If I could remove only one player from this roster...

Are you seeing the expected return on the investment the Seahawks made for Jamal Adams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Cost: Two first round picks, over $20 million dollars in bonus money, and he attacks women stronger than he attacks opposing offenses.
Make no mistake about it, I want this Jamal Adams character gone from this roster, but if you can still make a viable argument for keeping him...

Do your best, but the numbers add up against it.
Jamal Adams

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
The above question is more about making the team right again.
Hope you all understand that.

sutz

Reaction score
Didn't vote because I'm not sure how relevant the poll actually is, but that is just me, maybe.

One question I do have, though, is if we were to cut him, or even to IR him into the playoffs, who is there to take the roster spot he would leave open? Legit question, I don't really know if there is someone. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
It's just that too many people here seem to think that Jamal Adams is some sort of magical creature.
Hello, he is not!

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Before you argue, tell us, when was the last time Jamal Adams had a sack?
How many TD's has he given up?

Yes, this is all about return on investment, and the Hawk's don't seem to be getting their fair share of it.
Addition by subtraction is a phrase that comes to mind.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Cost: Two first round picks, over $20 million dollars in bonus money, and he attacks women stronger than he attacks opposing offenses.
Make no mistake about it, I want this Jamal Adams character gone from this roster, but if you can still make a viable argument for keeping him...

Do your best, but the numbers add up against it.
View attachment 62662
Looking at these stats from year 1 to year 7 I'm trying to understand what was ever the big deal
about him?
He only had 2 interceptions before Seattle and 2 with Seattle. Love got 2 in one game!
I know theres more to it than that but looking over his stats doesn't excite me.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Looking at these stats from year 1 to year 7 I'm trying to understand what was ever the big deal
about him?
He only had 2 interceptions before Seattle and 2 with Seattle. Love got 2 in one game!
I know theres more to it than that but looking over his stats doesn't excite me.
It was a headscratcher of a trade then...no one gives that much up to get this guy.

Jville

Reaction score
It's just that too many people here seem to think that Jamal Adams is some sort of magical creature.
Hello, he is not!

Nonsense,

Some of us read and know that Jamar has not made it all the way back from a very bad injury. He hasn't played anywhere close to what he did before his injury. And, it doesn't sound like he is going to make a full recovery before the end of the season. That's what some of us know.

I recall an Al Woods interview in which he volunteered that he benefited from taking a year off from football to give his body a year to fully heal from combat before joining the Seahawks.

There are some who are interested in the human player. Others are free to let numbers blind them from seeing football players as humans and shape what to think to the exclusion of everything else.

There is considerable variation among fans as to fan understanding and experience. We can all be found on the same message board.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hello, he is not!

I haven't seen a Jamal Adams helps this team post in months. Even those apologists have scurried for the hills.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm going against the grain. Adams numbers skew things so i'll leave him out of this. I would have to say either Dallas or Eskridge. Take your pick. I actually like DJ but he's so mediocre its maddening. Eskridge is just taking up a roster spot at this point.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm going against the grain. Adams numbers skew things so i'll leave him out of this. I would have to say either Dallas or Eskridge. Take your pick. I actually like DJ but he's so mediocre its maddening. Eskridge is just taking up a roster spot at this point.

That's an interesting take.

I am coming around to the impression that Dee Eskridge is a much better athlete than football player. Where as DJ Dallas strikes me as a better football player than athlete.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Eskridge would be up there for me.

In his rookie minicamp he called himself an alpha dog…. Still waiting for that to show up.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I didn’t vote, because I didn’t like any of the choices.

I would have voted “I like Adams, but not at this price.”

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I think he could, but he doesn't seem to want to.

Nor, possibly, is he healthy enough to.

Zero problem benching him.

GemCity

Reaction score
I wonder if he’s 100%. I’m not making excuses here but, something is terribly off.

Too small to handle linemen coming at him if he’s playing a hybrid OLB. Too slow to cover receivers. Hands are not that great so even when he gets in position against a TE on a quick out or similar, he’s usually not making a play on the ball.

I was hyped when we made the trade. At the time, I didn’t pay attention to the way too steep details and just what it meant for the team.

If we get even a glimpse of the guy we traded for, it would be a huge bonus. It wouldn’t offset the investment…but would be a welcomed surprise.

$$$ wise, it makes zero sense to let him go (unless you can sucker someone into a trade…which JS is pretty decent at).

hawkpride

Reaction score
I voted no.
I was happy when we traded for him, his high energy motor was off the charts.
But as (just a little) time went by, his stone-cold hands, his tenacity to overrun a player he was trying to tackle, (the runner or QB) showed his weakness, and then add ALL his injuries. It feels to me like a Percy Harvin 2.0 trade, but at least PH 1.0 made a huge play for us in the Super Bowl. I can't think of any game altering play made by Adams. But it could be my old memory?
And this does not include all the $ the Hawks pay him to (usually) sit.

Last edited: