I think the Oline did better today...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Jerhawk":22zuqcz9 said:
SeatownJay":22zuqcz9 said:
Wilson was getting rid of the ball quicker than normal today, which helped the line.

This. He wasn't scrambling nearly as often as he has this season. Better looking route concepts and splitting graham out wide frequently was also a factor.

Exactly.

The o-line is bad. But good QB play can help negate that.

Wilson had been making the problem worse.

Today he got the ball out quick. FINALLY.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
DeeHawks":2bhaxj2w said:
They seemed a little better this game, but Wilson was better too.
At least Sweezy didn't appear to have grass stains all over the BACK of his uniform like last game...lol

That'll happen when you're wearing navy blue and playing on artificial turf.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Garry_Gilliam/status/660986405913427968[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/660986184370249728[/tweet]

Smellyman

Reaction score
randomation":3tdeufw8 said:
Did you guys watch a different game? Russ was hit or hurried on 50% of his dropbacks not to mention the greg hardy to the QB play. It was utter trash as usually just Russ got the ball out just in time for the most part.

to be fair, it went from horeendous to really bad today. That makes it SEEM better than it was.

It was lousy

evergreen

Reaction score
No drop off without Okung. Hmmm.... Yeah our eyes weren't lying. He's not as Rick solid as some believe. Why does Russell miss all those throws he used to make. He must need to run a little to get his mojo goin.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":usl48978 said:
DeeHawks":usl48978 said:
.....At least Sweezy didn't appear to have grass stains all over the BACK of his uniform like last game...lol
Field turf

:D
Yeah, I knew that....lol

Let me rephrase : At least Sweezy didn't spend as much time on his back as he did last game...!!

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":28xl8prf said:
DeeHawks":28xl8prf said:
.....At least Sweezy didn't appear to have grass stains all over the BACK of his uniform like last game...lol
Field turf

:D

He is the master of jumping on a pile after the play. Makes it look like he is hustling. His guy is usually making the tackle though. :)

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/661015420393033728[/tweet]

Seafan

Reaction score
SeatownJay":g9l22bet said:
Wilson was getting rid of the ball quicker than normal today, which helped the line.

I don't know if that is play calling or coaching emphasis or what. It needed to happen starting in week one. Russell, the OL and Bevell aren't good enough to try to run plays will RW standing in the pocket surveying the field all day. Russ is responsible for A LOT of his sacks. Granted this OL isn't a good pass blocking line but RW is too talented to just stand there and wait for the collapse. His timing is really off this season with his passing. He is missing too many open receivers. I want to be happy about the progress in the "protection" but I think we have a long way to get to an average passing attack and without it the offense can only get 3 points in the last 2 quarters which won't be enough to be a competitive team. We face tougher defenses starting with our next game.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Seafan":27g6ea6o said:
SeatownJay":27g6ea6o said:

I don't know if that is play calling or coaching emphasis or what. It needed to happen starting in week one. Russell, the OL and Bevell aren't good enough to try to run plays will RW standing in the pocket surveying the field all day. Russ is responsible for A LOT of his sacks. Granted this OL isn't a good pass blocking line but RW is too talented to just stand there and wait for the collapse. His timing is really off this season with his passing. He is missing too many open receivers. I want to be happy about the progress in the "protection" but I think we have a long way to get to an average passing attack and without it the offense can only get 3 points in the last 2 quarters which won't be enough to be a competitive team. We face tougher defenses starting with our next game.

I honestly don't think Arizona's defense is that much better than Dallas. And we get that one at HOME.

I saw a lot of progression from the offense today. I know that seems silly when they only put up 13 points and lacked big play punch, but they are starting to introduce some scheme changes that are helping. And the line IS getting better.

idahohawk

Reaction score
kearly":3hlz887e said:
I chalk this one up to just being a weird day. Fluke INT, blocked FG, one of the two RZ trips being in an ultra conservative game situation. Both teams ran well which shortened the game. Some drops. Weird game. Just glad Seattle snuck out with a win.

Still hate the 3rd and manageable deep passes, but I agree with you. Tough road win against a talented, desperate opponent. Take the W and run.

Jville

Reaction score
And there was this player specific note .........

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/661075703870304257[/tweet]