Ifedi on Cable

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Come on, guys. He's not even expressing displeasure at the news. He's just showing gratitude to Cable, who likely stuck his neck out for him for him to even be selected and invested a lot of time in his development and growth.

It's a gracious tweet and I was happy to read it.

Msfann

Reaction score
"Tom is the man. Thankyou for committing to help me grow."

He thanked him for committing to help him grow, not for actually doing it. (kidding)

WmHBonney

Reaction score
InadvertentSmell":2rkqkh40 said:
original poster":2rkqkh40 said:
I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.

....I'm glad to see he can block someone.

Wow. This is short and sweet and one of the best posts I have seen in here in a very long time! A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HoldYourHawk":21hyr5dh said:
Ifedi's style of play reminds me of a Lazy Susan on a dining room table.

Ifedi's actually a beast, tall, long and crazy reach and strength.

His problem even going back to college is his technique, just HORRIBLE habits with posture, footwork and hand technique. Which was Cable's job to fix all that, and he failed Ifedi miserably.

Not good guard material either, usually you want those guys a little shorter and lower half stronger to deal with DT's. So not sure what to do with Ifedi, other than make him a permanent backup.

One thing I do know, he can't be the starting LT next year..............unless the new line coach can come in here and work a miracle.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
InadvertentSmell":37dc79pp said:
original poster":37dc79pp said:

This is the funniest player post I've read here in years.

:2thumbs:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
InadvertentSmell":9sa3rlbr said:
original poster":9sa3rlbr said:

LMAO

Anyway to the thread topic, anyone who read the Dion Jordan SI article should be able to figure this out. Cable is a father figure like, hands on guy that players love. Does that mean he's great at his job? Nope, it does matter in terms of team unity and chemistry however, which is important.

Danny Darko

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":4xocjg9s said:
With this tweet from Ifedi, I'd say Cable took his anger management too far. The man who cost our team more penalties than some offensive lines combined should not like the man who's supposed to hold him accountable for those failures.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GermainX1/status/951262882204913664[/tweet]

That's actually another false start from Germain. He meant-

"Tom is the man. Thank you for committing to help me grow... a dank batch of Northern Lights."

red grenadine

Reaction score
Rather have a coach players hate but makes them better than a coach who players love who lets them be lazy and suck

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
red grenadine":qi0ynnze said:
Rather have a coach players hate but makes them better than a coach who players love who lets them be lazy and suck

Cable's an old school hard ass, dude once punched his assistant the hell out in Oakland. So being hated probably wasn't his problem.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
InadvertentSmell":3ei9mxwk said:
original poster":3ei9mxwk said:

Dang... not even halfway through January and the Post of the Year award has already been claimed

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2qrwf84h said:
HoldYourHawk":2qrwf84h said:

His problem even going back to college is his technique, just HORRIBLE habits with posture, footwork and hand technique. Which was Cable's job to fix all that, and he failed Ifedi miserably.

Not good guard material either, usually you want those guys a little shorter and lower half stronger to deal with DT's. So not sure what to do with Ifedi, other than make him a permanent backup.

One thing I do know, he can't be the starting LT next year..............unless the new line coach can come in here and work a miracle.
OR maybe a decent POSITION Coach can help him break a couple of his bad habits + Ifedi wasn't the only Seahawks O-Lineman that needed Coaching up.
By the way, wasn't Pete Carroll's son, Tom Cable's assistant?
It would be a shame to see someone with Ifedi's physical tools get shit-canned over poor Coaching.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":312zrnzn said:
Sgt. Largent":312zrnzn said:
HoldYourHawk":312zrnzn said:

OR maybe a decent POSITION Coach can help him break a couple of his bad habits + Ifedi wasn't the only Seahawks O-Lineman that needed Coaching up.
By the way, wasn't Pete Carroll's son, Tom Cable's assistant?
It would be a shame to see someone with Ifedi's physical tools get shit-canned over poor Coaching.

No it wasn't Carroll's son that got punched out, some guy named Randy Hanson............and like I said above, yes we hope our new line coach and work his magic on Ifedi, the measurables are definitely there.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3j3m63gl said:
One thing I do know, he can't be the starting LT next year.
Wash your mouth out with soap for even saying LT in a thread about Ifedi :shock:

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2f63oier said:
No it wasn't Carroll's son that got punched out, some guy named Randy Hanson............and like I said above, yes we hope our new line coach and work his magic on Ifedi, the measurables are definitely there.

Even I'll admit Ifedi's measurables were impressive for 2017.

False Starts 9
Holding 8
Unnecessary Roughness 2
Taunting 1

adeltaY

Reaction score
Seymour":2ygmvfuo said:
Sgt. Largent":2ygmvfuo said:

Even I'll admit Ifedi's measurables were impressive for 2017.

False Starts 9
Holding 8
Unnecessary Roughness 2
Taunting 1

Hahahahaha love ya Seymour.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
red grenadine":3rp6jsbm said:

It never works that way. The modern day coach doesn't have to be a rah rah guy but they still have to want to play for you. Players have more power these days and if their talent is high enough will be more than willing to move on

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Whomever the next OL coach, please move Ifedi back to right guard. Listen to Walter Jones!