Injuries are derailing our season again.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
So tired of the injuries this team just doesn't have the depth to withstand them . This O-line today was the worst it's been in the Pete Carroll era . If this Offense doesn't turn it around fast were looking at a first round exit in the playoffs.

seabowl

Reaction score
The O line today was bad but in no way was this their worst. Russ was running for his life every play 3 years ago.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
seabowl":19tr76wg said:
The O line today was bad but in no way was this their worst. Russ was running for his life every play 3 years ago.

I can't remember it looking this horrid so we'll have to agree to disagree and it doesn't change the facts on the ground if it doesn't improve there screwed.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
And the Giants lost the best RB in the game week 1.

Being down a backup RT should not be a deal breaker in and of itself.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Our antiquated coaching system is derailing our season again.

AgentDib

Reaction score
In my view we've handled the various injuries on defense surprisingly well, with good depth play from Reed, Flowers and Neal over the last few weeks and an important trade for Dunlap. We haven't weathered things on offense as well, but remember that Chad Wheeler was playing as a 4th string RT and when you get that deep into a position then everybody struggles.

One thing to consider is that we clearly want Carson and Dissly available for the playoffs this season, and went to great lengths to bring in Hyde and Olsen to keep their snap counts lower. I don't necessarily agree that the coaching staff overlooked this opponent but I do think it is very clear they have made a deliberate choice to keep looking at the bigger picture over the last two weeks in particular. That could backfire spectacularly if we miss the playoffs, but if we do make them then I suspect there will be a huge change in personnel usage and Carson will get 30+ touches if he's averaging 5 YPC in a game.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3qxp9s3n said:
And the Giants lost the best RB in the game week 1.

Being down a backup RT should not be a deal breaker in and of itself.

Maybe what i do know is i've seen a sharp decline in the O-line over the last 4 weeks and it hit a new low today. So injuries or not the O-line is garbage and were likely losing to the first team we play on the playoffs if it doesn't get fixed.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
NJlargent":j962nck5 said:

Can you elaborate? The Hawks are 8-4 and still in contention for the Division and the #1 seed. Their QB is in the top of the league and a proven winner. What is derailed?

NJlargent

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2mcva2wj said:
NJlargent":2mcva2wj said:

Can you elaborate? The Hawks are 8-4 and still in contention for the Division and the #1 seed. Their QB is in the top of the league and a proven winner. What is derailed?

Let’s revisit wildcard weekend.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It's hard not to overreact after a game like this . This was an awful loss and the Offense looked completely useless. 12 points at home pathetic.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
No. Every team has injuries. Other teams have players out with Covid. Injuries are not to be blamed.

Wilson is healthy (maybe). Wagner, Adams, Carson, Dunlap, Metcalf all suited up and played today. Injuries are a lazy excuse for today's performance.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1jkq2k02 said:
NJlargent":1jkq2k02 said:

I'm not Saying they can't win there first playoff game i'm saying they can't if they play like this on Offense. This had better be a one off game. It probably will be but it really can't be understated that loss was UGLY.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":278q5wh4 said:
No. Every team has injuries. Other teams have players out with Covid. Injuries are not to be blamed.

Wilson is healthy (maybe). Wagner, Adams, Carson, Dunlap, Metcalf all suited up and played today. Injuries are a lazy excuse for today's performance.

I'm not making excuses for them bro i'm just saying there not good enough to overcome them . This team needs to have everyone healthy and ready to go if there going to make a run in the playoffs fair. They also played like horsecrap on offense today.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
And yet with all the terrible play they had the ball with a chance to win....just remember even if the Giants are the lesser team they are fighting for the playoffs. The 7-9 Hawks played a lot of crappy games but when the playoffs started I had hope they could win. They were a win against a very beatable Bears team away from hosting the NFC Championship game vs the Packers. And at that time anything could happen Home. It’s been proven that you don’t have to be the best team to win it all ,just the best team that day.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
NJlargent":3f5zc1p7 said:
Flyingsquad23":3f5zc1p7 said:
NJlargent":3f5zc1p7 said:

How is this a reply? Oh I see you have nothing to prove your point. Ok see you WC weekend

NJlargent

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1ye51s72 said:
NJlargent":1ye51s72 said:
Flyingsquad23":1ye51s72 said:
NJlargent":1ye51s72 said:

How is this a reply? Oh I see you have nothing to prove your point. Ok see you WC weekend

I don’t feel like replying and proving it to you is not a concern of mine. You think PC is not hurting the team. I can’t change that as it is a question of expectations. For me, with Russell Wilson, getting blown out in a divisional round game is underwhelming. PC’s game management, stubbornness and draft skills are a mess. And the handling of the 49 loss killed a potential dynasty.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
NJlargent":1xjeywqw said:
Flyingsquad23":1xjeywqw said:
NJlargent":1xjeywqw said:
Flyingsquad23":1xjeywqw said:

I don’t feel like replying and proving it to you is not a concern of mine. You think PC is not hurting the team. I can’t change that as it is a question of expectations. For me, with Russell Wilson, getting blown out in a divisional round game is underwhelming. PC’s game management, stubbornness and draft skills are a mess. And the handling of the 49 loss killed a potential dynasty.

Ok so you can reply with some snark and some bogus unsubstantiated claims but not to the point I was asking about.

And Draft skills...wow. 6 out of 8 picks from the last have have contributed this year and an eighth should make it. Could’ve been all of them if Taylor did have a setback. And since he has been here 6 potential HOF’ers. Not to mention dozens of players still active in the NFL. I don’t mind different options but can you at least put some thought into it.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":xdsl5v18 said:
NJlargent":xdsl5v18 said:
Flyingsquad23":xdsl5v18 said:
NJlargent":xdsl5v18 said:

Ok so you can reply with some snark and some bogus unsubstantiated claims but not to the point I was asking about.

And Draft skills...wow. 6 out of 8 picks from the last have have contributed this year and an eighth should make it. Could’ve been all of them if Taylor did have a setback. And since he has been here 6 potential HOF’ers. Not to mention dozens of players still active in the NFL. I don’t mind different options but can you at least put some thought into it.

6 out of 8 have contributed? Can you elaborate? While you’re at it, please elaborate on the first round picks the past few years.

Latest posts