I dont understand Bevell...

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
FWIW I didn't like the fade either. Then again I rarely like a fade... unless it works, of course.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Largent80":oej4gpij said:
So blame the coaches. It was a hard fought game that we lost, why is that on anyone? We came up short only 4 points?

Because YOU would have run this play here or there?

Sorry, but I'll trust the coaches. Ultimately the players need to make the plays.

LOL...

You haven't read a thing, huh? Just pulling a hamstring trying to be "voice of reason" guy.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Largent80":jrge3xs3 said:
So blame the coaches. It was a hard fought game that we lost, why is that on anyone? We came up short only 4 points?

Sorry, but I'll trust the coaches. Ultimately the players need to make the plays.

No one runs a fade on 4th and 1, it's incredibly stupid looking at the odds of the play.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2jhtizee said:
We are short SO many players, that there comes a time that blaming coaches is rather ridiculous.

Its no different now from before we lost SO many players. If it was just today's game or even the most recent games I would perhaps consider your statement as possible truth but sadly its been season wide for the most part.

Sure he shows some moments of brilliance, sure some of the issues is Wilson calling an audible, but I believe the bulk of the reason is Bevell himself. I partially blame Pete to for not smacking some sense into Bevell.

Largent80

Reaction score
pehawk":2s07zi11 said:
Largent80":2s07zi11 said:

LOL...

You haven't read a thing, huh? Just pulling a hamstring trying to be "voice of reason" guy.

LOL will be my answer to everything this week.....so...LOL I'll even throw in a :lol:

SeatownJay

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3ol9aed2 said:
Largent80":3ol9aed2 said:

No one runs a fade on 4th and 1, it's incredibly stupid looking at the odds of the play.
I honestly don't have a problem with a fade pattern. I do have a problem with running a fade pattern with the shortest WR on the team.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Honest Question

What about the fade to Moeaki? Wasn't that a similair play but to the other side?

How come we aren't pissed we didn't feed the beast on that play?

I tend to agree with Pe, but the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
rjdriver":iad91qn3 said:
Honest Question

What about the fade to Moeaki? Wasn't that a similair play but to the other side?

Completely different play than what they ran on 4th & goal.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
rjdriver":18txqczn said:
Honest Question

It worked so it's one of the good ones.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
OC calls 60 plays of viable offense with below average talent. Calls one play people don't like. Off with his head.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":1ie5aq88 said:
Honest Question

The fade to Maoki, wasn't really a true fade. Wilson saw him come open, the fade is a throw to a spot and timing.

marko358

Reaction score
Seriously, why do we have this massive full back if not to help smash it in from a yard or two out?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3trfcijw said:
OC calls 60 plays of viable offense with below average talent. Calls one play people don't like. Off with his head.

Poster comes in trying to be voice of reason guy, doesn't read the OP or have context, yet still posts.

SirTed

Reaction score
pehawk":2bqhhrjy said:
On Wilson's TD to Baldwin, Bevell called 3 WR's to the corner...short side...basically causing a hail mary pile...? Huh, what?

4th and goal at the 1...they run a timing pattern with Russell Wilson at QB? So, he chose the absolute worst thing they do offensively over the best thing...Wilson in space?

4th and 1 in the 4th...you have a 4th string center and you run behind him vs Poe? Really?

Last drive. Again, they go rhythm, prototypical passing game the absolute WEAKNESS of this team. They never, ever attempt a boot to give Russ a shot to get easy yards. No attempt, none.

The run game was there all game, but look up titles, Cable's the run game coordinator. That's to his credit. Bevell calls the worst games, situationally, I've seen in a long, long time. Nothing fits this teams strengths or heaven forbid what the defense is giving them.

I'm sick to my stomach.

When you're right, you're right. I didn't hate the 4th and short call at the time, but when you put it like that, I have to question it. I didn't even think of it.

My biggest problem with Bevell (or Wilson if it's his decision at the LOS) is why we do things like go empty on 3rd and short. I just don't get it. I REALLY want someone to explain that to me. It must be a situation where it makes it easier for RW to read the defense, but I just can't understand why you would take our best offensive player and either put him on the sideline, or at the very least take him out of the position in which he is the biggest threat. I don't care if he doesn't get he ball every 3rd and short, but WHY IN THE HELL is he not at least in the backfield, leaving the possibility of getting the ball.

And as you said, we call quick fade / quick corner routes on a 4th down. The fade is my all-time least favorite GL play in existence. What do you think the all-time success percentage is on the fade? 10%? I understand its a low risk play, but ITS FORTH DOWN!!! Argggh. Bevell just seems to turn into a pussy in short yardage. But he doesn't even seem to play off teams looking to stop the run, you know, with PA or zone read. There must be a reasonable explanation that these professionals understand that I don't.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":ylqxryuj said:

My take on this..It was a very hard fought game,sure there are plays we could and should have done different on offense ..It is tough with all the injuries but what can you do?To me this loss is on the Defense in the 1st half giving up easy running yards with the poor tackling..

hawknation2014

Reaction score
DavidSeven":20c9ixy0 said:

It wasn't just one play. This is an accumulation of frustration at ineptitude. Why so many empty sets against a team with quality edge rushers? Why not bring in Gilliam in a jumbo package to help as a blocker? Why the pathetic bubble screen check down option on 3rd downs? That 4th and goal was the straw that broke the camel's back.