If you could switch QBs with any other team, would you?

Northhawk

Reaction score
I think RW is the best QB for the Hawks. With our O-line troubles, we need a mobile QB who can think on his feet and act as a calm leader. I can't think of a QB who better fits that description than RW.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Logically speaking there are probably some QB's that would have more possible up side when it comes to stats. Maybe in some cases those stats mean wins.

However no QB has won more games in his first two years.

Personally I have no problem with letting my emotions say my opinions and decisions. I'll stick with Wilson because I like everything about the guy. With the possible exception of being on 'fox and friends."

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I almost would take a Brady or Luck but without Russ doing his escapes and low turnover rate..I don't know if we win the Super Bowl so...I keep RW

bandiger

Reaction score
Let me know of another QB that can survive with a shitty O-line over half a season and lead the team towards a superbowl. I'm surprised this question can still be asked after such a season.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Throwdown":3qqulc4w said:
I question your morality if you'd take Rodgers anywhere near this team unless it's him and his packers getting curb stomped by us

Rodgers is relatively young, a clutch champion, and has the most complete skill set of any QB in the game. There is nothing immoral about being objective.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Uh, no. Russell Wilson is basically Pete Carroll incarnate with elite athleticism and a cannon-arm. No other QB would fit this team better. Sorry. Rodgers? No. Dude throws the prettiest spiral I've seen, but who knows how good he is outside of GB's spread offense and with limited throwing opps? Luck? Sorry, mass turnovers are unacceptable. Eventually, physical potential has to actually translate to consistent performance to mean anything.

This is what Pete Carroll said on February 27, 2012 on his ideal QB:

Pete Carroll:

"We're looking for a great competitor. We're looking for a guy that can really carry it when it's tough and make plays when you need it to happen, that affects guys around him in a real positive way because of what he brings."

"There's a lot more to it than just physical stature," Carroll said, continuing to outline his quarterback requirements, "but really, we'd like to have a guy that can run a little bit and complement the running game and do something for us -- get out on the edge and threaten enough to keep the run game that we're so committed to alive and at its best."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... uarterback

You think he found the guy he was looking for?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1755m4id said:
I like RW better than the other QBs and he's worked so well for this system (obviously). However, the potential is there for the other QBs to be better than RW, and I think JS and PC could make a player like RG3 play to his full potential. There are also a lot of other factors that make this realistic such as the salary cap.

i.e. If you're not willing to take Rodgers over Wilson, you're blind. Could you imagine the threat of an elite QB like Rodgers (who is also mobile) combined with our current running game. The Seahawks are already great, but they would be SCARY at this point. However, Rodgers cost way more money than Wilson, and therefore you have salary cap issues, which is why if you have a QB like Rodgers (Peyton, Brady) you can't have teams that surround them like this current Hawks team.

But salary cap aside, if we were to just keep the same exact team and trade QBs. Yeah, Luck, Rodgers, maybe even RG3 or Cam would be my picks. I think we still need a mobile QB threat to make the system work. Rodgers is obviously a better passer than RW, Luck I'm still on the fence because of his interceptions. The others have more POTENTIAL than RW and I think our coaching staff could make them greater than what RW is currently doing. That's my 2 cents. I love Russell Wilson, but the OP asked an honest question and I'm giving an honest answer.
Color me blind then, as Wilson has done every bit as good with supposedly less talented Receivers, and Rodgers is NOT as MOBILE as Russell Wilson, he's just NOT.
If the Seahawks were to decide that they wanted to go with a pass happy Offense, you'd have to concede some ball control, and more chances for interception turnovers.

Here's a simplification for you, I have a super high dollar scope on my rifle, and I'm nailing the bulls eye dead center, and I also have much less expensive rifle with open sights, and I'm still hitting the bulls eye dead center, do I really need that scope to get the job done?, nope.
Russell Wilson had a shit for protection O-Line for most of this last Season, and he still managed to take a whole bunch of hits, hurries and sacks (more than just about anyone in the League), AND STILL eke out enough wins to hit that target dead center, and bring home that Lombardi.
How many hurries, hits, and sacks did Rodgers take last Season, and how many wins?
I'm happy to stay with the Pat Hand that we were dealt with RW.

P.S., You don't think that the Seahawks are "SCARY" enough?, I sure as hell do.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I'll take Fran Tarkenton Jr. over anybody else in the NFL...even Matt Flynn ;) (that was for Throwdown who probably would have banned me back in the day)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
volsunghawk":2qfntld3 said:
Hell yes, I'd trade QBs!

Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Manning, Foles, Newton... I would trade Tarvaris for any of them.

How. Damn. DARE YOU!?

lukerguy

Reaction score
Considering contract and age, probably not. Considering Age and not considering contract, Rodgers. Not considering either, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":3csvqegx said:
Hell no, are you serious?

Aaron Rodgers is a male with female emotions
Brady & Manning? No
Kaepernick? puhleeze
Newton? I like the guy but hes no Russell God Damn Wilson
Luck? pfft
Griffin? pfft

Russell Wilson is amazing, and I love him.

Spot on assessment sir!

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'd have to take Russ, and not just for his obvious physical prowess, but his big-ass brain. The guy is just dialed in and relentlessly prepared for every game. Then to top it off, he's the anti-Kaepernick... Meaning he's not a self-loving, show-off douche-bag. These are very good times for us. When was the last time that, by far, most of us can say we wouldn't trade our QB for any other in the league? Never, that's when. And he loves Seattle, coach Carroll, John Schneider, the Seahawks organization, the 12th Man and his whole situation right now. I seriously doubt we will ever see him in another uniform, and that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! I have an absolute man-crush on him and after winning the Big One, he's setting up to be the new Peyton Manning of advertising nationally. It's already begun. The only QB problems we should have for at least the next 10+ years is who the #2 is gonna be. Too short MY ASS! GO HAWKS!

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Guy goes to the Children's Hospital every week, ends every interview with Go Hawks, goes to the Super Bowl between Ravens and 9ers just to get the flow and timing, Wins the job right out of college, last one in, last one out, studies tape every waking moment and BRINGS THE 12s OUR FIRST SUPERBOWL?!!!

Take Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Manning and cram em up your fecal funnel. Wilson is man.