I still can't believe no one signed Tarvaris Jackson!

Msfann

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":3vuis26w said:
Wasn't there a game that was on the line and TJack threw the ball away on a 4th down?? I'm sure I'm not remembering it correctly.

Anyway, he is a good backup and that is about it at this point.

from http://mynorthwest.com/?sid=600625&nid=651 in 2011

"Supporters of Tarvaris Jackson have noted the quarterback's toughness, leadership and ability to effectively manage a game this season while arguably exceeding some of the expectations that came with his arrival in Seattle.

No one, however, would call the Seahawks quarterback clutch. Not with his inability to lead a game-winning drive this season.

Jackson took the brunt of the criticism (see Mike Salk's column) for the Seahawks' 19-17 loss to the 49ers on Saturday, and rightfully so. After all, his fourth-quarter fumble on the Seahawks' next-to-last possession ended their best shot at a comeback.

Tarvaris Jackson has struggled late in some of the Seahawks' close games, including their Week 12 loss to Washington. (AP)
That marked the third time this season Jackson and the Seahawks have come up empty on potential game-winning drives.

It happened against Atlanta in Week 4 (though in fairness to Jackson, a false start penalty on Sidney Rice complicated the team's efforts to kick a game-winning field goal). It happened in a six-point loss to Washington in Week 12 when Jackson was intercepted on Seattle's last possession.

It happened again on Saturday. Seattle got the ball back following Jackson's fumble, but his fourth-down pass sailed out of bounds, well over the head of tight end Zach Miller.

Coach Pete Carroll sees a common theme."

Msfann

Reaction score
Ugh maybe I shouldn't have posted that, it looks like he just got hurt :(

HansGruber

Reaction score
Ankle injury. Looked bad in person. Haven't seen the telecast yet so don't know how serious, but hopefully not too bad

rideaducati

Reaction score
peppersjap":146rerym said:
rideaducati":146rerym said:
DavidSeven":146rerym said:
All I will say is that I think we can agree that Tarvaris with a torn-pec is about 10 times the quarterback that Charlie Whitehurst is, and Whitehurst continues to make millions in this league as a primary back-up. I think we got a bargain.

TJack haters gonna hate.

Whitehurst would be MUCH better than Tarvaris if he had as many years in a system as Tarvaris has had. In Tennessee last season and in a system he is familiar with, Whitehurst looked better than I have ever seen Tarvaris look, with or without a torn pec. So, I guess I would NOT agree that Tarvaris is ten times better than Whitehurst. In fact, I think Whitehurst is better than Tarvaris.
Jackson has actually been a semi productive QB in the league, Whitehurst has been nothing more than terrible. It is very hard to believe that he still earns a paycheck. Charlie Whitehurst is probably the worst QB I have ever seen play the game!

Funny, Tarvaris is the WORST QB I have ever seen play. I'm sure you would say differently if you had actually seen Whitehurst play last season for the Titans because he played better than Tarvaris ever has.

peppersjap

Reaction score
rideaducati":26flvp2a said:
peppersjap":26flvp2a said:
rideaducati":26flvp2a said:
DavidSeven":26flvp2a said:
All I will say is that I think we can agree that Tarvaris with a torn-pec is about 10 times the quarterback that Charlie Whitehurst is, and Whitehurst continues to make millions in this league as a primary back-up. I think we got a bargain.

TJack haters gonna hate.

Whitehurst would be MUCH better than Tarvaris if he had as many years in a system as Tarvaris has had. In Tennessee last season and in a system he is familiar with, Whitehurst looked better than I have ever seen Tarvaris look, with or without a torn pec. So, I guess I would NOT agree that Tarvaris is ten times better than Whitehurst. In fact, I think Whitehurst is better than Tarvaris.
Jackson has actually been a semi productive QB in the league, Whitehurst has been nothing more than terrible. It is very hard to believe that he still earns a paycheck. Charlie Whitehurst is probably the worst QB I have ever seen play the game!

Funny, Tarvaris is the WORST QB I have ever seen play. I'm sure you would say differently if you had actually seen Whitehurst play last season for the Titans because he played better than Tarvaris ever has.
I have seen plenty of Clipboard Jesus play and he sucks, TJack has actually led a team to a close to 500 record. he is a very solid backup but Whitehurst is absolutely the worst........still shocked he can make a paycheck. If you somehow think I am a Tjack fan you are wrong, I just know he is better than clipboard Jesus!

rideaducati

Reaction score
peppersjap":2mrtfo27 said:
rideaducati":2mrtfo27 said:
peppersjap":2mrtfo27 said:
rideaducati":2mrtfo27 said:

I have seen plenty of Clipboard Jesus play and he sucks, TJack has actually led a team to a close to 500 record. he is a very solid backup but Whitehurst is absolutely the worst........still shocked he can make a paycheck. If you somehow think I am a Tjack fan you are wrong, I just know he is better than clipboard Jesus!

If anything, they suck equally. Tarvaris isn't better than anyone.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't trust anyone's judgement about QBs if they said Whitehurst was better than anyone.

Spounge84

Reaction score
rideaducati":3f2uagg6 said:

You say stuff like this and you wonder why people won't take you seriously. By no objective means is Whitehurst at all better than Jackson. Nor is Jackson anywhere close to the worst QB you have ever seen play (unless you've watched maybe 5 games of football).

rideaducati

Reaction score
Spounge84":dc7h6yo2 said:
rideaducati":dc7h6yo2 said:

You say stuff like this and you wonder why people won't take you seriously. By no objective means is Whitehurst at all better than Jackson. Nor is Jackson anywhere close to the worst QB you have ever seen play (unless you've watched maybe 5 games of football).

Maybe it's YOUR QB evaluating skills that are wrong. Tarvaris is not better than any QB I have seen play. He was .500 with a decent team around him and I believe ANY replacement for him would have done at least as good but probably better. Tarvaris is the ONLY QB I have EVER seen throw a ball away on fourth down late in a game down by less than a touchdown. Even the supposed worst QB ever would have at least TRIED to make a play, but not Tarvaris Jackson. Can you find me another QB that incorporates a "jump pass"? I have only seen that taught in basketball. Maybe Tarvaris doesn't know the difference between the two sports. I can't find a player or coach that has ever taught it or a player that has tried to utilize it with the regularity that Tarvaris does. It doesn't work, yet Tarvaris does it after all the years.

Believe what you will, as will I. Tarvaris was good enough to have four QBs start in front of him in Buffalo. How freaking good is he if they had some guy named Tuel start in front of him? Yeah, that Tuel guy was considered better than Tarvaris by an actual NFL organization, but I'm supposed to defer to YOUR QB evaluation...yeah right.

If the Seahawks lose Russell for an extended amount of time, I have no doubt that Tarvaris would become the backup to the guy they bring in off the street within two games.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rideaducati":4423x19v said:
Believe what you will, as will I. Tarvaris was good enough to have four QBs start in front of him in Buffalo. How freaking good is he if they had some guy named Tuel start in front of him? Yeah, that Tuel guy was considered better than Tarvaris by an actual NFL organization, but I'm supposed to defer to YOUR QB evaluation...yeah right.

Good call since you know Buffalo is the cornerstone of NFL QB development :lol:

The Bills also put Marshawn Lynch behind CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson. Guess that means he sucks.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":29wd9c5c said:
rideaducati":29wd9c5c said:

The Bills also put Marshawn Lynch behind CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson. Guess that means he sucks.

Marshawn was having off field issues and neither Spiller or Fred Jackson are slouches. I'm sure that if the Bills didn't have capable players behind Lynch, Lynch would have been starting.

Tarvaris Jackson shouldn't need development at this stage in his career, but the development he has wasn't even good enough to make him as good as an undrafted rookie. The Bills KNOW bad QBs. They have had their fair share of them pass through their organization. Tarvaris is just another name added to that growing list. The Bills are very good at getting rid of bad QBs too.

canfan

Reaction score
rideaducati":2yndt6wl said:
DavidSeven":2yndt6wl said:

TJack haters gonna hate.

I don't agree. TJack wants to get on the field and play football. Whitehurst is happier making money while having a great seat for the game. As far as Whitehurst last year in Tennessee, I saw what we always see - a couple of beautifully thrown deep balls early, followed by absolutely nothing for most of the game. I never saw a guy less enthusiastic about getting hit that has played at that level. One good shot to the chops and all Clipboard Jesus is good for is "chuck and duck". Whitehurst may have better talent, but he's got absolutely no heart.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rideaducati":1fx6jg54 said:
Hasselbeck":1fx6jg54 said:
rideaducati":1fx6jg54 said:

Marshawn was having off field issues and neither Spiller or Fred Jackson are slouches. I'm sure that if the Bills didn't have capable players behind Lynch, Lynch would have been starting.

Tarvaris Jackson shouldn't need development at this stage in his career, but the development he has wasn't even good enough to make him as good as an undrafted rookie. The Bills KNOW bad QBs. They have had their fair share of them pass through their organization. Tarvaris is just another name added to that growing list. The Bills are very good at getting rid of bad QBs too.

Your basis for Tarvaris being terrible was literally his depth chart ranking on the Bills.

Arguably the best RB in football now was also buried on the depth chart by the Bills.

Sometimes players are better on one team than they would be another. No one is saying Jackson would be a good starter, but as a backup that could steal a game or two in the event of injury.. he fits the (no pun intended) bill.

Whitehurst is absolute garbage. Never has he shown an ability to even be a decent back-up. And no, his Week 17 game against the Rams was not a good start.

rideaducati

Reaction score
canfan":vlhlxz9z said:
rideaducati":vlhlxz9z said:
DavidSeven":vlhlxz9z said:
All I will say is that I think we can agree that Tarvaris with a torn-pec is about 10 times the quarterback that Charlie Whitehurst is, and Whitehurst continues to make millions in this lisague as a primary back-up. I think we got a bargain.

TJack haters gonna hate.

I don't agree. TJack wants to get on the field and play football. Whitehurst is happier making money while having a great seat for the game. As far as Whitehurst last year in Tennessee, I saw what we always see - a couple of beautifully thrown deep balls early, followed by absolutely nothing for most of the game. I never saw a guy less enthusiastic about getting hit that has played at that level. One good shot to the chops and all Clipboard Jesus is good for is "chuck and duck". Whitehurst may have better talent, but he's got absolutely no heart.

I guess I would choose "chuck and duck" over "I'm thinking........................................I'm thinking.......................................I'm thinking......................................sack". Just my opinion. In one case, there is at least a chance for a completion to be made.