International 12th man

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I live 4787 miles away from the Clink. Can anyone beat that?

English Seahawk fan from London. First post so please be gentle.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
That's pretty far! I though I was a far NJ is a hop skip and a jump compared to London !

Cirmman

Reaction score
I win!

I live 6493.14 miles away from the C. link

Huge brazilian Seahawks fan here hahaha

Welcome, Uk_Seahawk!

Thaihawk

Reaction score
Think I'm gonna be hard to beat. I live 7438 miles from Seattle. I'm near Bangkok in Thailand... born and raised in Washington though. Life long Hawks fan and glued to my TV every Monday morning during the season.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
4519 Miles, the Irish Sea gives you the edge Uk Seahawk, welcome to .net :)

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3sttix5b said:
That's pretty far! I though I was a far NJ is a hop skip and a jump compared to London !
East Coasters may not be as far away in actual miles (3,100 from here), but it sure doesn't feel any closer. Cool thread topic, though.

sutz

Reaction score
43 miles. :)

J/K, guys (not about the mileage-that's real). Great to see our International Contingent checking in.

:2: and welcome to dot net.

Nice to see we're well represented around the globe. Oh, and we used to have a guy with the screen name KiwiHawk IIRC.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I live about 20 miles away but I'm in NY this week. Does that count? :mrgreen:

Sorry but welcome aboard to those abroad.

Cartire

Reaction score
Thaihawk":122ubqxg said:
Think I'm gonna be hard to beat. I live 7438 miles from Seattle. I'm near Bangkok in Thailand... born and raised in Washington though. Life long Hawks fan and glued to my TV every Monday morning during the season.

Military? Do you watch the games on AFN? Or do you have a direct satellite feed?

toadie_uk

Reaction score
4623 miles / 7440 km away in sunny old Leeds... beat me by a hair!

Cartire

Reaction score
I do have a question for all you true internationals (not locals who live internationally). How did you get into American Football and why did you pick the Seahawks as your team? I'd be interested to know.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'm in Aomori Japan, which is about 4500 miles through the air. Seems like East coast teams get the most air time on AFN, so I usually subscribe to Game Pass. Further, some of the games start at 0300 over here, so Game Pass allows me to watch at a reasonable hour.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind welcome.

I was fairly sure I wouldnt win but I thought it might be a cool way to say hello. I also wonder how non locals became Seahawk fans.

My story starts watching "American Football" highlights on Channel 4 (yes we only had 4 channels) in the 80's on UK TV. I liked the Seahawks because of their colours and cool helmet graphic, which is naturally the most important thing when you are 8 years old. I used to watch with my dad and he was Redskins fan, to this day I have no idea why he picked them.

As I got older and knew more about the game I was drawn towards the Miami Dolphins and Dan Marino / Mark Duper and Mark Clayton. They also had a cool kit and helmet but they seemed to show their highlights more, the Seahawks were always my first love though.

After staying up watching many a superbowl with my dad I kind of drifted away from the game, I was a big soccer (saying that word makes me feel dirty) fan and I followed my local team all over England. I would occasionally watch NFL games but wasnt knowledgeable enough to get into it again properly. Then a few years ago I started work at a hospital and one of the guys in my department was a huge Broncos fan and we would talk about NFL and it was easy to get back into it.

One of the things that really got me buzzing about the Seahawks again was discovering that a radio DJ from the BBC who covered my local team also wrote a draft blog for the Seahawks and by discovering that blog I found myself getting quite excited about the draft. What I love about the Seahawks is how accessible they seem, Seahawks.com shows what decent guys are on the roster and things like Real rob report almost make you feel like part of the team. Couple that with the exciting emergence of so many talented players and I've fallen in love with the Seahawks again big style. So much so on draft night I was watching the 6th round live on my phone at around 4am local time. Utter madness when you think about it.

I've lurked on here for a while and felt compelled to finally join in. I can't wait for the new season to start.

Cartire

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3tlnal7p said:
I'm in Aomori Japan, which is about 4500 miles through the air. Seems like East coast teams get the most air time on AFN, so I usually subscribe to Game Pass. Further, some of the games start at 0300 over here, so Game Pass allows me to watch at a reasonable hour.

Oh thats right. International IP's allow for live game streams through NFL.com with Game Pass. God I wish they had that option here. So much greediness with Network TV, we dont get that option.

Is Game Pass affected by blackouts at all?

Cartire

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2gb6ub45 said:
Thanks for the kind welcome.

I was fairly sure I wouldnt win but I thought it might be a cool way to say hello. I also wonder how non locals became Seahawk fans.

My story starts watching "American Football" highlights on Channel 4 (yes we only had 4 channels) in the 80's on UK TV. I liked the Seahawks because of their colours and cool helmet graphic, which is naturally the most important thing when you are 8 years old. I used to watch with my dad and he was Redskins fan, to this day I have no idea why he picked them.

As I got older and knew more about the game I was drawn towards the Miami Dolphins and Dan Marino / Mark Duper and Mark Clayton. They also had a cool kit and helmet but they seemed to show their highlights more, the Seahawks were always my first love though.

After staying up watching many a superbowl with my dad I kind of drifted away from the game, I was a big soccer (saying that word makes me feel dirty) fan and I followed my local team all over England. I would occasionally watch NFL games but wasnt knowledgeable enough to get into it again properly. Then a few years ago I started work at a hospital and one of the guys in my department was a huge Broncos fan and we would talk about NFL and it was easy to back into it.

One of the things that really got me buzzing about the Seahawks again was discovering that a radio DJ from the BBC who covered my local team also wrote a draft blog for the Seahawks and by discovering that blog I found myself getting quite excited about the draft. What I love about the Seahawks is how accessible they seem, Seahawks.com shows the what decent guys that are on the roster and things like Real rob report almost make you feel like part of the team. Couple that with the exciting emergence of so many talented players and I've fallen in love with the Seahawks again big style. So much so on draft night I was watching the 6th round live on my phone at around 4am local time. Utter madness when you think about it.

I've lurked on here for a while and felt compelled to finally join in. I can't wait for the new season to start.

Hell yea. Great to see the fan outreach through RRR and Claire Farnsworth work has helped get new people in. So basically, we need to start spreading more Shock DJ's around that write seahawks blogs internationally to really scoop them up. :mrgreen:

And I forgot to say Welcome.

Thaihawk

Reaction score
Cartire":oo3b26de said:
Thaihawk":oo3b26de said:

Military? Do you watch the games on AFN? Or do you have a direct satellite feed?

No, not military. About 5 years ago I came over to teach some English... been back and forth some but I have settled here now. I just buy the gamepass and hook my computer up to my TV. I could watch live but I usually wait until morning since the games are on in the middle of the night here.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Cartire":3rdzsu7m said:
HawKnPeppa":3rdzsu7m said:

Oh thats right. International IP's allow for live game streams through NFL.com with Game Pass. God I wish they had that option here. So much greediness with Network TV, we dont get that option.

Is Game Pass affected by blackouts at all?

Game Pass here in the UK wont show any game that is being broadcast locally, usually on Sky Sports. VPN's are getting very popular, especially UK ones, as they allow you access to things like BBC Iplayer which isnt available to non UK IP addresses.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Cartire":277qhjh6 said:
I do have a question for all you true internationals (not locals who live internationally). How did you get into American Football and why did you pick the Seahawks as your team? I'd be interested to know.

Well I started watching it randomly on tv, thought it looked real sweet, then decided I needed a team, so stuck on Madden 07, went to create a game, clicked random team, and up popped the Hawks, and have followed em since!

quadsas

Reaction score
Lithuanian studying in UK, got into AF through Madden, and Seattle is my US 'hometown', as it was the first one I've been to.