The truth is....

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
The two high safety problem is a horrible take on Wilson. Sure…it caused issues. But, he was often attempting, and completing, most of his passes in the 4th quarter as we were clawing back. Even the bottom tier defenses can play the two high safety card when it’s obvious the other team has to pass.

Not saying this is you, but the RW hate is strong on this site.

Dose of reality is coming real soon.
From my perspective its not hate its just something he didnt take responsibility for... to me its obvious. Sometimes a Qb has to take what the D gives them and move the chains, wait for a better opportunity. Wilson is good enough to thread the ball in there sometimes making throws that are just ridiculously incredible but when a D knows thats coming ya got to hit the check down and Wilson couldnt do it. Ok we will see what he looks like in Denver , thats fair enough... but i would bet that when play off time comes it going to be the same issue.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Russ outlived his value to us. What we got for him was worth more than keeping him was to us. He might have been the best long ball QB we'll ever have, but I would bet we might get a QB who can do other things better than Russ did. We're gonna end up being just fine with a solid team instead of just a great QB.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
NFL history. Look it up.
If you cannot support your "research" just admit it. You say you "researched it" in your original post and then provide zero support. Are we expected to just nod our heads, "well Fade says he researched it, it must be true?"

”In God we trust. All others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming

flv2

Reaction score
If you cannot support your "research" just admit it. You say you "researched it" in your original post and then provide zero support. Are we expected to just nod our heads, "well Fade says he researched it, it must be true?"

”In God we trust. All others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
I'd rather you post your opinions relating to football. :sneaky:(y)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Russ outlived his value to us. What we got for him was worth more than keeping him was to us. He might have been the best long ball QB we'll ever have, but I would bet we might get a QB who can do other things better than Russ did. We're gonna end up being just fine with a solid team instead of just a great QB.

From all reports and outward tensions between Russell and Pete, it was obvious Jody and the Hawks brass had to choose between allowing John and Pete to blow it up and rebuild, or fire Pete and John not even two years into their extensions and allow Russell and his agent/entourage to dictate their next hires.

So not a hard choice for me, you don't allow your QB total control over your organization.

So that's where were at, seeing if Pete and John can rebuild this thing and make another run. Do I think it'll work, eh, I'm not so confident.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Yeah, but you don't pay $450.00 a ticket to watch a coach walk up and down the sidelines and mumble into a headset.
On the other hand, Seahawks fans did fork out the $$ to see Russell Wilson for the last decade..

John63

Reaction score
A successful coach with a winning record on all levels, or a cancer in the locker room...?
Doesn't sound like Hollywood has had many friends for a long time..
You man a HC who had loosing record till he found the elite QB. As to cancer in the locker room..proof? Or this just more made up crap.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
No matter the field position, punting on 4th and 1 or inches.

Stubborn run game into stacked boxes.

Breaking the “BAIL ME OUT RUSS” glass in the 4th quarter.

Freaking out about interceptions and reverting back to an antiquated offense.

Playing to keep the game close rather than getting out ahead of a team.

Soft zone…while the other team marches down the field for 7 yards a play.

Bad drafts (sans this year) and trades.

O-line investment (what’s that)?

I suppose it was time for us to move on.

morgulon1

Reaction score
BS ^^ Really good Defenses CAN make REALLY GOOD Quarterbacks look 'MEDIOCRE'--> SEE SUPER Quarterback PAYTON MANNING IN SB 48, EH????
The legion dealt with " the forehead" in a brutal and harsh fashion. Seattle wins that game with Tavaris Jackson at qb. IMHO

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
The truth is, nothing you said here is a truth. What you stated was your opinion. Maybe change the title and tone to, my opinion of the matter is X...

Truth? Get outta here with your self indulgence garbage.
That's the funny thing about opinions. It is truth for the one expressing it. A bit disingenuous to claim your opinion is more valid as a truth than someone else's.

You do know you are free to not read or respond if what someone says is a trigger for you.

I appreciate reading the truths of everyone here (even your opinions) as most everything posted on a forum short of plain statistics is opinion and the basis for the beliefs that people are expressing.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
No, you actually don't need a complete team, but it helps. You do need an elite D-Line, or O-Line, preferably both without question.

I did some research a few years back. And I found virtually every, if not every Super Bowl Champ had either an elite D-Line, O-Line, or both.

But the modern rules have now made it so QB heavy, you have no shot to win the owl without a QB. Even if you're elite in the trenches. The Rams were the best team in football 2 years ago, but Goff was their QB. 20 years ago they still would've been the champs despite Goff. Not anymore.

You need the QB, D-Line and/or O-Line. Everything else is expendable. Any sort of high asset expenditure that isn't going to these positions is a mistake. Unless you're in luxury territory and need that final piece to put your team over the top at a position of weakness.

If the Seahawks keep spending high assets at Safety, Stack backer, WR, & RB, they won't win anything.

Their last draft was a step in the right directon. 2 OTs, and an Edge, with their first 4 picks.

Now imagine if they had taken 2 more OL-or-DL in the 2nd round instead of burning them on a WR and RB in the last 2 drafts, which can easily be found later in the draft.

Add on throwing TWO 1sts and a 3rd, AND making Jamal Adams the highest paid safety in the league. Take those picks and money, spend it on the trenches. They'd be much further along in the rebuild and really would be a QB away, or y'know just keep the one they had. WR, RB, LB, Safeties grow on trees in comparison to these much more valuable positions.

Maybe this last draft is an indicator the Seahawks are learning, though.
You wrote a lot but this doesn't say much other than what you think is necessary for success. The problem with this is you really haven't proven your theory. Not that you need to.

I'm sure the research you did a few years back would make for an interesting read.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
That's the funny thing about opinions. It is truth for the one expressing it. A bit disingenuous to claim your opinion is more valid as a truth than someone else's.

You do know you are free to not read or respond if what someone says is a trigger for you.

I appreciate reading the truths of everyone here (even your opinions) as most everything posted on a forum short of plain statistics is opinion and the basis for the beliefs that people are expressing.
I don't disagree. My point was, using the term "truth" undermined the whole post. Stating an opinion and sharing reasons for it is engaging discussion. Starting it with "truth" is just offensive, IMO.