I am sick of Luke Willson

TwilightError

Reaction score
When he actually makes the catch, he is everything one can hope for a TE. Fast and hard to bring down. He rumbles through tackles for large gains. Catching is his weakness so far but he can still develop. If he gets it corrected, it's mainly a staying focused issue, he will become an awesome end zone mismatch. He had shown glimpses of that already. If he can't fix it, he is toast. I can't really see that happening.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":36z7w7i3 said:
As several have said, I really don't think he was drafted in the 5th with the idea he was going to be "The Guy" year two. He was drafted using their secret formula (3 parts speed and then a bunch of other stuff) to be a developmental guy behind Zac and McCoy and who knows what other vet they might have picked up along the way... If McCoy could have stayed healthy the last two years I think that dude could have been a beast...

Yeah, he was trust into the roles of a complete TE kinda sudden-like. Now that his blocking at the LOS has improved, it's time to getting better at the open-field blocks and catching in traffic. Preferably he gets better at the catching in a phone booth first. That's when many of the passes need some zip on them, and those are the catches he has trouble with.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It was great to see Luke go off against the Cardinals. He finally put it all together and was catching the ball with reliability. At 6'5 with great athleticism, he has the potential to be a serious weapon for us down the road. He can burn linebackers with his speed and he's a size mismatch in the slot. He just needs the confidence that comes from experience . . . that's the only way he's going to get better.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1cadgjkj said:
Folks who are saying Luke Willson is a rookie (while this is his 2nd year) are providing further proof that he's playing like a rookie. Paul Richardson and Kevin Norwood, who are rookies, don't seem to have a drop problem when a ball hits them in the hands....Luke Willson and Jermaine Kearse seem to have a problem with balls that hit their hands. Maybe they need some stick um.

Signed,
Lester Hayes
Mike Haynes approves of your post.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't think we can compare Richardson to Wilson. WR and TE are very different positions. Also, Richardson was a starter at CO--really their main weapon--whereas Willson was the number two TE at Rice

Sonicsdave

Reaction score
Just toughen up, hit the weight room, hang out with Kam and Earl and hope some of their intensity rubs off on him. I feel like a lot of the drops were "mental" drops- He's scared to take a hit.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sonicsdave":3dhxmbb0 said:
Just toughen up, hit the weight room, hang out with Kam and Earl and hope some of their intensity rubs off on him. I feel like a lot of the drops were "mental" drops- He's scared to take a hit.

If that's the case, then why is he even playing football? If you don't want contact, then don't play a contact sport. Leave it for those who do.

SDHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3r796gcy said:
Sonicsdave":3r796gcy said:

If that's the case, then why is he even playing football? If you don't want contact, then don't play a contact sport. Leave it for those who do.

Vernon Davis was never the same after Kam lit him up.

Luke has had the yips ever since he got nailed by Whitner.

[youtube]v9HY4es51R8[/youtube]

chet380

Reaction score
SDHawk":3v2f3t52 said:
hawkfan68":3v2f3t52 said:
Sonicsdave":3v2f3t52 said:

Vernon Davis was never the same after Kam lit him up.

Luke has had the yips ever since he got nailed by Whitner.

[youtube]v9HY4es51R8[/youtube]

Didn't have the yips when he caught this game-winning TD pass and getting drilled by the Caro safety

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 743507b604

Pak-Man12

Reaction score
Did we just lose a game I was unaware of? I thought we had a BYE, but you guys are ripping this guy apart. This much anger and contempt for a player usually only comes after he loses a game for us.

Nope, turns out we're still #1 seed and still favored. I think you guys are just so bored you've taken to pass the time by ripping into a BACKUP TIGHT END. Poor guy. He kinda reminds me of Scott Stapp. Both in his hairdo, and by how everyone hates him for no apparent reason.

hawkpride

Reaction score
Dude totally balled tonight, if I was the OP I would reconsider the post title....

chet380

Reaction score
Hell will freeze over before the haters acknowledge this kid's talent.

Latest posts