I think Split-backs is the answer

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Waldron should have tons of split back stuff in his offense to employ, perhaps another wrinkle with Dissly back there as well.

That along with 12 and 13 personnel, as discussed.

Keep it simple, run what works.

Zach clearly has better physicality and is much more sound in pass pro, Ken is having a hard time finding holes as of late, Zach and Will are good lead blockers.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think that's the only way we'll get to a point of "making hay" even when they know we're running.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Split-back formation: The runners are aligned behind the two guards about 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Splitback form

"Teams use this formation because it’s difficult for the defense to gauge whether the offense is running or passing. With split backs, the backfield is balanced and not aligned toward one side or the other, making it more difficult for the defense to anticipate what the play will be. This formation may be a better passing formation because the backs can swing out of the backfield to either side as receivers."

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Waldron should have tons of split back stuff in his offense to employ, perhaps another wrinkle with Dissly back there as well.

Zach clearly has better physicality and is much more sound in pass pro, Ken is having a hard time finding holes as of late, Zach and Will are good lead blockers.
OMG. 1000X YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LTH

Reaction score

Yeah, split backs is an area that I have been looking forward to seeing... now that McIntosh is back I'm wondering if they will work on that concept. Especially in the passing game.... getting those backs in space... that is exciting to me.

LTH

JPatera76

Reaction score
Dang, now people think Charbs should start over K9, and Bobo should start over DK.

Screw that, let them BOTH be in the backfield.

Yup but for K9 and Charbs I’d say there’s some good reasoning. Especially since K9 even last yr… was abysmal in Pass protection. So much Geno in game ripped him a new one.

Meanwhile Charbs for example almost put Garret on his ass if it wasn’t for one of
Linemen being there for him to bounce off. Charbs has looks farm more complete.

No ones hating on Walker either, but Charbs being the bruiser back would be best to wear the defense down to open it up for Walker.

The other way around with Walker dancing and stuttering constantly doesn’t wear any defense down. Dude uses more energy and effort to gain a yard or two after dancing around then Charbs just lowering the pads to knock a little wind out of the Dline.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
It's also a sneaky way to get two TE's on the field and then is almost like going 5-wide but all the beef is around the qb for pass pro

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
From my understanding Pete wants K9 to run up the middle, so he does what Pete wants and runs up the middle. K9 is dangerous when he’s able to run to the outside, with Bobo blocking K9 could probably do pretty well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, it just feels like there always that fascination with putting someone else in. K9 and DK are better than Charb and Bobo.
And there's no reason they all can't be contributing. And I expect them all to.
Shoot, I like the idea of fresh legs in the backfield, let them both get a bunch of carries. Just my own opinion, but there seems to be a player vs. player created every year by a lot of fans. These guys are TEAMMATES, and they are tight and they push each other.

Seahawker

Reaction score
This sounds like a good idea and would open up a lot of options while taking some pressure off Geno.
What offensive player looks like they've started to hit their stride at this point in the season?

morgulon1

Reaction score

Start with Charbonett to wear down the opponent and then bring in KWIII to break their will. Maybe McIntosh can give them some juice. They won't win if they can't run.
Geno Smith isn't going to have a good chance otherwise. Waldron doesn't call quick hitting plays for some reason. He seems stuck in Oakland Raiders Cliff Branch fantasy land .

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Inside outside game with Ken and Zach would in theory work as well, defense moves laterally and every once in awhile we run the outside action but it's a dive up the middle with Zach.

keasley45

Reaction score
Dang, now people think Charbs should start over K9, and Bobo should start over DK.

Bro,

Even analysts are saying Charbs should be used early in games rather than late or sparingly at all. It's not a starter v 2nd string argument. It's a question of which tool is best suited to deliver the results. I saw someone stated in a video that KW3 had the highest rate of runs bounced outside whether their was a hole where it was supposed to be or not . That can't be when you're bouncing outside around... wait for it... backups at Tackle. Oh, our running game isnt working. Surprise! To no one.

The kw3 v charbs argument is shaoing up just like penny v Carter. Where penny would come in sparingly and take one to the house, but was feast or famine and often tackled for a loss, Carter got you yards whether the blocking was there or not.

We are in the same boat again, but we are leading with the guy who doesn't want to get the inside yards and just hit the hole. And our Beast Mode Jr is on the bench watching.

And the pass pro piece is HUGE. Walker has yet to show an ability to pick up key protections. Geno chewed into him last year because of it.

It's beyond time to apply some logic to the run game. Give charbs the early carries and have walker kill the defense when it's winded.

If at the end of the game, one has 14 carries and the other , 13, is that a slight to the guy who has fewer?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score

Could we look at starting Charbonnet over K9 as more strategy than prowess???

Hear me out: Charbonnet, start him, so he can battering ram and “tire out” a defensive line for 2 or 3 quarters or so and when the defensive line is winded, you insert K9 (with his speed) as the finisher??!

Since the thought is the defensive line will exert all their energy tackling Charbonnet, they wouldn’t have the full energy to run with K9’s speed and cuts….

I think if we can rationalize as more so “strategy” we can do something.

But, you gotta do something different to get different results…we can’t expect for things to change if we keep things the same.

I think this 1-2 punch, strategized and used effectively, can be a tremendous weapon for Seattle but it’s not been used correctly thus far…

Just my thought….

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
If they go split backs they should make it their offense. The creepy thing is it would be like you had money lynch back there divided perfectly into two backs.

edit: new tablet sry

cymatica

Reaction score
Bro,

Even analysts are saying Charbs should be used early in games rather than late or sparingly at all. It's not a starter v 2nd string argument. It's a question of which tool is best suited to deliver the results. I saw someone stated in a video that KW3 had the highest rate of runs bounced outside whether their was a hole where it was supposed to be or not . That can't be when you're bouncing outside around... wait for it... backups at Tackle. Oh, our running game isnt working. Surprise! To no one.

Yep. I think it was 1 in 4 runs he bounces outside instead of hitting the intended hole, leading the league.

Seahawker

Reaction score
The veer with a pitch option.
This is what the Colts should run with Richardson.

Latest posts