If this is true, Sherman statue needs to go up now

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sherman's best quote ever, if this is true...

Originally posted by iLL49er:
When talking with Bay Area reporters Wednesday, Colin Kaepernick took what may or may not have been a little shot at the physical play of Seattle's defensive backs. Kaepernick was asked if the play of the Seahawks secondary lets them get away with stacking the box to stop the run, and the quarterback responded, "I think they get away with a lot of things on defense. The biggest thing is we have to go out and execute. It's not really something they did, it's what we didn't do."

Was Kaepernick saying that the Seahawks get away with too much physical play, maybe some defensive holding, as Jim Harbaugh suggested last year? Maybe, maybe not. No follow-up was asked about that, so maybe Kaepernick just meant it as a compliment, as if to say, "The Seattle Seahawks defense is so talented they can get away with taking risks to stop the run and the pass, things a less talented defense might not be willing to attempt. I have great respect for what they do." Well actually, that's too long of an answer for Kaepernick.

Whatever Kaepernick meant, Richard Sherman was asked about the comment, and as you'd expect, the Seahawks corner had a good response.

"We got away with three picks, two fumbles, five turnovers," Sherman said. "We got away with a 29-3 victory. That's the way it looked to me."

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... ad/page49/

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Yep. It's true. Saw it on Twitter earlier from the local sports guys

bestfightstory

Reaction score
My God, Kaepernick is just asking for more. Already providing bulletin board material for December.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bestfightstory":vl8yupaw said:
My God, Kaepernick is just asking for more. Already providing bulletin board material for December.
For as smart as the niner trolls claim the Kraepper is, he has absolutely zero common sense!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sherman said it today in his media session:

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2013/09/19/sherman-we-got-away-with-a-29-3-victory/

A day after 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick said the Seahawks “get away with a lot of things on defense,” Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman had a chance to respond during his weekly Thursday media session.

“We got away with three picks, two fumbles, five turnovers,” Sherman said. “We got away with a 29-3 victory, it looked like. That’s the way it looked to me.”

J0L98.AuSt.5.JPG

HawkWow

Reaction score
Right on Sherm. Well stated.

IF Kaep were smart, he'd just stfu. Sherman is our mouthpiece, perhaps appointed as such by our head coach and Kaep (etc) would do well to not give us anything that can be turned on him, or his team, like the exchange above. When trying to match wits with Sherman, most are bringing a knife to a gunfight.

General Manager

Reaction score
Sherman was asked last year about third down convertions. Sherman's response ,well it's nothing specific if it was they would use it against us every time and we are the number 1 defense .

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
"We got away with three picks, two fumbles, five turnovers," Sherman said

Owned.

Wait, do people say 'owned' anymore?

Whatever, Owned.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
To be perfectly fair, it is kind of hard to know what Kaep meant by the statement. I could see it being a perfectly innocent remark that the media has manipulated into trash talk.

But if our guys choose to use it as further motivation to beat 'em... cool.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seriously, in a battle of wits, Kaepernick is completely unarmed in this one.

SE174

Reaction score
Kaep throws it up, Sherm picks it off again. Some people never learn.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1h09cipy said:
What do the ninny trolls have to say about this?

Think they're too busy trying to get people banned over on their boards...