I think the Seahawks are going to trade Wilson.

rcaido

Reaction score
ducks41468":23q1orxv said:
HD48":23q1orxv said:
bevellisthedevil":23q1orxv said:
Just a gut feeling. I am probably 100% wrong.

I don't think that Wilson will make it public that he's unhappy with the current management and coaching. I believe that Carroll and Schneider are wanting a complete rebuild and one reason John was extended. I don't think it will ever be public on either side. I just think it will happen before the draft.

Am I the only one with this feeling?

Thoughts?

If Pete want's to go run heavy nothing BUT trading Russ would make sense.
You have 35M tied up at QB, you dont have a top 10 O-Line and not a top-tier RB.
If they want a total rebuild, Trade Russ for draft capital and cap space and then build a team that suits what you wanna do. Right now this roster is all over the place

If the plan is truly to reign things in and go back to "pound da rawk" then it really doesn't make any sense to keep Russ. If you're just looking for a guy to throw for 150-200 yards and a TD here and there Minshew could easily do that, with the same number of turnovers and sacks. It's not like Wilson has ever put up crazy efficiency numbers when given fewer pass attempts and a vanilla playbook (after all, good QB's generally get better with more volume, not the inverse relationship), as we saw in the last half of the season.

LOL, do you even watch Wilson? Wilson is considered one of the most efficient QB of all time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't take anyone serious who thinks this team would be just find with Minshew, instead of one of the best QB's we have ever seen. But, creating stuff that isn't close to accurate is kind of the thing when it comes to Russ.
Be careful what you wish for, because when he's gone, it's gonna' be ugly.

Meh,
Go Hawks

rcaido

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1yqajzt3 said:
bevellisthedevil":1yqajzt3 said:

I don't think that Wilson will make it public that he's unhappy with the current management and coaching. I believe that Carroll and Schneider are wanting a complete rebuild and one reason John was extended. I don't think it will ever be public on either side. I just think it will happen before the draft.

Thoughts?

If Pete is going to run the gameplan his way, the team he needs to make it happen cannot happen with Russ' salary. Petes way can win a SB (and get there) we already saw it, but people fail to realize RW was on a rookie contract and there was 30+M of money that the Seahawks were able to use to have a better O-line, Defense, RB, etc. etc. the stuff people are complaining about right now as the reason for the weakness. Drafting is a crap shoot, you're lucky to get half of them to be starting caliber and maybe one pro bowl player a year (if that). If Pete is who the Seahawks org is going forward with and we as fans want to see this team legitimately COMPETE (NFCCG or bust)...RW and his salary has to go. If Russ was being paid like an average QB and not a top 3 QB...this is not a question. But as of now he's paid as a top 3 QB, and either a) he can't consistently perform like one or b) he can consistently perform as one, but Pete refuses to use him as one...so this is where we are. BTW I've been writing this same stuff for at least a few years now. This isn't an overreaction to another playoff loss, this is a how many times are you gonna burn your hand on the stove until you finally stop putting your hand on the stove.

I mean look at the Patriots, they got 1million ex MVP QB and they couldn't get things done...This is the Patriots considered the best team past decade and GOAT coach, yet they couldn't make the playoffs...

The team went 12-4, we ended up signing Irvin, Dumbar, Dorsett, & Olson...It did not work due to injuries, that is about 18million right there.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
rcaido":tlzznlo5 said:
ZagHawk":tlzznlo5 said:
bevellisthedevil":tlzznlo5 said:

Thoughts?

If Pete is going to run the gameplan his way, the team he needs to make it happen cannot happen with Russ' salary. Petes way can win a SB (and get there) we already saw it, but people fail to realize RW was on a rookie contract and there was 30+M of money that the Seahawks were able to use to have a better O-line, Defense, RB, etc. etc. the stuff people are complaining about right now as the reason for the weakness. Drafting is a crap shoot, you're lucky to get half of them to be starting caliber and maybe one pro bowl player a year (if that). If Pete is who the Seahawks org is going forward with and we as fans want to see this team legitimately COMPETE (NFCCG or bust)...RW and his salary has to go. If Russ was being paid like an average QB and not a top 3 QB...this is not a question. But as of now he's paid as a top 3 QB, and either a) he can't consistently perform like one or b) he can consistently perform as one, but Pete refuses to use him as one...so this is where we are. BTW I've been writing this same stuff for at least a few years now. This isn't an overreaction to another playoff loss, this is a how many times are you gonna burn your hand on the stove until you finally stop putting your hand on the stove.

I mean look at the Patriots, they got 1million ex MVP QB and they couldn't get things done...This is the Patriots considered the best team past decade and GOAT coach, yet they couldn't make the playoffs...

The team went 12-4, we ended up signing Irvin, Dumbar, Dorsett, & Olson...It did not work due to injuries, that is about 18million right there.

You know the Patriots lost like 9 starters before the season even started right? I think it's actually pretty admirable what they did given that handicap to begin the season. If the Hawks lost 9 starters to start this season, including losing a talent like TB12 who is better than RW for Cam...the Hawks would have faired way worse than the Patriots. Are you seriously trying to make the case like Pete is a better coach than BB because of 2020 results? I hope not. I despise the Patriots as much as anyone, but you gotta recognize greatness when you see it.

John63

Reaction score
ZagHawk":upcpg51q said:
rcaido":upcpg51q said:
ZagHawk":upcpg51q said:
bevellisthedevil":upcpg51q said:

Thoughts?

You know the Patriots lost like 9 starters before the season even started right? I think it's actually pretty admirable what they did given that handicap to begin the season. If the Hawks lost 9 starters to start this season, including losing a talent like TB12 who is better than RW for Cam...the Hawks would have faired way worse than the Patriots. Are you seriously trying to make the case like Pete is a better coach than BB because of 2020 results? I hope not. I despise the Patriots as much as anyone, but you gotta recognize greatness when you see it.

Ahh you realize we lost 5 starters for periods and look what we did? in years past we had lost 9 starters and still made the playoffs with a winning record.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
We just finished a season at 12-4 Division winners of the toughest division in the NFC. Yes we had a bad playoff game, but we did accomplish a lot of good things just winning the division.

So either Russ is good or Pete is good or both. You can't say Pete is a dinosaur and Russ is mediocre and be right. No one wins the NFC West with bad coaching and bad QB'ing.

So FIre Pete. Trade Russ BS is ridiculous and tiresome.

Russ is a franchise level QB. 9 straight winning seasons. 2 SB appearances, 1 victory. Career numbers amongst the best of all time. You don't dump those guys for picks.

Pete also is a HoF worthy coach with a proven track record. Master motivator and runs a program that gets a lot of kudos league wide (which results in getting a good number of FA's and UDFA's wanting to come here).

They are both worth keeping. What we lack is innovation and gameplan expertise. So getting the coordinators right is crucial to help both these guys succeed at what they are weakest at.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Trading Wilson would destroy us cap wise...........In terms of salary cap impact, a trade is essentially the same as releasing a player. If a player is traded , all future prorated money will accelerate. if Wilson were to be traded, a complete "fire sale" would commence. You would essentially be doing a rebuild.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":jx0lviok said:
Sounds like it, but who knows?
I need to just distance myself from this place for awhile.
Yes you have been pissing vinegar lately guy :179419:
I'm kidding really..I've been laughing at a lot of the dry comments.
See you during the draft?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I tell myself I'll take a long break, but I always end up back here. It's like football crack :mrgreen:

Latest posts