I think it's time to churn the team a bit. (My opinion 100%)

edogg23

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1ecvy2di said:
edogg23":1ecvy2di said:
Unless we win the Super Bowl fire Bevell, fire Cable, get Russell to work on his lost speed in the offseason.
Spoken (written) like a true Millenial.
We barely beat a 2-14 49ers when the D gifted us 2 turnovers in scoring range.
We are not very good right now and in my opinion a lot of it is play calling and offensive line play/coaching.
I'm not even close in age to a Millennial, I am just willing to accept what I see.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Well, a graphic shown today stated that the Hawks are the 10th youngest team in the league. To me that implies the churn or turnover is still in effect. Problem is, very few of our youngsters are capable, at this time, of being real contributors to success.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGA":plmkdfam said:
Siouxhawk":plmkdfam said:
You are usually a poster I enjoy reading, but I wholeheartedly disagree.
But I am one who believes continuity is of utmost importance and a good staff can figure out what the deficiencies are.
WIth all the turnover in coaching staffs around the league (I think we're up to 5 now and counting?), I think it's possible that your churning could happen by default and one of coordinators or head assistant coach gets a main gig.
But let's take care of business first and see how this plays out.

I think I could get behind your "Bevell is fine" schtick if you would at least acknowledge something isn't working. I don't think it would take much for the Fire Bevell people to become Fire Cable people. In fact, I think it is largely happening already. But clearly something isn't working on offense.
Fire both, problem solved. 8)

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
edogg23":2rs8lmmy said:
Siouxhawk":2rs8lmmy said:
edogg23":2rs8lmmy said:
Unless we win the Super Bowl fire Bevell, fire Cable, get Russell to work on his lost speed in the offseason.
We are not very good right now and in my opinion a lot of it is play calling and offensive line play/coaching.
I'm not even close in age to a Millennial, I am just willing to accept what I see.
You see what you want. I see a 10-win team that is playing a home playoff game next week. That doesn't happen with smoke and mirrors. And it's funny that an organization akin to your strategy is the 49ers, who will dismiss a coach after one season. Brilliant.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Replacing Bevell, Cable and Richards all at the same time *could* result in a better team in the future, but it would be crazy to fire all of them on the same off season. I would be amazed if we had a winning record at that rate. I would like Bevell gone though :lol:

RussB

Reaction score
I think bevell and cable need to go without question. Significant changes need to be made on the offensive line.They cant just pay all the defensive players anymore trying to keep as many of them as they can. If they have to let someone go to invest in multiple offensive lineman thats waht they should do.

Every offensive coach should be fired along with that and also some of the defensive coaches. Team needs a fresh start.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":38dnnkrp said:
edogg23":38dnnkrp said:

If you are going to mock millennial's at least do it right.

A millennial would be happy with just having a football season with his friends and would not want to keep score because it would hurt the other team's feelings. Every team would get a trophy for playing in the NFL.

Having a high standard of winning the Superbowl is very anti-millennial.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":9e5ekbkr said:
Siouxhawk":9e5ekbkr said:
edogg23":9e5ekbkr said:

A millennial would be happy with just having a football season with his friends and would not want to keep score because it would hurt the other team's feelings. Every team would get a trophy for playing in the NFL.

Millennials never gave themselves participation trophies, their Baby Boomer parents did that. And Millennials threw them out when said parents weren't looking.

sdog1981

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3tms7n0x said:
sdog1981":3tms7n0x said:
Siouxhawk":3tms7n0x said:
edogg23":3tms7n0x said:

Millennials never gave themselves participation trophies, their Baby Boomer parents did that. And Millennials threw them out when said parents weren't looking.

Your killing me man. I am laughing so hard.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":3ix6hovd said:
Siouxhawk":3ix6hovd said:
edogg23":3ix6hovd said:

My take is that a millenial is superfluous to any outside factors around him/her and feels entitled to the blue ribbon prize without having to actually put much work toward it. I thought that may have addressed the circumstance. But what do I know, I'm just a baby boomer who appreciates hard and diligent work and rewards of suich endeavors.

chris98251

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":j7mxj8mm said:
sdog1981":j7mxj8mm said:
Siouxhawk":j7mxj8mm said:
edogg23":j7mxj8mm said:

Wrong, Baby Boomers would have spent the money on themselves and let the baby sitter buy the trophy for the latchkey millennials.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2u3fc0hd said:
nwHawk":2u3fc0hd said:
Much to our disappointment, this feels like a rebuilding year.

10 wins is a helluva rebuilding year

10 wins for a fifth straight year, each one of them with just a reasonable amount of turnover.

If the system ain't broke...

hawker84

Reaction score
edogg23":2xww0d7s said:
Siouxhawk":2xww0d7s said:
edogg23":2xww0d7s said:

Dude don't waste your time. Some people will never understand how some folks opinions actually differ from theirs, and why that's actually allowed and encouraged around here.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":fwfpsa5n said:
edogg23":fwfpsa5n said:
Siouxhawk":fwfpsa5n said:
edogg23":fwfpsa5n said:
You see what you want. I see a 10-win team that is playing a home playoff game next week. That doesn't happen with smoke and mirrors. And it's funny that an organization akin to your strategy is the 49ers, who will dismiss a coach after one season. Brilliant.

None of this could be due to the following? The Seahawks have 3 hall of fame players in their entire history (that they earned in Seattle). Right now, we have six (RW, Jimmy, ET, Kam, Sherman, Wagner, Mike B) players that if they continue at current pace, could have a legit shot--more if we add back players that are capable in years coming. (KJ, Cliff, Frank, ADB,etc) My point is, when you put that many amazing players on one team, even a modest coaching staff could luck their way into 8-8 or close to it. The players are just too good to not win some games arbitrarily. Imagine what Palpatine would do with this roster. At some point, you have to look at the schemes. We never play to win outright without doubts. We often play not to lose. There is no sense for the score and no premium placed on points. You need to bury teams with inferior talent in the event that something catastrophic happens-like an key injury or turnover on your own side of the field. It's okay for fans to be tired of it, and that shit doesn't come from the players. They want to to paste the other teams.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3soaxbtf said:
edogg23":3soaxbtf said:
Siouxhawk":3soaxbtf said:
edogg23":3soaxbtf said:

None of this could be due to the following? The Seahawks have 3 hall of fame players in their entire history (that they earned in Seattle). Right now, we have six (RW, Jimmy, ET, Kam, Sherman, Wagner, Mike B) players that if they continue at current pace, could have a legit shot--more if we add back players that are capable in years coming. (KJ, Cliff, Frank, ADB,etc) My point is, when you put that many amazing players on one team, even a modest coaching staff could luck their way into 8-8 or close to it. The players are just too good to not win some games arbitrarily. Imagine what Palpatine would do with this roster. At some point, you have to look at the schemes. We never play to win outright without doubts. We often play not to lose. There is no sense for the score and no premium placed on points. You need to bury teams with inferior talent in the event that something catastrophic happens-like an key injury or turnover on your own side of the field. It's okay for fans to be tired of it, and that shit doesn't come from the players. They want to to paste the other teams.
The trouble I have with your argument is that it's just possible that these future potential Hall of Fame players you speak of are blossoming because of the coaching they are receiving. It's reciprocal.
And I like our team to win by a blowout as much as you and I too hate prevent defenses. But heck, we do win about 68 percent of our games (over the last 5 years), so there must be something to this madness.

NJlargent

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2p0mf36w said:
I mostly agree, but rather than cleaning house, I think firing Bevell and Cable would send a message to the rest of the organization that, if you don't meet the organization's high expectations, you will be held accountable.

Not to invoke the specter of XLIX, but I think no one taking the fall for that loss really cast a shadow over this team. Maybe firing Bevell then would have been unfair, but it would have been a symbolic gesture that we do not tolerate losses like that in Seattle.

Instead, no one got hung, and it showed the team that the coaches are above the law. I think the players have made their feelings on the matter clear.

tl;dr: someone needs to get axed, even as a gesture.

100% agree.

One and done in playoffs and someone needs to get tossed. If not Bevell and/or Cable then we need to move on from the players carrying a chip on their shoulder because we cannot have players giving the finger to coaches and fighting on sidelines.

I said Bevell should have been fired the day after the Super Bowl because even if it's a bad decision it simply had to be made. We didn't do anything and now players are giving the finger and an organization that should have won a couple of owls is crumbling.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
The trouble that I have with your argument, is that you're notallowing for the possibility of coaching being a problem. But whatever. If you're that set on it, far get it from me to continue the debate with ya.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":1se6l7f2 said:
The trouble that I have with your argument, is that you're notallowing for the possibility of coaching being a problem. But whatever. If you're that set on it, far get it from me to continue the debate with ya.
Yes, we have differing opinions. If we were the Browns, Bears or even an inconsistent team like the Redskins I'd be weary. But we are one of the elite teams in the league right now, so no, I don't see the kind of problems you must be identifying.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I knew the second a thread started that was critical of the coaches, especially Bevell, that Siouxhawk was going to show up to defend EVERY SINGLE INCH of "turf" via deflect, deflect, deflect, deny, deny, deny.

When this team goes one and done in the playoffs, or squeaks out a win only to be blown out in the second round, the OP will be vindicated.

What the OP is proposing is not unprecedented. The Broncos lost the Super Bowl, the Super Bowl and fired their head coach. Seattle can easily fire a handful of coordinators and make improve the next year.

Again, this team is not coached for a deep playoff run and when they get bounced, it will be time for heads to roll.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NJlargent":1dsxrmrs said:
WindCityHawk":1dsxrmrs said:
I mostly agree, but rather than cleaning house, I think firing Bevell and Cable would send a message to the rest of the organization that, if you don't meet the organization's high expectations, you will be held accountable.

Not to invoke the specter of XLIX, but I think no one taking the fall for that loss really cast a shadow over this team. Maybe firing Bevell then would have been unfair, but it would have been a symbolic gesture that we do not tolerate losses like that in Seattle.

Instead, no one got hung, and it showed the team that the coaches are above the law. I think the players have made their feelings on the matter clear.

tl;dr: someone needs to get axed, even as a gesture.

100% agree.

One and done in playoffs and someone needs to get tossed. If not Bevell and/or Cable then we need to move on from the players carrying a chip on their shoulder because we cannot have players giving the finger to coaches and fighting on sidelines.

I said Bevell should have been fired the day after the Super Bowl because even if it's a bad decision it simply had to be made. We didn't do anything and now players are giving the finger and an organization that should have won a couple of owls is crumbling.
To steal a line from the webzone of all places..... if we are one and done "we'll probably just fire Joan from Accounting".

Latest posts