Injury in the NFL

LTH

Reaction score
I don't have ANY stats to back this up, but it really feels like injury is worse this year or any year that I can remember, in a time when there rules are supposed to protect the player... now maybe it just seems that way to me i dont know. Why do you guys think the injury problem is so bad?

Lth

Rainger

Reaction score
Because football players in the past were tough. Jack youngblood played an entire SB on a broken leg.

Training camp was tough for 2 months. Hitting hitting and more hitting. The 6 game preseason conditioned everyone.

The rules didn't make everyone soft.

Now a days they can't even touch each other in training camp without a fine. The rules made to protect everyone has made them softer.

The new speed of the game and lack of once used padding, has opened the door for far more contusions.

Basically the union rules the fear of law suit rules have made the current player not the same as the past.

Having said that the modern players are far more skilled faster and stronger. But more prone to sideline players in the name of safety as opposed to the grit of the 60s 70s players.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Before a lot of the preseason changes and training camp changes inuryies didn’t occur as much imo. I mean even our own LOB would talk about how intense practice and training camp was, and it made games seem like nothing in comparison.

They’ve scaled it back now to the point where it’s doing or causing more harm by not having the repetition of hits and movements etc to build the durability needed. Kind of like a martial artist kicking a tree repeatedly for the bones for strengthen, as it’s been proven the bones do adapt to take those.

Don’t use it lose it (or become less durable I guess)

QWERTY

Reaction score
Before a lot of the preseason changes and training camp changes inuryies didn’t occur as much imo. I mean even our own LOB would talk about how intense practice and training camp was, and it made games seem like nothing in comparison.

They’ve scaled it back now to the point where it’s doing or causing more harm by not having the repetition of hits and movements etc to build the durability needed. Kind of like a martial artist kicking a tree repeatedly for the bones for strengthen, as it’s been proven the bones do adapt to take those.

Don’t use it lose it (or become less durable I guess)

Maybe Practice shouldn't be practice? Maybe they should remove practice and don't let the players practice at all.