Irvin Responds to his Original Tweet After Graham Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

olyfan63

Reaction score
kearly":10sxpqqc said:
Irvin is probably our 2nd best LB after Wagner. Fast, good in run support, can keep up with almost anyone in coverage, and produces sacks as a 4-3 OLB.

He isn't any brighter than Aaron Curry was, but his heart is in the right place, and that's made a world of difference.

Irvin has a genius-level football IQ compared to Aaron Curry. Plus he plays with heart.
Irvin was the reason Kaep didn't run and had to throw the ball for "The Tip" that put us in the Super Bowl.

Melencause

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3nm0rirr said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3nm0rirr said:
NFSeahawks628":3nm0rirr said:
Why is Irvin still on this team?

Because he's under contract and a versatile starter with possibly elite potential at his position.

You know who is not under contract... Lame fans who like to take the fun and personality out of athletes and turn it into the negative.

Possibly elite potential was talked about when we drafted him, it's clear he doesn't have ELITE potential.

Sorry I'm not a fan of players who say stupid stuff on twitter, regardless of their team.

Its clear you haven't properly evaluated Irvin's play.

original poster

Reaction score
HansGruber":3fggvwic said:
It's funny how often I catch old white dudes criticizing someone's slang, but it's always a minority they're criticizing. Never a white kid talking about amazeballs or any of that stupid white slang you hear in Kirkland. Just "socially acceptable" 21st century racism.

Your post is amazeballs.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
HansGruber":35rhaprv said:
It's funny how often I catch old white dudes criticizing someone's slang, but it's always a minority they're criticizing. Never a white kid talking about amazeballs or any of that stupid white slang you hear in Kirkland. Just "socially acceptable" 21st century racism.
Thats crazy how you can tell who is an old white dude on this board! And how EVERY time they say something about slang its racist...thats a mighty broad brush you paint with

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":7637v8di said:
HansGruber":7637v8di said:
Thats crazy how you can tell who is an old white dude on this board! And how EVERY time they say something about slang its racist...thats a mighty broad brush you paint with

Its probably Half True.

The demographic or whatever that have a problem with slang and some of the younger generations more or less on social networks writing how they speak are likely over 35 and white.

Check out Fieldgulls for example, that place has intelligent insight buy it's ran by a bunch nerds who are mostly white that try to out genius each other and they detest Chatspeak and most slang speak unless it's military or political.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2m3d70e7 said:
HansGruber":2m3d70e7 said:

Throwdown":2m3d70e7 said:
Its pretty safe to say most Seahawks fans just... Aren't cool.
Speak for yourself. I'm as cool as a witch's tit in a brass bra.

Throwdown

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":fyw09qp4 said:
Throwdown":fyw09qp4 said:
Its pretty safe to say most Seahawks fans just... Aren't cool.

We could all be Raider fans. :stirthepot:

lol I really can't think of one fan base that would have a problem with a player talking in slang. Its crazy, I only see it with Seahawks fans.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Throwdown":3g3byzi9 said:
lol I really can't think of one fan base that would have a problem with a player talking in slang. Its crazy, I only see it with Seahawks fans.

It's because Seattle is the most "politely racist" city I've ever lived in. Don't get me wrong, I love Seattle. But seriously, take a look around.

Wallingford, Fremont, Ballard, Ravenna - the whole north end is entirely white. I have never seen a major city on the East Coast or California that is so white-washed. People talk about it being "a great place to raise kids" which is why real estate values have spiked in the north end. I've had friends who live in Ballard tell me it's not "just white" because they have an Asian neighbor. I have to remind them that whites haven't been scared of Asians since WWII. Asians are basically white people in modern America.

Then look at the south end. Rainier Valley, MLK, Kent, Burien - lots of minorities. The areas where blacks are especially concentrated - the Central District and Rainier Valley - have very few white people living there. Rainier Beach High School, where I help mentor students, has almost 100% black students. As a result, it is the smallest of the schools in the Seattle school district, with less than 300 total students, and has the smallest class sizes (and Seattle City Council keeps trying to shut it down because they say attendance is too low to keep it open).

Seattle is a city where parents can send their kids to whatever school they want, but RBHS is about to be closed because no white parents will send their kids there.

RBHS has some of the highest test scores in Washington State, and has been recognized by the State of WA as an exceptional school. But talk to any white Seattleite, and they shudder at the idea of sending their kids there because it's in the middle of Rainier Beach, so it's obviously a horrible school with bad programs and high crime. I tell them our graduation rate was the highest in Western WA last year, and that we sent 27 students to Ivy League schools on scholarships and they act shocked.

Because, obviously, black students can't achieve the way the kids at Bellevue High School do. This is a real misconception that actually exists. Most Seattle area residents have no idea that Bellevue is one of the lowest performing schools in the region academically and has a very low secondary acceptance rate. Also, crime at Bellevue High School was actually higher than Rainier Beach by a significant amount. But every white parent in WA wants their kids in Bellevue High School and it has falsely earned a stellar reputation.

I could continue. My Ethiopian neighbor could tell you stories too. He's told me some about the "polite racism" he experiences in Seattle, that he never experienced in Chicago. Anyway...

HansGruber

Reaction score
It's also worth stating that the only local Seattle hip-hop performer to break into the mainstream recently looks like the love child of Gomer Pyle and Leave it to Beaver. There's some great underground Seattle hip hop being made, but the only act that gets any love is the most boring, white-washed, "gee whiz", good guy white kid.

It's kind of embarrassing. All of my friends from Los Angeles comment on the creepy segregation and super-white neighborhoods up here. It literally freaks people out. Going to the eastside or the north end is like taking a trip to some kind of creepy Stepford Wives planned neighborhood from the 1950s.

Laloosh

Reaction score
HansGruber":27fievpo said:
I've almost murdered my white kid for saying "YOLO" in my presence.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
HansGruber":1osqhdc2 said:
Throwdown":1osqhdc2 said:

It's because Seattle is the most "politely racist" city I've ever lived in. Don't get me wrong, I love Seattle. But seriously, take a look around.

Wallingford, Fremont, Ballard, Ravenna - the whole north end is entirely white. I have never seen a major city on the East Coast or California that is so white-washed. People talk about it being "a great place to raise kids" which is why real estate values have spiked in the north end. I've had friends who live in Ballard tell me it's not "just white" because they have an Asian neighbor. I have to remind them that whites haven't been scared of Asians since WWII. Asians are basically white people in modern America.

Then look at the south end. Rainier Valley, MLK, Kent, Burien - lots of minorities. The areas where blacks are especially concentrated - the Central District and Rainier Valley - have very few white people living there. Rainier Beach High School, where I help mentor students, has almost 100% black students. As a result, it is the smallest of the schools in the Seattle school district, with less than 300 total students, and has the smallest class sizes (and Seattle City Council keeps trying to shut it down because they say attendance is too low to keep it open).

Seattle is a city where parents can send their kids to whatever school they want, but RBHS is about to be closed because no white parents will send their kids there.

RBHS has some of the highest test scores in Washington State, and has been recognized by the State of WA as an exceptional school. But talk to any white Seattleite, and they shudder at the idea of sending their kids there because it's in the middle of Rainier Beach, so it's obviously a horrible school with bad programs and high crime. I tell them our graduation rate was the highest in Western WA last year, and that we sent 27 students to Ivy League schools on scholarships and they act shocked.

Because, obviously, black students can't achieve the way the kids at Bellevue High School do. This is a real misconception that actually exists. Most Seattle area residents have no idea that Bellevue is one of the lowest performing schools in the region academically and has a very low secondary acceptance rate. Also, crime at Bellevue High School was actually higher than Rainier Beach by a significant amount. But every white parent in WA wants their kids in Bellevue High School and it has falsely earned a stellar reputation.

I could continue. My Ethiopian neighbor could tell you stories too. He's told me some about the "polite racism" he experiences in Seattle, that he never experienced in Chicago. Anyway...

I live in Tulsa; very segregated. Lots of oil money, lots of private schools. The best publics are in the suburbs...Owasso, Jenks, Broken Arrow: all very white. But it's hard to distinguish racism from class-ism...here anyway. Catholic schools are basically all white...but several more liberal private schools are very diverse. I believe it's as much a money/ class issue as it is a racial one. That's how I interpret what I see here anyway.

McGruff

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":1mqxdtim said:
Irvin can't be expected to just let this type of disrespect go, man.

-df23438928126ec5.jpg

Look at that! JIMMY SNATCHED HIS HAT CLEAN OFF - and right in front of Jerry O'Connell, too! If nothing else, they're going to have to settle this out on the practice field. :stirthepot:

Love how Bruce is just looking at him, like "You serious?"

netskier

Reaction score
I wonder if coaching Bruce to stop Jimmy legally could turn Bruce into a Gronk stopper. That would be valuable.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3v3fiplp said:
SnoCoHawk":3v3fiplp said:
Irvin can't be expected to just let this type of disrespect go, man.

-df23438928126ec5.jpg

Look at that! JIMMY SNATCHED HIS HAT CLEAN OFF - and right in front of Jerry O'Connell, too! If nothing else, they're going to have to settle this out on the practice field. :stirthepot:

Love how Bruce is just looking at him, like "You serious?"

They both went from homeless...HOMELESS!!! to two super bowls!

TwilightError

Reaction score
The important thing here is this: Bruce would beat Jimmy so hard he'd wake up yesterday if it ever came to that ;)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I still contend these two are gonna end up best bros. Rivalry does that as well as similar life experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.