If Marqise Lee fell to 32

General Manager

Reaction score
Throwdown":2h95z623 said:
General Manager":2h95z623 said:
If you haven't seen Kiper and McShays head to head three round mock on ESPN they will probably replay it some time tonight. They just did the first round but there were nine WR's taken in the first round with Matthews going at 22 and Lee 23 . It could have been 23 and 24 anyway it's interesting .

Cuz they totally know what they're talking about lol

Not at all but this notion that I'm out of my mind because i have a couple WR's I prefer over Lee is ridiculous . If his knee is 100% and he really didn't hurt it structually I'd love to have him at 32. I just can't find anything definitive on it.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
General Manager":e9psqzcc said:
ImTheScientist":e9psqzcc said:
I think Lee is the best WR in this class when its all said and done.

Someone needs to put the bong down.

Its not that far fetched kid. Many experts feel he is top 3 in this years class.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
The near fact Lee could be available at #32 shows how deep this class is. I think he is a better prospect than Crabtree and Blackmon who both went to 10.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
General Manager":179m9bkn said:
Throwdown":179m9bkn said:
General Manager":179m9bkn said:
If you haven't seen Kiper and McShays head to head three round mock on ESPN they will probably replay it some time tonight. They just did the first round but there were nine WR's taken in the first round with Matthews going at 22 and Lee 23 . It could have been 23 and 24 anyway it's interesting .

Cuz they totally know what they're talking about lol

Not at all but this notion that I'm out of my mind because i have a couple WR's I prefer over Lee is ridiculous . If his knee is 100% and he really didn't hurt it structually I'd love to have him at 32. I just can't find anything definitive on it.

They had Adams, Matthews and BRUCE ELLINGTON getting into Round 1. I'd be floored if that happens.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Chawker":2w6lwpmx said:
Why? We signed the rookie of the year from the CFL Chris Matthews 6' 5" 218 #87 4.5 37 vert. doubt we'll be drafting any WR in the first few rounds.

Matthews won't even make the roster when its all said and done.

Much better talent available in the draft.

Threedee

Reaction score
I saw Lee on a mock yesterday. Frankly, I think JS would grab Latimer over Lee. He and Pete seem really into these rising WR names we've been hearing about lately.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
General Manager":36df5gik said:
theENGLISHseahawk":36df5gik said:
General Manager":36df5gik said:
ImTheScientist":36df5gik said:
I think Lee is the best WR in this class when its all said and done.

Someone needs to put the bong down.

Oh the irony!

Agreed some of the analysis is deeply flawed around here.

I'm glad you agree your analysis is flawed.

Chawker

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":lhz6id6i said:
Chawker":lhz6id6i said:
Why? We signed the rookie of the year from the CFL Chris Matthews 6' 5" 218 #87 4.5 37 vert. doubt we'll be drafting any WR in the first few rounds.

You maybe right..... time will tell. Still he was the rookie of the year in the CFL with the Winnapeg Blue Bombers. We'll see if he can play on a smaller field with better competition. Personally, I hope the kids got game. cheers

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Chawker":1fs8fc6y said:
Hasselbeck":1fs8fc6y said:
Chawker":1fs8fc6y said:

You maybe right..... time will tell. Still he was the rookie of the year in the CFL with the Winnapeg Blue Bombers. We'll see if he can play on a smaller field with better competition. Personally, I hope the kids got game. cheers

Just a question for hasselbeck: Have you watched this Matthews kid play?

I mean, how the heck do you know that he won't make the team, or that there is 'much better' talent in the draft? Based on your keen eye for WR evaluation and all of the tape (college and CFL) you have watched? C'mon man. No need hate like that. You can call it a cinderella case if you want, but plenty of UDFAs and the like make teams over some 'highly talented' drafted players, obviously.

Lets at least wait until some TC happens before we just blindly write players off that we don't know much about. He has a chance if he is a competitor.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Coug, you may not be a big fan of Hasselbeck's blanket denial that Matthews will make the squad, but is a solid statement. Rice, Harvin, Baldwin, and Kearse are likely to have a lock on the top 4 spots. Lockette emerged as a force in special teams, translating his speed to the field, which should give him an edge for the 5th spot. If Seattle commits to a rookie in the first 3 rounds, as I expect, that would be the 6th spot. I think it is extremely unlikely Matthews cracks one of those top 6 spots.

Operating in the premise of this thread, that would give us Harvin, Lee, Baldwin, Kearse, Rice, Lockette. Matthews would have to be pretty damn good, and maybe a special teams ace, to get one of those 6 spots. Or Rice would have to still have serious lingering knee issues, which is entirely possible. Or Lockette could make headlines again with his bosom buddy, Kaeperstank, and get the boot.

I have watched everything there is of Matthews, and I don't see it. He is BMW without the ice cream addiction. Not fast, great hands, gets a lot of passes broken up because he simply is not separating. In the CFL.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":21k1lgm1 said:
Do you draft him even though he's 6 feet tall?

I would LOVE to have a guy like Lee .. of course being a USC homer might cloud my judgment ;) Supposedly this guy is falling down draft boards now (Rang's latest mock has us taking Lee), some have him even dipping into the second round.

What say you?

If we go with a WR at #32, assuming that Watkins and Evans are both off the board, I'd rather we take Kelvin Benjamin than Lee. We needs some height at that position to help our red zone efficiency, which at times was a real problem. Benjamin would at the very least create some matchup problems. But that all depends on who else at a couple of other positions are available at #32.

There's two or three positions where I'd like to see us be opportunistic and take which ever one happens to fall. If there's a run on quarterbacks, one of those top 3 OT's could drop to the point where we might be able to snag one of them by trading up a couple of spots.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If Lee and KB are both there at #32 I think it is not a cut and dry decision. If e plan on spending money to keep Baldwin long term then we'd pass on Lee. If we are sold on Kearse long term and think Sidney can produce the I think we pass on KB. There is more boom or busy potential with KB and this team trends to take their chances.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
RiverDog":3ln5tme0 said:
Hasselbeck":3ln5tme0 said:
Do you draft him even though he's 6 feet tall?

I would LOVE to have a guy like Lee .. of course being a USC homer might cloud my judgment ;) Supposedly this guy is falling down draft boards now (Rang's latest mock has us taking Lee), some have him even dipping into the second round.

What say you?

If we go with a WR at #32, assuming that Watkins and Evans are both off the board, I'd rather we take Kelvin Benjamin than Lee. We needs some height at that position to help our red zone efficiency, which at times was a real problem. Benjamin would at the very least create some matchup problems. But that all depends on who else at a couple of other positions are available at #32.

There's two or three positions where I'd like to see us be opportunistic and take which ever one happens to fall. If there's a run on quarterbacks, one of those top 3 OT's could drop to the point where we might be able to snag one of them by trading up a couple of spots.

Thankfully you are not our GM. It would be incredibly frustrating if they passed on Lee to take Benjamin, although I highly doubt they would do so.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think the 9ers may snatch him, but yeah I'd jump skip and hop up to the podium to draft Lee.