Injuries are derailing our season again.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is hard to use injuries as an excuse when the only reason this team has a rational expectation to win the division is that the 49ers were hammered themselves with a slew of injuries.

The hard part is going to be what kind of team we field against the 49ers. Because we will almost certainly be outcoached by the 49ers coaches, who look better at everything but scouting/development (and even then not far behind).

We shouldn't complain about injuries when it is the only reason we were a relevant threat in the first place.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
NJlargent":32tcd7yg said:
Flyingsquad23":32tcd7yg said:
NJlargent":32tcd7yg said:
Flyingsquad23":32tcd7yg said:
How is this a reply? Oh I see you have nothing to prove your point. Ok see you WC weekend

I don’t feel like replying and proving it to you is not a concern of mine. You think PC is not hurting the team. I can’t change that as it is a question of expectations. For me, with Russell Wilson, getting blown out in a divisional round game is underwhelming. PC’s game management, stubbornness and draft skills are a mess. And the handling of the 49 loss killed a potential dynasty.

Ok so you can reply with some snark and some bogus unsubstantiated claims but not to the point I was asking about.

And Draft skills...wow. 6 out of 8 picks from the last have have contributed this year and an eighth should make it. Could’ve been all of them if Taylor did have a setback. And since he has been here 6 potential HOF’ers. Not to mention dozens of players still active in the NFL. I don’t mind different options but can you at least put some thought into it.

6 out of 8 have contributed? Can you elaborate? While you’re at it, please elaborate on the first round picks the past few years.

Brooks- playing
Lewis-playing
Dallas-playing
Robinson-played
Swaim-playing
Sullivan-played
And Parkinson should go soon. So how about those HOF’ers...need some info on those as well.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":uc0ciygy said:
One has to wonder if we will struggle playing the Jets next week?

If we lose to the Jets next week, ownership will need to seriously take a second look at Carroll and ask if he still has the juice to lead this squad.

Zap90

Reaction score
Reaneypark":p7dhe2zy said:
Nah, every team has injuries.

Disagree the chiefs and Rams don’t have injuries but I do understand you can’t blame injuries for losing games

TypeSly

Reaction score
Jerhawk":pnqfa7fx said:
Bigpumpkin":pnqfa7fx said:

If we lose to the Jets next week, ownership will need to seriously take a second look at Carroll and ask if he still has the juice to lead this squad.

After a freshly renewed 5-year contract, I highly doubt that.

Zap90

Reaction score
TypeSly":kzrs18yr said:
Jerhawk":kzrs18yr said:
Bigpumpkin":kzrs18yr said:

After a freshly renewed 5-year contract, I highly doubt that.

It depends when you start tanking now or in 5 years?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":27llcgp3 said:
NJlargent":27llcgp3 said:
Flyingsquad23":27llcgp3 said:
NJlargent":27llcgp3 said:
I don’t feel like replying and proving it to you is not a concern of mine. You think PC is not hurting the team. I can’t change that as it is a question of expectations. For me, with Russell Wilson, getting blown out in a divisional round game is underwhelming. PC’s game management, stubbornness and draft skills are a mess. And the handling of the 49 loss killed a potential dynasty.

Ok so you can reply with some snark and some bogus unsubstantiated claims but not to the point I was asking about.

And Draft skills...wow. 6 out of 8 picks from the last have have contributed this year and an eighth should make it. Could’ve been all of them if Taylor did have a setback. And since he has been here 6 potential HOF’ers. Not to mention dozens of players still active in the NFL. I don’t mind different options but can you at least put some thought into it.

6 out of 8 have contributed? Can you elaborate? While you’re at it, please elaborate on the first round picks the past few years.

Brooks- playing
Lewis-playing
Dallas-playing
Robinson-played
Swaim-playing
Sullivan-played
And Parkinson should go soon. So how about those HOF’ers...need some info on those as well.

I think you meant Darrell Taylor. should go soon. Colby Parkinson has been playing. Not a ton of snaps, but on the field. I agree, if Taylor makes it to the field, it would be pretty awesome to have the Hawks go 7-for-7 on their draft choices in terms of them making the team and getting on the field and contributing. IIRC, 7th round TE Sullivan even has a *sack*, of all the ways to contribute.

The last news I saw about Darrell Taylor made it look somewhat doubtful we'll see him this season.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2rqwvcqe said:

We’ll play down to their level. It’s going to be a close game. Also, Watch us get our butt kicked against the WFT. Alex Smith is playing well and the WFT pass defense is top 3 in the league and the run defense is top 15.

W

Welshers

If there is an undiagnosed injury to Russ from the Arizona game then yes injuries could be derailing our season. Other than that, no. Every team has injuries. The giants lost their star RB and their QB.

Does anyone know how long a concussion can effect your physical performance? Could Russ still be suffering from one against Arizona?

RCATES

Reaction score
Lmao Giants were missing half their starters. Most importantly their starting Qb. Every team has injuries.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":3usnxjdu said:
Nah, every team has injuries.

This. How did the Niners have as many injuries as they have yet not have the historic WORST DEFENSE IN HISTORY?

O-line injuries or not, you have back-up and lesser QBs putting up more points than this offense recently.

Let's not play the injury card here.