If Marqise Lee fell to 32

QuahHawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1f4x5l1d said:
How you have Kelvin Benjamin 5th boggles my mind.

Yeah I'm just very intrigued by his size and his ceiling is top 15 in this draft. With the proper coaching, some speed training, a competitive atmosphere, and proper utilization I could see KB live up to his expectations, but if on the wrong team and force into a prominent role early I could see Mike Williams 2.0.

I think a late 1st is totally worth a shot at potential Red Zone TD machine.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3h
I’ve asked every evaluator I’ve talked with to rank the WRs. Different answer every time after the top 2. Fascinating to see it shake out

I'll throw my top-15 out there.

1. S. Watkins
2. M. Evans
3. O. Beckham
4. B. Cooks
5. K. Benjamin
6. C. Latimer
7. M. Lee
8. A. Robinson
9. J. Matthews
10. M. Bryant
11. D. Adams
12. D. Moncrief
13, P. Richardson
14. J. Landry
15. Devin Street

hawknation2014

Reaction score
1. Watkins
2. Beckham
3. Evans
4. Lee
5. Adams
6. Latimer
7. Cooks
8. Matthews
9. Moncrief
10. Robinson
11. Richardson
12. Bryant
13. Street
14. Landry
15. Benjamin

Sac

Reaction score
hawknation2014":28lngnh7 said:
1. Watkins
2. Beckham
3. Evans
4. Lee
5. Adams
6. Latimer
7. Cooks
8. Matthews
9. Moncrief
10. Robinson
11. Richardson
12. Bryant
13. Street
14. Landry
15. Benjamin

This looks about right, actually.

two dog

Reaction score
If Marqise Lee fell to 32, I would fall off my chair. Not gonna happen but the lead-up to the draft is
all about what iff'n and dreaming. Nothing wrong with that.

Sac

Reaction score
As much as I don't like the idea of Benjamin being a Hawk...I can see the front office loving his run blocking. I can also see them coaching him up to win the red line and becoming more of a hands catcher.

Hell...he'd have to be considering how Russell puts balls where only receivers can get them. He'd force Benjamin to stretch out for a grab.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'd also trade up for Lee. I'll say it again -- a truly fantastic competitor, an unbelievable talent. USC was absolutely car crash last year. And anyone worrying about his toughness or ability to battle through injuries needs to go and watch the game he won for the Trojans against Stanford last season.

To have him ranked below Jordan Matthews is truly unbelievable. That's barmy.

For me these are your R1 receivers and in this order:

Watkins
Evans
Beckham Jr
Lee
Cooks
Benjamin
Latimer

General Manager

Reaction score
If Lee's still there at 32 I'd pass, there's obviously a reason for it and they have more information than we do.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
General Manager":1o2fx40t said:
If Lee's still there at 32 I'd pass, there's obviously a reason for it and they have more information than we do.

That really doesn't make sense. Especially when you consider all the players taken in he late rounds on the hawks that had success.

Chawker

Reaction score
Why? We signed the rookie of the year from the CFL Chris Matthews 6' 5" 218 #87 4.5 37 vert. doubt we'll be drafting any WR in the first few rounds.

General Manager

Reaction score
If you haven't seen Kiper and McShays head to head three round mock on ESPN they will probably replay it some time tonight. They just did the first round but there were nine WR's taken in the first round with Matthews going at 22 and Lee 23 . It could have been 23 and 24 anyway it's interesting .

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If tavon austin was in this year's Draft I think most would argue he is better than brandon cooks, unless in a perfect situation small wr's never seem to pan out. I think cook is more talented than I have rated him but at his size I'd just as well take Ellington or Richardson a few rounds later.

Throwdown

Reaction score
General Manager":20vbr80r said:
If you haven't seen Kiper and McShays head to head three round mock on ESPN they will probably replay it some time tonight. They just did the first round but there were nine WR's taken in the first round with Matthews going at 22 and Lee 23 . It could have been 23 and 24 anyway it's interesting .

Cuz they totally know what they're talking about lol

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Chawker":3b0wktls said:
Why? We signed the rookie of the year from the CFL Chris Matthews 6' 5" 218 #87 4.5 37 vert. doubt we'll be drafting any WR in the first few rounds.

We also signed offensive linemen to future contracts too. Does that rule out OT as well?

General Manager":3b0wktls said:

The most interesting thing was McShay laughing at Kiper for the pick.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I think Lee is the best WR in this class when its all said and done.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Chawker":1fncuq4a said:

You think signing a CFL player that is a longshot to make the roster will preclude the Seahawks from drafting a WR early?

Chawker

Reaction score
Thats true English, but it makes the liklyhood of us not drafting a big WR early say round 1 for instance.
We do however need a returner, a smaller type of WR.......or maybe a CB. For round 1 my moneys on taking a defensive player, Tuitt or Martin........or if the right DB falls to us. OL in the second round. cheers

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I have Lee rated as the 3rd best WR in the class behind Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins