The truth is....

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
The truth is.... QB is NOT the strength of this team this year, Wow what a statement that is. Maybe people look at the Seahawks and think, for the Hawks to win, QB has to be as good a Wilson. None of their QB are as good as Wilson and everybody including Geno Smith, Drew Lock and Pete Carroll knows it. The question is, is it possible to win if you don't have a QB as good as Wilson, Pete Carroll seems to think so.

About now about half the people know where this is going... Yep! Defense, the Run game, and No turn overs. so why are ae even talking about the QB? we know Geno is going to give this team about 17-20 points a game. What we need to be talking about is the defense because true to Carrolls form, that's what is going to propel this team. Defense wins championships.

The truth is we have NOT seen this D play together, most of it has been spot play on the line. The secondary is GREATLY improved from last year. they are going to have to make some hard cuts as there is good depth at corner. this could be a strength of the D as last year it was a health concern and a liability for most of the year.

The safety position is solidified with adequate depth behind the starters.

the D line looks good with adequate depth

The only real questions are will the young linebackers like Taylor live up to they're pass rush potential?

is there enough Depth at Inside linebacker how much they are going to miss Bobby?

Are the young corners going to mature this year?

Will the D stay healthy?

The Truth is.... we don't really Know...

The truth is... we have not seen this D play together.

The truth is we haven't even seen the schemes they will play

The truth is, I'm actually a little bit excited to see how this is going to pan out.! How about you?

Thoughts?

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Taylor has shown flashes of absolute dominance. He has the tools to be elite. I know this is really early.. but Mafe so far looks like he has all the tools to be an early force out there. His play in college was absolutely elevating at an incredible pace at the end. An it looks like that is continuing in the pros.. I know it’s pre season but he’s shown he has some special skills.

W

Welshers

It will be fun to see how the rest of the team plays and watch the rookies, but the fact is the NFL is now a quarterback league. With a terrible qb a team will suck and it just won't be that fun

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
It will be fun to see how the rest of the team plays and watch the rookies, but the fact is the NFL is now a quarterback league. With a terrible qb a team will suck and it just won't be that fun
first off, I don't think Geno is terrible I just think He is not a Pro bowl QB he is average IMO. But That could change as He has some weapons around him. if he can get the ball to Metcalf on a 15-yard pass and have Metcalf turn it into 50-yard gain that is a big play but that's not really Geno being great that's maximizing the greatness of Metcalf by getting him the ball and actually it is maximizing the effectiveness of the scheme, so the QB doesn't always have to be great he just has to be consistent

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Blake Bortles, Case Keenum, and Nick Foles were all quarterbacks in the same recent conference championships.

Foles ended up winning the Super Bowl. Bortles should have been there too.

You'd be surprised.

Fade

Reaction score
Blake Bortles, Case Keenum, and Nick Foles were all quarterbacks in the same recent conference championships.

You'd be surprised.
Those guys really sustained success and are totally worth building around. /s

So the plan is to suck with game managers and patiently wait for the everything to go right, the planets finally align, have that 1 good year, and then go back to sucking? Brilliant 👏

W

Welshers

first off, I don't think Geno is terrible I just think He is not a Pro bowl QB he is average IMO. But That could change as He has some weapons around him. if he can get the ball to Metcalf on a 15-yard pass and have Metcalf turn it into 50-yard gain that is a big play but that's not really Geno being great that's maximizing the greatness of Metcalf by getting him the ball and actually it is maximizing the effectiveness of the scheme, so the QB doesn't always have to be great he just has to be consistent
Average? He is not in the top 30 in any significant qb metric. That is not average my friend. That is bad

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score

So the plan is to suck with game managers and patiently wait for the everything to go right, the planets finally align, have that 1 good year, and then go back to sucking? Brilliant 👏

You'd be surprised.
I can see there are some real doom and gloomers on this site...yes I agree with you... Geno is the best option at this point but another point I wanted to make is that he has the respect of his teammates and if he was a total loser as Fade seems to think he would not have his teammates respect.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Great QBs tend to be on winning teams. We missed the boat on that one. But we had a good 10 year run of knowing we had a chance in almost any game (maybe not vs the Rams).

It is a bit late to complain on this.

It is also important to remember that consistently winning teams tend to have great owners. (Great, committed, aligned, etc.)

That isn't an option now, and until that changes, the chance at being a consistent winner likely won't either.
To be fair, getting rid of Pete would have required getting another coach and GM. I don't think the current ownership would have made the right decision on that. Not because they are inept, but because finding a great HC is like finding a great QB.

Everyone wants one, and they are extremely difficult to identify early enough you can scoop them up for reasonable cost.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Somehow, I have the feeling That Wilson won't do any better in Denver than he did in Seattle

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Disagree Rock,
I think Wilson does just fine.
Think the success Aaron Rodgers is having.

Misses the playoffs occasionally but sometimes goes farther.

No SuperBowls though.

For some of the reasons pointed out here. But a great offensive mind, combined with all the rules protecting NFL QBs? Wilson is probably a playoff threat like Rodgers was/is.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

You really don't like responding to what a post actually says, do you?

Your continuous snarky, bad-faith strawmen are just heinous.

I didn't say, nor imply, that having a bad quarterback is a recipe for sustained success. You're arguing against a point that I didn't make, as usual.

Slow down and actually read the posts. Your intellectual dishonesty helps no one.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I can see there are some real doom and gloomers on this site...yes I agree with you... Geno is the best option at this point but another point I wanted to make is that he has the respect of his teammates and if he was a total loser as Fade seems to think he would not have his teammates respect.
Fade isnt trying to make honest points. He's just trolling with his sarcastic strawman arguments.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I think the D has a really great chance to be top10 if not top 5 for some reason which I cannot explain I have this feeling the pass rush is going to completely dominate... I think they have some really strong pass rushers on the D line as well the outside. I just see the secondary getting some turn overs.

I don't believe the O is going to be as bad as what people say too much talent around the QB position. this team has the chance to be really good if they stay healthy, I think this team is going to benefit from culture and great coaching.

xray

Reaction score
The pressure is off for the fans this year . No expectations . Enjoy the year off . I will .

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
The pressure is off for the fans this year . No expectations . Enjoy the year off . I will .
Disagree Rock,
I think Wilson does just fine.
Think the success Aaron Rodgers is having.

Misses the playoffs occasionally but sometimes goes farther.

No SuperBowls though.

For some of the reasons pointed out here. But a great offensive mind, combined with all the rules protecting NFL QBs? Wilson is probably a playoff threat like Rodgers was/is.
We will see. I believe he will do as well... probably make the play offs because the guy is amazing i just think he is his own worst enemy... I would bet 100 bucks Payton has been in his ear. I have zero respect for Payton Manning. i think i'm on the Keasley45 train when it comes to Wilson . his ego is out of control

GemCity

Reaction score
Somehow, I have the feeling That Wilson won't do any better in Denver than he did in Seattle
Wait. Like better than last year? If you’re talking last year and not cumulatively, I’d love to make a bet with you…and take your money.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
BS ^^ Really good Defenses CAN make REALLY GOOD Quarterbacks look 'MEDIOCRE'--> SEE SUPER Quarterback PAYTON MANNING IN SB 48, EH????