If Pete were to ever get fired, who makes the call?

seabowl

Reaction score
Not that I think Pete should be fired, but if he were ever to get the ax, do you think Jody/ownership makes 100% of the call or do you think John Schneider would have a say?

Also if ownership were to ask John's opinion, which I think they would, do you believe he would ever agree that parting ways would be best for the team (if he so believes it's true)? Or is he too close to Pete to chime in with the truth?

Again not saying Pete should go especially as likely the best HC the team has ever had. However if and when the time ever comes I was curious how the process would work especially if Pete wants to keep coaching this team.

Thoughts?

kidhawk

Reaction score
When Pete was hired, he hired John. Now, we do have a new owner, but I think as far as the rest of the operations team, they should be pretty much the same. My guess here would be that there would need to be a consensus and that there would likely be discussions with many parties, but Jody would have the final say in the matter. As for John, I think he goes when Pete goes if it's not voluntary. I also don't see either of them going anywhere yet.

Mick063

Reaction score
I want him here until he decides to leave.

So I don't even think about it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete will never get fired.

He will choose to step down at some point. Hopefully soon. But nobody fires an 11 win coach, even if many of those wins are more due to the QB than the coach.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
kidhawk":3rowyrif said:
When Pete was hired, he hired John. Now, we do have a new owner, but I think as far as the rest of the operations team, they should be pretty much the same. My guess here would be that there would need to be a consensus and that there would likely be discussions with many parties, but Jody would have the final say in the matter. As for John, I think he goes when Pete goes if it's not voluntary. I also don't see either of them going anywhere yet.

I think there could come a day when they (ownership/Schneider/Carroll) all agree on the virtues of a younger guy for HC. If that were to happen how about the possibility of Pete becoming head office with Schneider helping ownership with personnel and operations, but someone else taking over as coach?

I know Jody has enjoyed being directly involved and has done a terrific job to this point, but Schneider and Carroll are a team I bet she would hate to see go. They all seem to work together perfectly. I know there's another guy too, right under Jody, but can't all up his name right now...

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1e0crq4b said:

I agree with this only Pete doesn't sign his checks he endorsed John but he didn't hire him. Pete has the final say on the draft how often he uses that authority is not known.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":195fj6o5 said:
kidhawk":195fj6o5 said:

I agree with this only Pete doesn't sign his checks he endorsed John but he didn't hire him. Pete has the final say on the draft how often he uses that authority is not known.

Pete didn't get to pick from all the possibilities in the NFL world, but he was given a list of candidates to make the decision from. At least that's what I remember reading in the past. I believe he was given a list of candidates from which he chose Schneider. The rest is history.

xray

Reaction score
Himself ...he is executive vice- pres...HC and hired and is the boss of JS the GM...Pete's the boss...live with it .

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":21i3m59m said:
That would be my guess too, I think Pete goes when Pete decides to call it quits.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2l16nej4 said:
Pete will never get fired.

He will choose to step down at some point. Hopefully soon. But nobody fires an 11 win coach, even if many of those wins are more due to the QB than the coach.
Jezus Christ Twisted, give it a rest, the bullsh*t runneth over.

chris98251

Reaction score
In reality I think the guys that are doing the oversight from Vulcan would get together with Jody and have a meeting if things got Mora type bad and then a meeting and release.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Look we all know he isn't getting fired nor should he. However, someone in a power position needs to sit him down and go over the issues with both the O and the D. One year, two years ok. But six years of not letting Russ run the O from the start and at least 3 years of the D gameplan being to let receivers wide open and hope to hold them to a fg has got to stop.

The only goal is to win the SB. That's it.

The current system will just not allow that to happen though.