If you could choose is this way you wanted to win

Starrman44

Reaction score
Blowout wins all the time. I love them. I love wondering if we are going to go blowout (30-14 or something) super blowout (42-13 or so) or mega blowout (58-0).

I think 43-8 was Super!

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I think it went out perfect for me a leave no doubt we were the best team . Couldn't have been any better

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Only thing that would make it better would be a shutout. Just because those guys deserved to be the first to do it.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Devils advocate here.

Part of me does wish that OUR SB would have been a more memorable one, I dislike that in general it will be remembered as a boring one. I hate that casual observers were leaving parties or going to bed at half time.

Don't even think of questioning my fan hood for saying that. I am not the only one.

Of course on the other hand I couldn't be happier that this team had a performance for the ages. So I'm not unhappy with the way it went down, at all, but "if I could choose" i might choose a more dramatic and epic conclusion.

On the other hand, in terms of the long term legacy of our defense specifically, this is a pretty cool statement.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
The game was almost perfect. I say almost because here's what I would change if I was a football god:

1) The Broncos don't get that TD, making it the only shutout in SB history; or ... if you must allow Denver that TD, don't allow the two-point conversion so Seattle ties the 1974 Steelers for fewest points allowed in a SB (shut out would have been better).

2) Two more Seattle touchdowns, surpassing the '89 Forty-Whiners team for most points scored in a Super Bowl.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Oh it will be memorable!

It will be 85 Bears Memorable!

The Legion of Boom just became LEGENDARY!

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Yep, I asked for domination in all three phases and I got it. This is a resounding victory, no smart nor any individual with a grasp on sanity will ever be able to diminish or deny. This was our finest hour (till we win it again next year).

droop828

Reaction score
I wanted a 50-0 win. The Denver TD sucked to e honest. Our team let everyone know who the best was and shut up the Peyton talk.

godawg

Reaction score
Loved the blowout--was hoping for the shutout. Hardcore football fan (LA Rams) in my office suite said it was the most impressive Super Bowl performance he'd ever seen, and he loved watching it, particularly the LOB coverage and the tackling. I'd heard a lot of casual fans saying they wanted to see a "better game," but I was glad to see that someone who really knows the game appreciated how exceptional our performance was.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I loved the blowout. I'll buy the DVD of it to watch it again.

My only regrets are that 1) there was no shutout, and 2) it didn't randomly go into overtime so that we could have scored even more.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I wanted a blowout!!!!! I wanted to enjoy the game.. I couldnt eat before the game.. by the time the second quarter rolled around i was knee deep in hot wings...

EDIT*

Only thing I wouldve changed was I wouldve liked to see a 50 burger

MagHawk

Reaction score
Nope - this is what I wanted!

No question, and no doubt!

A huge victory over the hated Donkeys!

No real animosity for the players on that team at this point* - but to see Elway watch it all slip away made me happy!

*Edit: Except for Wes Welker - I really don't like that guy!

SeahawkSack

Reaction score
Depends on the circumstance! The last two games ended perfectly!

Love the blow out of the Broncos as it made a statement to the World!! Leave No Doubt!

On the other hand, the NFCCG while absolutely tense and heart attack inducing finished with a RUSH of euphoric joy for us on Sherman's play in the end zone. One dramatic climax (if you will) to a epic game! It also produced an equally proportionate opposite effect for our biggest rival - devastating heartbreak!

If you flip the question inside out and ask how would you rather lose? I think many of us would say blow out. You can shake the pain of being blown out easier than just barely missing it! It is embarrassing for sure but easier to get over. I am not over losing to the Falcons last year, I am not over losing to the Rams in 2004, I am not even over losing any of the games we lost this year!

Jac

Reaction score
Given that we were going up against the #1 offense of all time, supposedly the greatest QB ever, and an era that favors offensive football...the way this game played out puts it into instant "legendary" status. They'll always bucket this one with the legendary '85 Bears team. You can't replace that. You can't even really dream that.

seahawksny

Reaction score
49thHawk":3q8hxciz said:
I've heard a couple times now from Hawk supporters that they are glad we won but would have enjoyed a closer game, even a comeback win for the Hawks.

I can understand that from someone who isn't a Hawks fan who just wanted to watch a good game but last night was a beyond my wildest expectations as a Hawks fan.

First of all, I couldn't take a close game or, heaven forbid, a come from behind victory. I would have had a cardiac.

Second of all, if it was close, the "experts" and non Hawks fans would have pointed to a couple plays that should've gone the other way but for luck or bad calls. They would said Manning got robbed.

No, the only thing better would have been if we scored on those two field goals and Lynch ran for 225 yds and a couple more TD's. Okay, go crazy and Hauschka does a fake and runs one in.

But last night's result was perfection enough for me. What would you have wanted to see different -- if anything.

This was perfect. No Trent Dilfers or other clowns to say "Well if it wasnt for this call and that call etc"

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Jac":2chrov2o said:
Given that we were going up against the #1 offense of all time, supposedly the greatest QB ever, and an era that favors offensive football...the way this game played out puts it into instant "legendary" status. They'll always bucket this one with the legendary '85 Bears team. You can't replace that. You can't even really dream that.

Very nice post..

:thirishdrinkers:

kinesmajor

Reaction score
They only thing missing was marshawn not having a "huge" game. He did score and earned his skittles. Just not great numbers (yards or ypc)

Russell 2tds
Marshawn Td
Defense picks fumbles hits and a Td
Special teams/ Percy Td
12th man shows in jersey (loud!)

This game had everything a hawk fan could ask for!!!!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It was absolutely exactly how I wanted it. A game that Seahawks fans would enjoy fully. An ass kicking so severe that there was never any doubt and that the players could enjoy being part of.

We were rewarded for hours during that game. It was truly entertaining to see how many different ways the Hawks could score and how many different ways they could stop Denver.