Hurtt will be only major firing

James in PA

Reaction score
And of course, Pete will stay and hire another "yes man" with no defensive coordinator experience to run this WEAK AF scheme. Lather, rinse, repeat. I'm so over this shit.

Polk738

Reaction score
You'd think that Fangio getting almost 60 dunked on him today would be enough to can this scheme and get rid of it completely including any coach associated with it.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
This scheme is soft as crap against the run, but we still need to tackle. We just out manhandled on the defensive side.

But, yeah, this is not a good scheme. I wasn't particularly thrilled with Norton's tenure, but I understood what our gameplan was. Under Hurtt, that seems to just be hoping that Woolen or Witherspoon or Love will make some INTs to save our butts.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
No self respecting DC will EVER come here to run this SOFT, OUTDATED BS scheme only to be overruled every time he comes up with an idea to shake up this STALE AF scheme!!!
To clarify... this isn't Pete's scheme. This is a Pete-variation of Fangio's scheme. So, we literally did change things up to what was considered the new 'it' scheme, it's just Fangio's scheme was overrated from the jump and doesn't work at all against teams like Pittsburgh.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm done with hearing Vic Fangio's name and I've never seen anything from Clint Hurtt to think he's the answer here.

I hear that ................

Seems to me the Hawks are lagging behind NFL trends.

On the offensive side, Dee Eskridge was selected about the same time the league had caught up with and began to shut down fly sweeps.

SeaHawkLoverHater

Reaction score
And of course, Pete will stay and hire another "yes man" with no defensive coordinator experience to run this WEAK AF scheme. Lather, rinse, repeat. I'm so over this shit.
Dude, they gotta fire Pete Carroll!! It's HIS defense. He hired a HORRIBLE Defensive Coordinator in Clint Hurtt. His managing has literally "Hurt" this defense and Indo t think the players on that side care much for him at all.

FIRE PETE CARROLL, FIRE CLINT HURT, PERIOD!!!

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Hey Pete's a defensive mind. That's why we're always last on defense. Damn I'd hate to see him as an offensive guy.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I don't think this is a coaching issue. Guys were in position, and our front seven, except for Williams, got manhandled.
If I may say a hopeful word on this sorrowful day, the Bears went from worst to first against the run. The Seahawks could do it next year, but need to add a couple big guys to the line. The other big problem today was the tackling, or lack thereof.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
Dude, they gotta fire Pete Carroll!! It's HIS defense. He hired a HORRIBLE Defensive Coordinator in Clint Hurtt. His managing has literally "Hurt" this defense and Indo t think the players on that side care much for him at all.

Just to clarify, I agree with you. I'm saying PC needs to go. However, my prediction is that he will stay (sadly) and Hurtt will be the fall guy.

SeaHawkLoverHater

Reaction score
Just to clarify, I agree with you. I'm saying PC needs to go. However, my prediction is that he will stay (sadly) and Hurtt will be the fall guy.
He probably will stay, but as long as he is here, we will NEVER go deep into the playoff, ever again! The players are getting tired of him and his coaching to other teams are so predictable.
We have not been a relevant team in this league since the 2014-2015 season where we went to the SB and lost. I don't see how mgt ain't seeing that.
I won't look forward to next season and won't care to watch them as long as Pete is still around.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score

Take Waldron too