Impressed today

Happypuppy

Reaction score
We only have gave up around 250 or so on D that is very good. Wilson 320 passing. Some work sure; some bright spots too

OkieHawk

Reaction score
This season I see RW carrying this team on his back in tough situations. He proved that today IMO.

muxpux

Reaction score
ya, may not be the most dominating, or exciting performance, but definitely a lot of positives.

grizbob

Reaction score
If we dodged the injury bug, this game was everything we could ask for. :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

BattleOfSeattle

Reaction score
As Montana noted in the GameDay Chat: we held them to 7 points in their house with 5 of our defensive starters out, including 4 of our best pass rushers. As good as their defensive line and front seven is, it wasn't too surprising for me to see our lack of success running the ball for most of the game. I sort of expected it. They were also the beneficiaries of some god awful calls. Michael Bennet facemask penalty to extend their drive in the 4th quarter, anyone? All things considered, I think we played pretty well.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Damn proud. I admit there were points in the game where I was getting my old grumpy pessimistic away game self revved up but even I kept telling myself..."You win the game in the 4th quarter."

Wilson never gets rattled. Damn Jedi.

OrFan

Reaction score
Thank goodness for Lasik, the player of the game.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Clutch team today, about time we got an opening day road win also.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
No doubt.

There were a handful of elements stacked against Seattle (as is the case with most road games), but Seattle played a gutsy game (Carolina did as well, RESPECT) and came out with the hard earned victory.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
No way am I disappointed.
1. 10 am start
2. 4 starters out
3. Up against an elite front 7
4. Containing Cam on the road

No disappointment here just happiness.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Someone had to lose that game and it would be a hard one to swallow. But the Hawks hung in there, got the job done and came out with the win. Great game, great win. Really happy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Peaches made some good points. Got a W and that's all that matters. Lots of stuff to work on and most of it fixable. After watching this game they will see there is a ton of room for improvement. Game was also a wake up call and also a reminder to not get too big of britches!
Hopefully we will get a bunch of guys back next week and dominate the ninnies!

PryorFamily

Reaction score
Any good team will leave a game, W or L, with stuff to work on. I'm much happier seeing the Hawks gut one out in the 4th than seeing them blow a team out and getting mentally lazy. This was the BEST outcome going into maybe the biggest game on our schedule at home! Super happy about it. And we were able to rest Avril and Browner, not pushing it and cause a lingering injury.

GREAT GAME!

HawkWow

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ncu7peoy said:
I know many of you are disappointed, but I for one am very impressed with the Seahawks today. Penalties still need work, and the O-line needs to be better, but that Carolina front-7 is legit, and their run game was effective due to the fear of a Newton run. Missing 4 defensive starters, in the 90-some degree heat and high humidity, at 10am PST, all the way across the country, I was impressed with how the Seahawks kept on plodding along, staying with their gameplan, doing the things they needed to do to win.

Next week, we absolutely kill the 49ers. Book it.

Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy, my brutha in all that is Frank.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
The best part for me was we won with a score of 12 to start the year. That in it's self is a huge win.

Latest posts