent; coaching only gets you so far.

Look at the last two years when the teams were "even" with talent. It's a 2-2 split, but the average margin of victory hugely favors Seattle. You get blown out up here and squeak by at your house. Eventually, that doesn't hold up. You can't always make that 1-2 plays that decide those close games.

Look at a team like Detroit: probably the best offensive personnel in the NFL to go along with arguably the best defensive front 4 in the game (maybe 2nd to Carolina). Why do they suck so bad ? Why did you guys run over the Panthers, after losing in your house to them ? They both play(ed) undisciplined football and are poorly coached. (I'd say Rivera is average but he's not on Harbaugh's level and it showed).

seahawksny

Reaction score
Thanks for support
Never hated the Rams
I would root for Rams or Cardinals in the playoffs. More power to the WEST
Whiners is only team i root to lose no matter who they play

candyman4881

Reaction score
Ramfan128":31i1jwmx said:
gargantual":31i1jwmx said:
HoRneR":31i1jwmx said:

Good post and I agree with a lot of it

Personally, I'd give the front 7 edge to Seattle. Wagner is a difference maker and gets overshadowed by their secondary, but may be the most important player on that defense. SF has the "names" but I'd take Seattle's. Oline though, I'd have to agree. Forgot to mention that in my post. Rams fans arguing over whose better between SF and Seattle....hate Carolina even more for this now.

This is where I disagree with you - San Francisco's LB Corp is the best in the NFL in my opinion - their D-Line is no slouch either. I am not taking anything away from Seattle as the Seahawks have a very good/great front 7. If the teams were combined with the 49ers front 7 and the Seahawks secondary, I really dont see how an offense could operate against that defense.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Ramfan128":38znjqet said:
RolandDeschain":38znjqet said:
Sorry you're feeling some pain in rooting for us, but as you said, neutral observers should logically decide on the Seahawks. :)

Have to say...even though I'm one of the Rams fans that believe Bradford can still turn into a good QB....your sig made me LOL.

You're one of the reasonable Rams' fans then .... nice to meet ya.

It does not hurt me to say I am rooting for the Hawks this NFC Champ game, as I am. Niners are playing very good right now, and have a good momentum, so it will not be easy for you to win. Especially after it seemed like your Offense was playing weaker last week.

I do think overall that you are the better team right now.

But I will also root for the NFC W to win the SB regardless.

Good luck Hawks! Hope it's you. I'd like all NFC W teams to have a SB win.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
candyman4881":4n4pan67 said:
Same here - as a Rams fan, I have to pick the lesser of two evils. I truly believe that the 49ers are built on a house of cards, and one day (maybe sooner than later), Harbaugh is going to crack. He is the type of coach you love when you are winning but hate when you lose. I am ready for an epic game on Sunday. I know the 49ers are confident (and borderline cocky) about their team and having to go on the road to face an inferior opponents in Green Bay and Carolina. I think a lot of 49ers fans are discounting how much of an effect your stadium can be. I look no further than in 2010 when the Rams should have beat Seattle in my opinion in the last game of the year, but we didnt and I think the biggest impact was how loud that stadium can be during crucial games (it surely wasnt Charlie f'n Whitehurst).

I think the 49ers and Seahawks are very evenly matched, except I would give the benefit to the 49ers in Oline, WRs, and Defensive front 7, where as the Seahawks have the advantage at RB and Secondary. If the game was in San Fran, I would give the advantage to them, on a neutral field a toss up, and at Seattle, I give the advantage to you all. Good luck Sunday
I like your thinking mostly but you have it a bit off..our front 7 is even with San Francisco but their linebacker corps is slightly better but given our secondary is clearly better we have the better defense overall and advanced metrics bear that out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1xo6kym0 said:
Hello Seahawk fans. Wanted to let you all know that I'll be rooting for you guys this weekend.

Don't get me wrong - I can't stand the Seahawks - but the enemy of my enemy is my friend....and you're also the lesser of two evils.

Even if I didn't want Seattle to win, I wholeheartedly think they will. I just don't think SF matches up well with you guys.

It's an awkward situation for Rams fans though...kind of funny. The newer ones think of Seattle as a bigger rival...but IMO, even if that was even, all you have to do to decide who to hate more is look at the QBs. The only reason I dislike Russel Wilson is because of how good of a guy he is. Kaperneck on the other hand....UGH. Can't stand him. Would love to see Kam Chancellor come off the edge on a safety blitz and DESTROY him.

Anyway...Rams fans SHOULD all be rooting for Seattle this weekend...

I see you guys are a little concerned about your offense....I wouldn't be if I were you. Your team gets up for the Niners....have the last few years. I think Seattle would win by 7 on a neutral field..............and we all know this game will NOT be played on a neutral field.

Seahawks - 29

Whiners - 13
From your mouth to the football gawds ears brother!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HoRneR":zf5l4n4g said:
Ramfan128":zf5l4n4g said:
Hello Seahawk fans. Wanted to let you all know that I'll be rooting for you guys this weekend.

Don't get me wrong - I can't stand the Seahawks - but the enemy of my enemy is my friend....and you're also the lesser of two evils.

Even if I didn't want Seattle to win, I wholeheartedly think they will. I just don't think SF matches up well with you guys.

It's an awkward situation for Rams fans though...kind of funny. The newer ones think of Seattle as a bigger rival...but IMO, even if that was even, all you have to do to decide who to hate more is look at the QBs. The only reason I dislike Russel Wilson is because of how good of a guy he is. Kaperneck on the other hand....UGH. Can't stand him. Would love to see Kam Chancellor come off the edge on a safety blitz and DESTROY him.

Anyway...Rams fans SHOULD all be rooting for Seattle this weekend...

I see you guys are a little concerned about your offense....I wouldn't be if I were you. Your team gets up for the Niners....have the last few years. I think Seattle would win by 7 on a neutral field..............and we all know this game will NOT be played on a neutral field.

Seahawks - 29

Whiners - 13

He probably wants you to read my sig, that's probably a clue. 8)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3e5p8gst said:
RolandDeschain":3e5p8gst said:

I "lost" a sig bet based on Bradford's passer rating having to be 90+ for the year with a Rams fan, but I can't resist the asterisks. Like playing less than half the season really even counts. ;)

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Personally I feel the Niners are playing pretty well, but don't let that 8 game win streak fool you. They have not been lights out. They have been on positive side of some games they should have lost. When it comes to this game sunday, all streaks are thrown out. Both teams are 0-0. Like Kaeperdouche said, this game will be a knock down drag out fight. I can't wait for this game, this week is going too slow. I seriously believe the Hawks will come out firing on all cylinders and we hold the Niners close to our season avg of pts allowed and we are off to another Super Bowl. The more I see on TV about the sports media discrediting this Hawks team, the more I feel the Hawks will feed off of that. The boys are ready for this, this is what they wanted all year and have been waiting for. I have no doubt they pull out the win Sunday as Russell gets his passing game back and the defense lays the BOOM on the Niners

Latest posts