If YOU were Hawks O.C. for this Game

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Gotta start with knowing what you have to work with, and what they are up against. No Miller, no Unger, Okung is playing hurt/like crap (against Quinn!), and Carpenter is practically a one trick pony. So that leaves Sweezy, Britt, Coleman and Willson or Helfett to do the lions share of the pass protecting. Prescription: lots of Marshawn, lots of Wilson improvisation, Get our fast guys involved on long routes, a boot up the arse of the first O-lineman to draw a penalty, and the second boot for the first receiver to drop a pass!

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans said:
Gotta start with knowing what you have to work with, and what they are up against. No Miller, no Unger, Okung is playing hurt/like crap (against Quinn!), and Carpenter is practically a one trick pony.

This will be the biggest hurdle!

I think Seattle needs to let Okung sit and replace him by committee( Bailey, Gilliam and McDonald) We have all seen enough of Okung gett'n beat. It may be because of injury or he just has lost it. It's time to let the hungry/healthy play and seize the opportunity of being a starter.

Bold thought? Maybe but Quinn will make his presents felt no matter who's defending him!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Run
Run
Pass

Pass
Run
Run

Run
Pass
Pass

Run
Pass
Run

Wait..this isn't Madden?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Open first drive with play action pass. After all the hoopla about running the ball. Itd be a surprise.

Wagon12

Reaction score
I'm guessing they use virtually the identical gameplan vs. us as they used against the Niners... They will sell out to stop the run... So, we air it out a la Kaepernick for 300 yards and win this one through the air attack! Harvin out on the PERIMETER RUNNING ROUTES WOULD BE NICE!

StoneCold

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":bz8kf7ze said:
I would call plays that work instead of ones that don't.

Winner, winner. If half of those plays to Harvin had gained some yards this thread would not exist. I think this is largely a case of if it works you're a genius and if not you're fired!

SC

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
StoneCold":1vgkxoa2 said:
Zebulon Dak":1vgkxoa2 said:

Winner, winner. If half of those plays to Harvin had gained some yards this thread would not exist. I think this is largely a case of if it works you're a genius and if not you're fired!

SC
Because none of us have ever discussed negative play calling aspects after a win before.

Oh, wait...some of us do in fact do that.

Tical21

Reaction score
And some of us discuss negative playcalling after we amass a bazillion yards of total offense and hang 34 on somebody.

StoneCold

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":165rd6lg said:
StoneCold":165rd6lg said:
Zebulon Dak":165rd6lg said:

SC
Because none of us have ever discussed negative play calling aspects after a win before.

Oh, wait...some of us do in fact do that.

Some people just like to focus on the negative even when the sun is shining. :0190l:

SC

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Give Lynch 20+ carries. No more option plays to Bryan Walters. Run the ball a lot then go in for the kill with a deep Play Action Pass to Harvin around midfield.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
StoneCold":1mtmobxf said:
Some people just like to focus on the negative even when the sun is shining. :0190l:

SC
There's no such thing as simply discussing ways you think a team can improve, is there? Always has to be petulant whining, apparently?

seahawks08

Reaction score
I will try to have the special teams on the field most of the time trying for pick six:) Harvin was injured, so he did not have the speed, without speed, defenses can catch up. I would have removed all the plays that has to beat the defense by speed using Harvin and only put the plays for runs, get to 3rd and short situations and do bubble screens all day long. I would do everything possible to set the running game up and early and have Wilson keep throwing some balls to receivers on the slants or deep balls, for him to be in rhythm with the receivers. I will keep my offense on the field for longer and not try 2 minute drills so that the defense can get some rest. Redzone, I will make sure we run pass pass, pass run pass, pass, pass run.. whatever makes the team get touch downs. I will also give an ear full to the side judge everytime they call a penalty on us:)

A

Anonymous

RunTheBall":3l8jp6id said:
Give Lynch 20+ carries. No more option plays to Bryan Walters. Run the ball a lot then go in for the kill with a deep Play Action Pass to Harvin around midfield.

So, no short or intermediate passing at all then?

:mrgreen:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
had2bhawk":3urhby8u said:
Evil_Shenanigans":3urhby8u said:
Gotta start with knowing what you have to work with, and what they are up against. No Miller, no Unger, Okung is playing hurt/like crap (against Quinn!), and Carpenter is practically a one trick pony.

This will be the biggest hurdle!

I think Seattle needs to let Okung sit and replace him by committee( Bailey, Gilliam and McDonald) We have all seen enough of Okung gett'n beat. It may be because of injury or he just has lost it. It's time to let the hungry/healthy play and seize the opportunity of being a starter.

Bold thought? Maybe but Quinn will make his presents felt no matter who's defending him!

I agree about sitting Okung but the hold up may be that he is our most experienced lineman. Britt is a rookie, Carp is learning on the job, and with Unger out we have a third team center out there trying to make line calls. If we sit Okung too then Sweezy becomes our most experienced lineman and three years ago he was a DE! Heck even our tight end is a third team player.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I would always have a RB in (even if it's Percy). Pick up the delay blitz, play action, and outlet when no one is open.

When do we get paid?

irocdave

Reaction score
Zero throws to Percy behind the LOS, Lynch gets 20 touches on the ground, 5 touches for Turbin if that, try to get the TE a couple passes over the middle, several plays with Lockette running WFO on the side lines or deep crossing routes, and a couple passes to Lynch out of the backfield.

Basically take last weeks charted play calls and do the opposite. Not calling for DB's head, but it was really frustrating to watch last games terrible play calling. The Hawks O starts and ends with Lynch, Wilson isn't capable of carrying the team yet and last weekend was a perfect example of what the Hawks O would look like without Lynch. Expecting receivers to be running around wide open doesn't happen often in the NFL (broken backyard football plays are not typical) so RW needs to get the ball out quick and with pin point accuracy more often. Unless of course you become a pass first team with a top 5 elite QB and have the O line to protect the QB consistently. We don't have either and trying to will that to happen didn't work.

Anthony!

Reaction score
irocdave":1p10ple6 said:
Zero throws to Percy behind the LOS, Lynch gets 20 touches on the ground, 5 touches for Turbin if that, try to get the TE a couple passes over the middle, several plays with Lockette running WFO on the side lines or deep crossing routes, and a couple passes to Lynch out of the backfield.

Basically take last weeks charted play calls and do the opposite. Not calling for DB's head, but it was really frustrating to watch last games terrible play calling. The Hawks O starts and ends with Lynch, Wilson isn't capable of carrying the team yet and last weekend was a perfect example of what the Hawks O would look like without Lynch. Expecting receivers to be running around wide open doesn't happen often in the NFL (broken backyard football plays are not typical) so RW needs to get the ball out quick and with pin point accuracy more often. Unless of course you become a pass first team with a top 5 elite QB and have the O line to protect the QB consistently. We don't have either and trying to will that to happen didn't work.

Got to disagree with some of this Wilson just carried this team to a win against Was and has done so many times. What Wilson cannot do though is carry a team with little blocking, bad play calling and WR dropping passes or not getting open and then also not running the ball. All the franchise QBs have help see below for examples

Luck - 6th pass blocking o-line and has TY Hilton, Wyane, Nicks to throw to
P Manning- 4th pass blocking o-line and he has Thomas, Welker, Sanders
Brady 19th ranked pass blocking o-line (ours is now ranked 28th) and he has Gronk, Edelman
Rodger o-line ranked 19th in pass blocking and has Nelson, Cobb to throw to
Brees o-line ranked 5th and he has Graham, cooks, Colson,
Ryan 7th pass blocking o-line and he has Hester, Jones, White, Smith
Rivers 9th o-line, and he has gates, Floyd, Royal, Allen

Our best wr (harivn is not being used as a wr) is Baldwin and he is not were near as good as any of thse QBs #1 and our O-line is 23rd in pass blocking and was 32nd last year. We have a QB that can get the job done, but we do not have the oline, wr, and play calling. I mean imagine WIlson behind Lucks o-line with his WRs, or with Dez or any #1? He would be incredible. Remember this is a QB in Wilson who has set records, in the only QB in NFL history to have a QB rating over 100 in his first 2 seasons, and who despite last week is still in the top 10 in QB rating, td/int ratio and prior to last game was in the top 5 in everything but yards. We also had 8+ drops in the last 2 games. Every QB not matter who they are needs some help last week Wilson got none. These are the things Millan, Huard, Moon and Holmgren all said. As I said we have QB who has proven when he can be a top 5 QB and was just voted top 5 by the players, but even a top 5 qb needs some help and last week he got none.