I Refuse To Believe This Is Russell's Last Dance in SEA

Fade

Reaction score
Fade":2clwlja7 said:
Imagine picking Mike McCarthy over Aaron Rodgers.

I refuse to believe the Seahawks organization is that stupid.

Wilson is sitting there with 22 TDs and 5 INTs with a busted throwing hand. This is a down year for him. Pete will never find a QB better than Wilson's worst season.

So what's that tell you? Pete's ceiling is 7 wins without Wilson at best. Just about the amount of games he was winning before Wilson showed up.

Trade for Sean Payton from New Orleans, extend Russell Wilson (to show he's committed long term), use your $60M+ in cap space upcoming to build him the best offensive line in football, and start competing for Super Bowls again.

Or stick with Pete, watch him sign Mitch Tribusky or someone like that, and become the laughing stock of the football world. The choice isn't hard.

Oh, dear, GOD!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
So the Hawks should have dumped Pete and John... and also should have extended Russ at $50M/year.

[sarcasm] Yeah, that would have worked out real well. [/sarcasm]

The cupboard is bare and must be replenished by the draft. Trading Russ was the only reasonable path to potentially re-build an elite team. The Hawks have been on a slow death march. Trading Wilson was a must.

Aircrew

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":m4s5zbrm said:
So the Hawks should have dumped Pete and John... and also should have extended Russ at $50M/year.

The cupboard is bare and must be replenished by the draft. Trading Russ was the only reasonable path to potentially re-build an elite team. The Hawks have been on a slow death march. Trading Wilson was a must.

They never should have signed him to his 2nd contract.

James in PA

Reaction score
540c11d752a31c2e3afc6a35fbaed4d4

"Hey Seattle ..... we got a deal."

[emoji2961] [emoji849]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You never know, stranger things have happened.
Still extra entertaining how he's living rent free in so many people's heads. Good stuff.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1xhn28w8 said:
You never know, stranger things have happened.
Still extra entertaining how he's living rent free in so many people's heads. Good stuff.

Aside from temporarily residing in this thread - no rent free livin' here.

I saw the Bronco's pic with the new jersey. I'm good.

Bye bye Russ. The more it's in the rearview, the happier I am.

No more tail wagging the dog.

I have no interest at all in 'decoding' the divorce proceedings. Bye. Next man up.

W

Welshers

Aircrew[size=200 said:
":hc2isior]Wilson is gone and it is all his doing.[/size] Russ started the divorce last offseason, he's carefully chosen his words since then and all the while positioned himself to be traded to an immediate contender while looking like the good guy. I think if it were up to the team, they'd keep Russell because of all the reasons you listed, Aros. But, Wilson has been engineering this breakup for at least a year now and he's left Management with only one option. In my opinion, good riddance. Russell has become a primadonna and has always been a weak leader. I'd be willing to bet the team is dreading losing his on the field production, but can't wait to rid themselves of a selfish player. It's more than X's and O's when it comes to a lockerroom.
Trade Russell to preferrably an AFC team (Broncos) for as much as you can possibly get. Trade for Huntley or draft a QB. Hopefully the Hawks don't go into QB pergatory but we'll just have to wait and see. After all, it's just a game.

Wow. Kinda spooky. You called this to a tee.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Welshers":1vmhsefe said:
Aircrew[size=200 said:
":1vmhsefe]Wilson is gone and it is all his doing.[/size] Russ started the divorce last offseason, he's carefully chosen his words since then and all the while positioned himself to be traded to an immediate contender while looking like the good guy. I think if it were up to the team, they'd keep Russell because of all the reasons you listed, Aros. But, Wilson has been engineering this breakup for at least a year now and he's left Management with only one option. In my opinion, good riddance. Russell has become a primadonna and has always been a weak leader. I'd be willing to bet the team is dreading losing his on the field production, but can't wait to rid themselves of a selfish player. It's more than X's and O's when it comes to a lockerroom.
Trade Russell to preferrably an AFC team (Broncos) for as much as you can possibly get. Trade for Huntley or draft a QB. Hopefully the Hawks don't go into QB pergatory but we'll just have to wait and see. After all, it's just a game.

Exactly. It’s just a game. And Russ has wanted out. I believe a year after he got with his wife. Sorry but she did not like the northwest. And I believe the LOB broke his head. Calling him not black enough and he sucks. And I think he got with his wife because he wanted to prove his blankness or whatever.

So then he became a primadonna. Everyone on espn saying “let Russ cook”. And always blaming the team for his decisions.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For me, what says everything about this situation is simply Russ didn’t want to be here anymore. That’s the whole story.

The rest of this is pure speculation, perhaps he wants to try things his way and will cook, but Russ hero ball was jammed up with 2 high S coverages. He has always struggled with a short passing game, and w/o a running game was losing his ability to carry the team. Cooking in Denver won’t be as easy as some think, he’s not Peyton, but he can throw a beautiful accurate deep ball if the coverage lets him and the pass rush isn’t trapping him in the pocket. There he holds onto the ball often far too long. That said he can make magic happen and was brilliant while here. I believe that without a solid running game and a good D he’s a better than average QB, but with them he’s truly elite though DCs have figured out his escape routes so he takes a lot more sacks than he should. I will really miss him but he wanted out and was not ‘All In’. Your QB has to be All In.

It’s time to move forward, he’s gone and wanted to be gone.

Aircrew

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2amp2oun said:
For me, what says everything about this situation is simply Russ didn’t want to be here anymore. That’s the whole story.

The rest of this is pure speculation, perhaps he wants to try things his way and will cook, but Russ hero ball was jammed up with 2 high S coverages. He has always struggled with a short passing game, and w/o a running game was losing his ability to carry the team. Cooking in Denver won’t be as easy as some think, he’s not Peyton, but he can throw a beautiful accurate deep ball if the coverage lets him and the pass rush isn’t trapping him in the pocket. There he holds onto the ball often far too long. That said he can make magic happen and was brilliant while here. I believe that without a solid running game and a good D he’s a better than average QB, but with them he’s truly elite though DCs have figured out his escape routes so he takes a lot more sacks than he should. I will really miss him but he wanted out and was not ‘All In’. Your QB has to be All In.

It’s time to move forward, he’s gone and wanted to be gone.

Nail. On. The. Head.

The one thing I'll add: just wait until next year when Russ and Mark Rogers make the Broncos back up the Brinks truck for his next deal. 50+ million per year, just you wait. Then we'll all get to watch Denver's economically inevitable slide into above average mediocrity that the Seahawks have been enduring the last 4 to 5 years. Wild Card round: bounce. Wash, rinse, repeat. With good drafting, Pete and John should have the Hawks back in contention about that time. How sweet will that be.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Welshers":1h50etom said:
Aircrew[size=200 said:
":1h50etom]Wilson is gone and it is all his doing.[/size] Russ started the divorce last offseason, he's carefully chosen his words since then and all the while positioned himself to be traded to an immediate contender while looking like the good guy. I think if it were up to the team, they'd keep Russell because of all the reasons you listed, Aros. But, Wilson has been engineering this breakup for at least a year now and he's left Management with only one option. In my opinion, good riddance. Russell has become a primadonna and has always been a weak leader. I'd be willing to bet the team is dreading losing his on the field production, but can't wait to rid themselves of a selfish player. It's more than X's and O's when it comes to a lockerroom.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'd forgotten I posted this. It's funny, I saw this whole thing coming and it was all so obvious. Russ became a malcontent because he convinced himself that he's a Peyton Manning/Drew Brees/Tom Brady caliber quarterback, and he's not. Russ is a QB who can be great in a Seahawks style system, not when an offense is ran through him and designed around him. Be careful what you wish for, Russell.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I certainly was wrong in my assumption that Russell would still be here for the 2022 season but I underestimated how he truly no longer wished to be a Seahawk. He will always be one of my all-time favorite Seahawks and I wish him well AFTER this season (so we can maximize our second first round pick from Denver in the 2023 draft). I look forward to his Canton and Ring of Honor induction. Thanks for the memories Russ...It was an incredibly special gift for this Original 12. I'm quite aware I may never witness that level of success ever again in my lifetime.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
When I saw this thread pop up the other day I didnt see the date. I thought it was Aros saying Wilson would be back after his time in Denver....I was like let it go man lol.

toffee

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":hobfuf6w said:

Should have traded last off season, but glad that it's done.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

RedAlice

Reaction score
I agree and the part about RW's comments as of late are probably what the front office is flat out sick and tired of. I use to argue against the crowd that use to say Russ was a selfish player, but not anymore. I think he's turned into a locker room problem and it's hurting the team. Russ isn't an Alpha and it shows.

Russ was never an Alpha.

His desperation to be one shows through and through ... is why he listens to his chick.

RedAlice

Reaction score
btw, Stafford isn't an Alpha either.

Maybe wrong thread, but which successful QBs do you think are Alpha?