Insider Info Related

HawkWow

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2oxozkjl said:
Well I for one am quite happy you have been cut off from telling insider information on a public fan site. No typical fan has the right to such information in the first place and if they do it should only be talked about privately and behind the scenes if ever until they're no longer Seahawks.

Good point, but do keep in mind, the average fan here is exactly that. It doesn't matter the source, or the message, the average fan will dismiss what they don't want to hear and continue to believe what they want to believe, anyway.

But backing your point, In the late 90s through the early-mid 2000's, I had the ultimate inside source who (more importantly) was also a very dear friend. He gave me all kinds of stuff, but also had to reel me in a lot, too.

leading up to our first ever SB appearance were very exciting times, and in hindsight, I admit to disclosing things I now regret. My excuse being "you didn't tell me I couldn't repeat that" and I had a show to do and at the time there was nothing more important to me than good radio, apparently...even if it meant violating a bro's trust. My priorities are much more in line now and we remained very close until his unexpected passing. I do wish I wouldn't have been such a pain in the ass for him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
You could always spread 3 true rumors and 3 false rumors at the same time, through a couple carefully chosen minions. Only you and they would know which are true.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkWow":2jdffvg6 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2jdffvg6 said:
Well I for one am quite happy you have been cut off from telling insider information on a public fan site. No typical fan has the right to such information in the first place and if they do it should only be talked about privately and behind the scenes if ever until they're no longer Seahawks.

Good point, but do keep in mind, the average fan here is exactly that. It doesn't matter the source, or the message, the average fan will dismiss what they don't want to hear and continue to believe what they want to believe, anyway.

But backing your point, In the late 90s through the early-mid 2000's, I had the ultimate inside source who (more importantly) was also a very dear friend. He gave me all kinds of stuff, but also had to reel me in a lot, too.

leading up to our first ever SB appearance were very exciting times, and in hindsight, I admit to disclosing things I now regret. My excuse being "you didn't tell me I couldn't repeat that" and I had a show to do and at the time there was nothing more important to me than good radio, apparently...even if it meant violating a bro's trust. My priorities are much more in line now and we remained very close until his unexpected passing. I do wish I wouldn't have been such a pain in the ass for him.
I'm just saying if it's really big keep it to PM's. I love knowing stuff but won't be offended if I don't know everything or that if I did, I'd be very selective on who I told. As it is because I live in KCMO I know more about the NFC then anybody here and more about the AFC then most on this site in many cases.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1bf6r4gb said:

Glad you took the time to post that, in the minute possibility anyone cared for what "you think"

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3b877xw7 said:
HawkWow":3b877xw7 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3b877xw7 said:

I'm just saying if it's really big keep it to PM's. I love knowing stuff but won't be offended if I don't know everything or that if I did, I'd be very selective on who I told. As it is because I live in KCMO I know more about the NFC then anybody here and more about the AFC then most on this site in many cases.

No. No you don't.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2qln3n2h said:
MizzouHawkGal":2qln3n2h said:

Glad you took the time to post that, in the minute possibility anyone cared for what "you think"
Fair enough given right back at you.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":282ib8yo said:
MizzouHawkGal":282ib8yo said:
HawkWow":282ib8yo said:
MizzouHawkGal":282ib8yo said:

No. No you don't.
Well you know what they say about opinions right? Especially given it's a fact that yes I do know more about the NFC and especially the Seahawks then the typical Kansas City Chief fan and in turn more about the AFC then the typical Seahawk fan except the hardcore participant here or other open boards. Which would be the minority of the fanbase.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I will bet you a dollar fifty that more people pay attention to what I say on here than you.

Just because you post a thousand times a week like Roland, doesn't make your opinion fact.

Also the because "I live in KCMO I know more about the NFC then (sic) anybody here..,"

Fart

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
So? Are you among the typical fan? No, so you should have no issue about something someone said that nobody cares about or listens to right? I don't assume any regular poster to any online site to be the typical fan that comprises 95-99% of the total fanbase.

pehawk

Reaction score
Good stuff...awesome...

XOXO

Poopy Heartcastle

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Nope. Done in this thread.

However, just discovered that this is another Mod. Wheeee!

Also Davidseven, with the Michael Jackson avatar and the next object of my effection.

Maybe it's time for a hiatus.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":1sp9hs4z said:
fenderbender123":1sp9hs4z said:
So your source never gave you any juicy gossip about Harvin...and ever since Harvin left you haven't heard from your source...

Was Harvin your source? :shock:

Nope...and I've never had a venereal decease, either. LOL.

The guy I know listened to me rant like crazy about the Harvin signing. And he wasn't even with the club at the time. He knows my feelings about Harvin, and just 2 guys talking, he agreed with me. But knowing well his past, who wouldn't?

This is the guy's 1st gig in the pros. He was not even remotely close to that prior to this year, but he has known Pete 'for a long time". He played college ball and was recruited by Pete (though he played elsewhere). I really expected nothing but Pete-speak from him (this year) but he has actually been more generous than I anticipated. Even sending me pics of him at camp, with players etc. But I don't ask a lot because it's kind of uncool to do. Now, with him concerned about not being back next year, I am going to leave him alone to focus entirely on saving his job. But I will gladly take what he gives, of course.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read your question correctly. No, he won't speak of Harvin but yes I have heard from him several times since Harvin's departure. I should say here that 90% of our conversations are quick hellos via text. They typically go like:

Him: "Man, Richardson has some wheels, I don't know that I've ever been around a faster player".

Me: How's his drops...is he hanging onto the ball in practice?

Him: "Excellent hands and tracks the ball really well...he's going to be solid"

So it's all rather casual. We speak of other topics as much as football.

Patrick Lewis and Steven Terrell are the only two guys on the current 53 man roster who seem to fit your description above, and yeah, neither of them are locks for next year or even the rest of this year. Unless your source is a practice squad guy.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2zide3ww said:

Also Davidseven, with the Michael Jackson avatar and the next object of my effection.

Nah, don't do that because of the mods. There's a few mods that have thrown straight up tantrums over my jocularity, but, today I clinked glasses with; Seatown, Hawkstorian, Aros, NYCoug and more. That's why we're here and the best part is you'll never see a mod in public. Ever. Even if there was a seahawks.net fundraiser to pay for DohBoy's liver transplant, the mods will sit at home. Much like vampires and Morrissey fans, mods don't saunter into public places, there's no keyboard empowering their significance.

XOXO

Fart

chris98251

Reaction score
pehawk":lyqh5s3o said:
Hawk Strap":lyqh5s3o said:

Nah, don't do that because of the mods. There's a few mods that have thrown straight up tantrums over my jocularity, but, today I clinked glasses with; Seatown, Hawkstorian, Aros, NYCoug and more. That's why we're here and the best part is you'll never see a mod in public. Ever. Even if there was a seahawks.net fundraiser to pay for DohBoy's liver transplant, the mods will sit at home. Much like vampires and Morrissey fans, mods don't saunter into public places, there's no keyboard empowering their significance.

XOXO

Fart

No we try to keep things cleaned up so those of you that feel that your the significant members have that ability to continue to think that.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think that was Absolut and Sailor sitting in the pub with us Pe when I was calling Earl Thomas Danny Gorer. But then the evil spirit that possess them while on the web probably was chilling that day so that their corpses could hang out with us.

Latest posts