I think Split-backs is the answer

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
KW has a sore shoulder, he took a nice ET style shoulder to shoulder a few weeks ago. I'll go find it if I have time.

GemCity

Reaction score
This is a great formation at the youth level and middle school. I feel like it wouldn’t work as well at the professional level.

Essentially, with perfect blocking on the O-line, you’re still going to end up with a 1 v 1 of the fullback vs a LB.

Zach may be capable….

renofox

Reaction score
Maybe with a FB and a HB? Lynch had lots of success with it.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This is a great formation at the youth level and middle school. I feel like it wouldn’t work as well at the professional level.

Essentially, with perfect blocking on the O-line, you’re still going to end up with a 1 v 1 of the fullback vs a LB.

Zach may be capable….
I was going to mention it is absolutely collegiate.... like the nfl these days.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I forget which game I saw this but I loved the play at the goal area..
it started with big formation,QB under and a big RB with an OL lined
up in front of RB but both were a little further back than normal.
the OL took off full blast at snap and nobody was stopping him while
the RB takes the hand off goes to the opposite side of OL crashing the
D.It was an easy TD and so simple..Loved the call and wish we had this
creative OC.

sutz

Reaction score
Every formation has its strengths and weaknesses. Youth football usually only has a couple of base formations to keep it simple. It gets more complicated as the players age and gain experience. Pro teams need to have a variety of choices when it comes to formations and personnel packages in order to keep the D off balance if they can.

But you have to have success and make first downs so that you can use all those options on offense. If you have more punts than first downs in a given game, you're not gonna have much of a chance to get very creative.

toffee

Reaction score
Split-back formation: The runners are aligned behind the two guards about 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

"Teams use this formation because it’s difficult for the defense to gauge whether the offense is running or passing. With split backs, the backfield is balanced and not aligned toward one side or the other, making it more difficult for the defense to anticipate what the play will be. This formation may be a better passing formation because the backs can swing out of the backfield to either side as receivers."

jsn needs more snaps?

toffee

Reaction score
Bro,

Even analysts are saying Charbs should be used early in games rather than late or sparingly at all. It's not a starter v 2nd string argument. It's a question of which tool is best suited to deliver the results. I saw someone stated in a video that KW3 had the highest rate of runs bounced outside whether their was a hole where it was supposed to be or not . That can't be when you're bouncing outside around... wait for it... backups at Tackle. Oh, our running game isnt working. Surprise! To no one.

The kw3 v charbs argument is shaoing up just like penny v Carter. Where penny would come in sparingly and take one to the house, but was feast or famine and often tackled for a loss, Carter got you yards whether the blocking was there or not.

We are in the same boat again, but we are leading with the guy who doesn't want to get the inside yards and just hit the hole. And our Beast Mode Jr is on the bench watching.

And the pass pro piece is HUGE. Walker has yet to show an ability to pick up key protections. Geno chewed into him last year because of it.

It's beyond time to apply some logic to the run game. Give charbs the early carries and have walker kill the defense when it's winded.

If at the end of the game, one has 14 carries and the other , 13, is that a slight to the guy who has fewer?
this

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Put me in coach! Cmon Pete even dumb fans get good ideas sometimes. Split backs was the answer.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The difference might be in receiving. They both have 23 targets with K9 catching 17 to Charbs 19 but k9 avg 10.2 per compared to 4.8 for Charbs.