If Flowers starts next week Pete Carroll should be fired.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
There's no way on this earth Tre Flowers should get another start on this team . Yes i'm tired of Pete Carrolls inability or unwillingness to adjust or make changes .

K

K.J WRIGHT

Flowers is a skinny, no skill, get's burned loser...send penny/dead flowers to the jags.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pete’s loyalty to his coaches and players is his biggest strength and at the same time his biggest weakness.
There is no way Flowers should be allowed on the field as a CB ever if you’ve watched games he’s played in.

Ruminator

Reaction score
If Flowers has the ability to eviscerate Lockett, Swain, Metcalf, Dissly, Eskridge, and the rest of our receivers in practice such that Pete Carroll swallows a truckload of gum every time he sees it, then either it's time to somehow program Flowers into thinking he's playing against the same guys in actual games even though he's not, or it's time to demote him or let him go.

balakoth

Reaction score
Ruminator":q2xgp98g said:
If Flowers has the ability to eviscerate Lockett, Swain, Metcalf, Dissly, Eskridge, and the rest of our receivers in practice such that Pete Carroll swallows a truckload of gum every time he sees it, then either it's time to somehow program Flowers into thinking he's playing against the same guys in actual games even though he's not, or it's time to demote him or let him go.

To be honest, during training camp etc, you never saw the defense playing 10 yards off our receivers.. maybe a few times.. but we did a lot of press.

Sometimes I think its the CBs decision to pull back because he wasn't want to beat or doesn't have the confidence.

Flowers isn't terrible... he isn't great, but I think he gets a ton more flack than he deserves here.

balakoth

Reaction score
balakoth":3nzqcymu said:
Ruminator":3nzqcymu said:

To be honest, during training camp etc, you never saw the defense playing 10 yards off our receivers.. maybe a few times.. but we did a lot of press.

Sometimes I think its the CBs decision to pull back because he wasn't want to beat or doesn't have the confidence.

Flowers isn't terrible... he isn't great, but I think he gets a ton more flack than he deserves here.

Also to quote myself.. maybe our offensive scheme is just that easy to defend for our practices. :p

Ruminator

Reaction score
balakoth":zhtu5215 said:
balakoth":zhtu5215 said:
Ruminator":zhtu5215 said:

Also to quote myself.. maybe our offensive scheme is just that easy to defend for our practices. :p

Maybe Pete needs to run certain aspects of practice like they're real games, except he can't because then we'd be a MASH unit. Guess he has to play them in real games to know whether they're up to snuff, but I think Flowers has already demonstrated that for him, the conclusion is no.

cymatica

Reaction score
balakoth":une3poqz said:
Ruminator":une3poqz said:

That's what coaches should recognize. At this point you got nothing to loose to play more aggressive. Make the wr and qb work for it. They don't need big plays when they can drive the field underneath and tire the defense as a bonus

xray

Reaction score
The coaching staff on both sides of the ball in yesterday's game should be fired . Why ? They have no ability to adjust to the opponents game changes during the course of the game . They have the players on this team to kick azz . Coaching is the weak link here for any chance of going deep in post season again this season . IMO

kf3339

Reaction score
xray":344yni5n said:
The coaching staff on both sides of the ball in yesterday's game should be fired . Why ? They have no ability to adjust to the opponents game changes during the course of the game . They have the players on this team to kick azz . Coaching is the weak link here for any chance of going deep in post season again this season . IMO

If that is the primary issue that gets all the coaches fired, then this should have happened 7 years ago. That is how long it's been that we have had no in-game adjustments by our coaches. This has always been a weak link of our PC teams. The only way to overcome is the quality of our players and overwhelming depth. We had that during the SB years, but not anymore.

I was hopeful that Waldron was going to have that quality in him and his experiences in LA. I still believe that he will get better. It's only his second game as OC. Give him another 4-5 games and will know what is and isn't possible.

With Norton there is no need to hope for this to happen. He is dead weight on our coaching staff and I seriously believe even the defensive players know it. PC makes the calls, or lack of for the defense. If they are not making in-game adjustments then that is how he wants it to go.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I wonder if a diff position on the defense will make flowers play better. It’s obvious he shows skill during practices that just don’t show at game time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Flowers hasn’t been good but it’s not like DJ Reed has been any better. Except for maybe taunting...Reed seems to great at that. It’s time to let Jones and Austin play.

flv

Reaction score
HawkinNY":rxbek0ap said:
I wonder if a diff position on the defense will make flowers play better. It’s obvious he shows skill during practices that just don’t show at game time.
What position would you suggest?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
If it is sunny, PC should be fired.
If it is cloudy, PC should be fired.

The PC/RW combo needs to end and I’d much rather get rid of the one most responsible.

Jville

Reaction score
Seems to me the defensive back field is still a work in progress.

Everyone has room and need for improvement. For example ......... Jamar Adams made two team mates look bad on that long Derrick Henry TD run. Adams abandon his gap and failed to make his tackle for loss play. Leaving Tre Flowers and Quandre Diggs grasping at air. It's on the televised video for all to review via their VCRs. Game announcers pointed it out. And, Diggs was so upset he slammed his helmet into the turf. That is also recorded. And when asked about it during his press conference, Adams cop out was ...... "shit happens".

I'm sure that's not the kind of leadership the coaching staff is looking for. I'm just hopeful this and other unrealized responsibilities were addressed today on tell the truth Tuesday. Rather than latter ..... half way thru the season.

Unfortunately, the blame happy lynch mob here at dot net misses these sorts of things and will carry on with their selective attacks and meaningless babble.

As such, I suppose this post is useless to them. :229031_shrug: let them agonize and wallow in self imposed ignorance.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Jamal was not good Sunday.

He kept trying to rush the QB and getting held up at the line, so giving the QB plenty of time but one less player in the secondary.

He had some great games for us, so he deserves a little bit of leeway but that was a bad game.

To be honest, the whole way Pete is trying to play defense this year is going to screw us. A big reason we will struggle is a terrible defensive philosophy (ie only works with great players) married with an offense that will be inconsistent for a while as we get it cemented.

This whole stop the run and stop the big play emphasis is wrong-headed and going to backfire.

Understand we are struggling at CB and have an iffy secondary. But all it will do it exhaust our D and limit the touches our offenses get. And the then tired defense will struggle in the 2nd half, so won't even be able to stop the run.

We played 2 patchwork OLs. In one we got pressure. In other we really struggled to get any pressure.

We need to be willing to give up more runs in exchange for more pressure. And we need to cover effing middle, even if we give up the big play now and then. Screw the Toxic Differential, which is a dumb KPI anyway.

Latest posts