If Roman Harper is playing safety in this game

Seeker

Reaction score
As Boyhowdy to make you a cake to walk on.
That dude is awful in that position if you know how to expose him.
im talking last year champ bailey against the ravens status. :thirishdrinkers:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Actually the guy that is awful is their CB Corey White. He's probably the weak link of the secondary. That dude just gets abused. He's the guy that was covering Baldwin in the MNF. We know what type of game Baldwin had.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The name "Hasselbeck" probably still keeps him awake at night.

enamel

Reaction score
Why is New Orleans statistically so good against the pass? Their secondary is suspect and you would think they'd be in a lot of shootout games.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I really like that guy Keenan Lewis. He held DJack in check until he got hurt

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
enamel":ouhvwpoj said:
Why is New Orleans statistically so good against the pass? Their secondary is suspect and you would think they'd be in a lot of shootout games.

The Saints front seven have been great this season. They are 4th in the league in sacks and individually, Jordan and Gallette rank 5th and 6th in sacks. The pressure they have placed on the QB has made the secondary's job much easier.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1tua3yty said:
I really like that guy Keenan Lewis. He held DJack in check until he got hurt

I am really expecting him to be back. He is clearly the best coverage man on the team.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Seeker":3hylsy5l said:
As Boyhowdy to make you a cake to walk on.
That dude is awful in that position if you know how to expose him.
im talking last year champ bailey against the ravens status. :thirishdrinkers:

One of the worst safeties I have ever seen.

summersknight

Reaction score
Impressed with the football knowledge I see here.
I'm a Saints fan and this game scares me to the high heavens.
I do not want a repeat of the "beasting of Lynch". I dont think I could handle that again..lol.
I hope we both stay injury free and its a good game.
Lewis is the real deal and so is Jr.
White is a scrub.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Kind of like the difference we have been shown statistically about the Saints offense home vs away, I wonder what their defensive numbers look like home vs away

ParisPC07

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3hdek70y said:
Kind of like the difference we have been shown statistically about the Saints offense home vs away, I wonder what their defensive numbers look like home vs away

The newest article on fieldgulls talks about that. Apparently their pass defense performs better on the road.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
ParisPC07":36j14h2e said:
HawkRiderFan":36j14h2e said:

The newest article on fieldgulls talks about that. Apparently their pass defense performs better on the road.

Thanks. Wow, never would have guessed that. Must have been in their other 7 road games.

terrytogo

Reaction score
When healthy, Roman Harper plays safety every game, that is his position.

He does suck at coverage but is very good in run support and blitzing; I expect him to be in the box alot this game with Bush and Jenkins on the back end.

We are a better pass defense than many people think because we usually can rattle qbs early, with the exception of Wilson, and because of our different coverages we play.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I think that's where most DC's that play against us for the first time make a grave mistake. You don't attack Wilson with 'rattling' him as the primary objective. When he has a 'bad game,' by his standards or compared to what fans are accustomed to, some Hawk fans will start grasping at straws for reasons, and use the ol' default 'he got rattled,' for lack of a better reason, but I've honestly never noticed him be anything but calm and focused. He operated behind almost NO pass protection for eight games and still maintained a lazer-like focus. The strategy to defend against him has no be a very disciplined game of containing him as well as getting decent push up the middle. All-out pursuits are a big gamble that will really burn you, as Ryan found out last time.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Ryan hasn't had much luck at all recently play calling against the Hawks. 0-2 with Dallas last year and the Saints earlier this year.

OP
OP
Seeker

Seeker

Reaction score
IMHO I think that "saints suck on the road" mantra was yet another overblown lazy crutch for sportscasters. These guys had a losing road record because most of their road games were against really good teams all playing for something. The only losing team they lost to on the road (I think) was the jets and they had a couple miracle games this year.

Latest posts