If Marqise Lee fell to 32

mbtitleist

Reaction score
If Lee is still available at #32 I'd imagine Carroll is looking something like this.

198af2kcuq5fwgif.gif

Lets not forget that Lee spent a lot of time returning kicks also.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
General Manager":1cx2wvys said:
Throwdown":1cx2wvys said:
General Manager":1cx2wvys said:
He's rated higher than some of the other WR's but that doesn't mean he will be the better pro . There's WR's I like better at 32.

What makes you think some of the guys rated lower would be better WRs?

Well part of evaluating these players is trying project how they translate to the pro's. Based on there game film the competition they played against injury's and of course there measurable. There's WR's I like better based on that criteria .
Like who?

McGruff

Reaction score
out of all those big receivers we've peaked at, how many have warranted major financial/draft capital? One. Rice. The rest have been middle or late round picks or old guys signed on a wing and a prayer.

Meanwhile, they spent a 2nd round pick on an undersized player who they valued as a 1st rounder (Tate) and traded multiple high picks and a huge contract on another undersized speedster (Percy). And for every oversized late round/UDFA/canadian chump you can mention, i can also point to Arceto clark, Brian Walters, Doug Baldwin, etc.

Size is not their thing. Would they like it? Sure. Are they going to draft based on it? Not a chance. Speed, explosion, and most importantly RAC ability seem to be much higher on their radar.

McGruff

Reaction score
even looking at their draft visits, sure they've had Latimer and Adams in, but they've also met with Cooks, Richardson, Huff and are runored to love Odell Beckham Jr. . . . all smaller WR's.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Small or big, Pete is about playmakers. He would prefer the bigger WR, but playmaker is the first criteria. and Lee is that.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
If Lee is still there I have to believe we race to the podium. I would be thrilled with that. I could see him turning into another Keenan Allen, widely regarded as one of the best WR in the drfat last year, then he ran a bit slow and dropped to the 3rd, only to end up with over 1000 yds last year for SD.

General Manager

Reaction score
His knee injury is, imo very concerning we have enough WR's already that have are having problems staying on the field .

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":pt38wste said:
General Manager":pt38wste said:
Throwdown":pt38wste said:
General Manager":pt38wste said:
He's rated higher than some of the other WR's but that doesn't mean he will be the better pro . There's WR's I like better at 32.

What makes you think some of the guys rated lower would be better WRs?

Well part of evaluating these players is trying project how they translate to the pro's. Based on there game film the competition they played against injury's and of course there measurable. There's WR's I like better based on that criteria .
Like who?

I would be interested in hearing who GM has listed above him as well.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'd be up for Lee I have him rated pretty high

1. Sammy Watkins
2. Mike Evans
3. Marqis Lee
4. Odel Beckham Jr
5. Kelvin Benjamin
6. Donte Moncrief
7. Allen Robinson
8. Jordan Matthews
9. Cory Latimer
10.Brandon Coleman
11.Devin Street
12.Davante Adams
13.Martavis Bryant
14.Brandon Cooks

General Manager

Reaction score
My concern is his knee and if he is the type of player that will be injured alot not his ability.

Sac

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1f91b7yk said:

1. Sammy Watkins
2. Mike Evans
3. Marqis Lee
4. Odel Beckham Jr
5. Kelvin Benjamin
6. Donte Moncrief
7. Allen Robinson
8. Jordan Matthews
9. Cory Latimer
10.Brandon Coleman
11.Devin Street
12.Davante Adams
13.Martavis Bryant
14.Brandon Cooks

How you have Kelvin Benjamin 5th boggles my mind.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1vel67r0 said:
Wenhawk":1vel67r0 said:

1. Sammy Watkins
2. Mike Evans
3. Marqis Lee
4. Odel Beckham Jr
5. Kelvin Benjamin
6. Donte Moncrief
7. Allen Robinson
8. Jordan Matthews
9. Cory Latimer
10.Brandon Coleman
11.Devin Street
12.Davante Adams
13.Martavis Bryant
14.Brandon Cooks

How you have Kelvin Benjamin 5th boggles my mind.

Benjamin would drop out of my top 100, like a ball Jameis Winston would throw to him.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
For S&giggles my WR rankings would be..

1 - S. Watkins
2 - O. Beckham
3 - M. Evans
4 - M. Lee
5 - A. Robinson
6 - C. Latimer
7 - D. Moncrief
8 - B. Cooks
9 - D. Adams
10 - J. Matthews
11- M. Bryant
12 - P. Richardson
13 - J. Abberderis
14 - J. Landry
15 - K. Benjamin

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd feel good getting Lee at 32. That said, when I compare Lee to the other receivers in this class, I don't see the guaranteed first round pick that he's been hyped as.

He plays quick, but he's not fast. He plays tough, but he's not strong. He makes some great catches, but he drops some easy passes. Granted I've probably not watched as many games as some here on the forums, but I turned off a few of his his games feeling "meh" when I was expecting to see something closer to the exciting level of play Watkins or Beckham (comparing the undersized receivers).

Personally, I'd have to see what other players are on the board before I run up to the podium with my eyes closed.

As a side note, I'm surprised the people whose main knock on Kelvin Benjamin for his 9% drop rate hasn't mentioned Marquis' 12% drop rate.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
General Manager":3pzfz141 said:
My concern is his knee and if he is the type of player that will be injured alot not his ability.

Still ignored a few of our questions.....can you give us a list of the players you have listed above Lee?

jding

Reaction score
If Lee is available at 32 I hope we sprint to the podium to get our pick in.

sc85sis

Reaction score
General Manager":1qmusaaw said:
His knee injury is, imo very concerning we have enough WR's already that have are having problems staying on the field .
His knee injury was a problem last year because USC had no depth due to sanctions and he wasn't able to stay off the field and properly heal during the season. At one point we were down to 1-2 scholarship receivers.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
General Manager":5n6wssif said:

I would agree with this. Sometimes guys get rated higher than they should be early in the process and it seems to elevate their stock in the public eye.