If I could remove only one player from this roster...

Are you seeing the expected return on the investment the Seahawks made for Jamal Adams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Before you argue, tell us, when was the last time Jamal Adams had a sack?
How many TD's has he given up?

Yes, this is all about return on investment, and the Hawk's don't seem to be getting their fair share of it.
Addition by subtraction is a phrase that comes to mind.
He’s the master of close but no cigar sacks. With his speed, he does a lot of flying by where the qb “was” and whiffs.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Didn't vote because I'm not sure how relevant the poll actually is, but that is just me, maybe.

One question I do have, though, is if we were to cut him, or even to IR him into the playoffs, who is there to take the roster spot he would leave open? Legit question, I don't really know if there is someone. 🤷‍♂️
I'd like to see LB Derick Hall get the developmental snaps that he needs.
I'm also fine with Julian Love at the SS position.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score

Nonsense,

Some of us read and know that Jamar has not made it all the way back from a very bad injury. He hasn't played anywhere close to what he did before his injury. And, it doesn't sound like he is going to make a full recovery before the end of the season. That's what some of us know.

I recall an Al Woods interview in which he volunteered that he benefited from taking a year off from football to give his body a year to fully heal from combat before joining the Seahawks.

There are some who are interested in the human player. Others are free to let numbers blind them from seeing football players as humans and shape what to think to the exclusion of everything else.

There is considerable variation among fans as to fan understanding and experience. We can all be found on the same message board.
I'm making nonsense...?
Please answer the above questions that I posited.

"Before you argue, tell us, when was the last time Jamal Adams had a sack?
How many TD's has he given up?"

How am I making nonsense?

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I'm going against the grain. Adams numbers skew things so i'll leave him out of this. I would have to say either Dallas or Eskridge. Take your pick. I actually like DJ but he's so mediocre its maddening. Eskridge is just taking up a roster spot at this point.
All three interceptions that were credited to Drew Lock during the 49'ers game... All three were thrown to DJ Metcalf. That begs the question, is DK Metcalf hand fighting so much that he isn't arriving to the designated target area when he is supposed to be?

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I voted no.
I was happy when we traded for him, his high energy motor was off the charts.
But as (just a little) time went by, his stone-cold hands, his tenacity to overrun a player he was trying to tackle, (the runner or QB) showed his weakness, and then add ALL his injuries. It feels to me like a Percy Harvin 2.0 trade, but at least PH 1.0 made a huge play for us in the Super Bowl. I can't think of any game altering play made by Adams. But it could be my old memory?
And this does not include all the $ the Hawks pay him to (usually) sit.
Maybe it ain't your old memory, hawkpride.
Just maybe it's Jamal Adam's old memory; he seems to be still thinking of what he used to be. Well that ship has sailed, sunken actually.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
He is too! How else would you describe his disappearing act when it's time to break up a pass or tackle a runner?
The guy we want to replace him is currently IR.
I bow before your superior intellect sire...

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Easy DJ Dallas by a mile.
I'd be interested to know why you seem to feel like Jamal Adams has had a more positive effect for this team than DJ Dallas has had. I see Dallas getting tough yardage, and also returning kicks. I don't see any of that from Jamal Adams.

I'm not going to argue with you, it's just that I am really curious why you (and others) continue to put so much value upon Jamal Adams? Please explain your position if you will.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Easy DJ Dallas by a mile.

I'm still at a loss as to why they retained Dallas over Homer. Homer was a beast when it came to pass blocking and I thought he had better talent than Dallas. Must have been a money thing.

cymatica

Reaction score
The only thing I can conclude from this is that Jamal Adams has joined .net under the name kidhawk

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm still at a loss as to why they retained Dallas over Homer. Homer was a beast when it came to pass blocking and I thought he had better talent than Dallas. Must have been a money thing.
Yeah, probably money. Would've had to outbid Chicago, and Chicago offered him like 1.5m. Probably just wanted to add a rookie (Charbonnet) and keep the whole group on rookie contracts. Gotta save somewhere.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Yeah, probably money. Would've had to outbid Chicago, and Chicago offered him like 1.5m. Probably just wanted to add a rookie (Charbonnet) and keep the whole group on rookie contracts. Gotta save somewhere.
Homer is making $2M per year. Dallas will be a UFA this offseason. Likely won't return.

I think that's partly why they're essentially redshirting Kenny McIntosh. You have Walker, Charbs & Kenny. No room for Dallas.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Homer is making $2M per year. Dallas will be a UFA this offseason. Likely won't return.

I think that's partly why they're essentially redshirting Kenny McIntosh. You have Walker, Charbs & Kenny. No room for Dallas.
$2M? Yeah, even more reason to just roll with Dallas to go behind your studs, and I loved Homer. Homer's pass blocking and special teams (not as a primary returner) were excellent, but you kinda telegraph what you're doing with him on the field in the offense (or you rush him and get suboptimal results).

I have questions about McIntosh, but he should have enough to contribute. Can be a returner, can be moderately productive on the ground and has great production upside as a receiving back. Sounds like my kinda RB3.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I have not seen a single post to justify this statement, everyone is on your side.
I'm probably one that would be considered as more complimentary than the average poster to Adams. I can acknowledge that I think he's more talented than the majority of players on the team. His speed, his pursuit, his versatility, and his closing speed are all rare traits.

That said, I'm cool with him staying out, because he seems increasingly to be a negative influence on team chemistry and vibes.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

I wasn't even aware where he landed as I never bothered to look it up. I just thought Seattle would have retained him for cheap, but it makes sense to have let him go. The stable is full right now and i'm not complaining.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I wasn't even aware where he landed as I never bothered to look it up. I just thought Seattle would have retained him for cheap, but it makes sense to have let him go. The stable is full right now and i'm not complaining.
Might be the most promising positional group on the roster if all we've really got to discuss right now is who we want as the third-stringer. Refreshing, ain't it?