Irvin to Raiders (Clayton—9.25 million per year)

TAB420

Reaction score
According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, the Raiders locked Irvin up for four years, $37 million, with $12.5 million of that coming in 2016. He's also set to receive a fully guaranteed $2.25 million in the form of a roster bonus next March, when his $4.5 million base salary for 2017 will also be guaranteed.

http://oak.247sports.com/Bolt/Details-o ... s-44163552

garrylt4

Reaction score
I don't always root for former Seahawks on other teams

But when I do, it's Bruce Irvin

Go Seahawks
Let's go Mountaineers

Jville

Reaction score
Congratulations to Ken Norton. Your a heck of a recruiter in addition to a heck of a coach. You got your man ....... again!

Jville

Reaction score
Interesting contract structure revealed over at OTC. No actual signing bonus ....... guarantees are front loaded salary guarantees. Essentially a two year contract with third and fourth year options. No dead monies after 2017. Ensures cap flexibility. Smart contract structure.

Over-the-Cap breakdown on Bruce Irvin contract >>> [urltargetblank]http://overthecap.com/player/bruce-irvin/1534[/urltargetblank]

DJrmb

Reaction score
Good for Irvin, he got some good loot and I'm happy for him.

Next man up! :snack:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm guessing Bruce isn't upset anymore about not getting locked into next year hear for a few million less?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1czrbpqv said:
soohawk":1czrbpqv said:
No fun when the family starts fracturing apart but we can't keep all the kids at home forever

The whole premise of the NFL is to keep every team "mediocre". The Patriots have been the best at defying all odds. We will soon see if we can match them.

That's because the patriots have had the best qb. Now we have one if the best qb's which will keep us in contention while losing pieces as well.

Tical21

Reaction score
The NFL has a new most overpaid player. How long til he gets beat out by Malcolm Smith again?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Tical21":19ldgajk said:
The NFL has a new most overpaid player. How long til he gets beat out by Malcolm Smith again?

Vernon just got 5/85 from the Giants. :lol:

Irvin ain't even close.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
There have been so many ridiculous contracts so far, Irvin isn't even close to the most ridiculous or overpaid.

For example:

Mark Barron 45/5
Marvin Jones 40/5
Oliver Vernon 85/5
Malik Jackson 90/6
Brock Osweiler 72/4

Like wtf...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
bruceirvin51: Too my brothers of the 2012 draft class what we did by coming in and changing this organization and city when everyone had something negative to say about us will probably never be done again. We all for the most part won't ever play together again but the realtionships we made are forever and the memories will forever b talked about when are old men. To a city and fan base that embraced me when everyone considered me a reach I appreciate you and I will love your forever. Mr Allen Pete and John thank u for the chance to play for such a great city and a group of men who I consider my lifetime brothers now. I know some may not understand the decision but this window of opportunity is so small that you have to make the best decision for you and your family. 12'sssss I thank you and I love you. One of the best fan bases in sports today u will be missed! I'm looking forward to my new chapter and helping the city of Oakland bring a ship there!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCv-c0ymO-j/

cdallan

Reaction score
I loved Bruce, but paying nearly 10m for a SLB just is not a good idea. Yes he can rush from end on nickel downs, but I think there are better rushers to be had. At 10mil per season you could probably get his production from paying both a SLB AND a DE, and with 2 players you sort of half the injury risk.

morgulon1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2wrh25qn said:
Would have liked him back, but good for him. He kind of has a raider vibe. Hopefully he's getting a huge deal so we can get something good in return.

He's an Unrestricted free agent. IIRC, we don't get anything in return for him.

I take that comment back....

Geologic

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":i196sql2 said:
bruceirvin51: Too my brothers of the 2012 draft class what we did by coming in and changing this organization and city when everyone had something negative to say about us will probably never be done again. We all for the most part won't ever play together again but the realtionships we made are forever and the memories will forever b talked about when are old men. To a city and fan base that embraced me when everyone considered me a reach I appreciate you and I will love your forever. Mr Allen Pete and John thank u for the chance to play for such a great city and a group of men who I consider my lifetime brothers now. I know some may not understand the decision but this window of opportunity is so small that you have to make the best decision for you and your family. 12'sssss I thank you and I love you. One of the best fan bases in sports today u will be missed! I'm looking forward to my new chapter and helping the city of Oakland bring a ship there!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCv-c0ymO-j/

:cry: I'll miss seeing you play in the blue and green Bruce

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":1ier5nnu said:
That sucks I liked Bruce he was our best cover lb. Can not keep them all I guess. For all of those that would be happy with the comp pick I guess its better than getting nothing. Just sucks that you spend a 1st round pick on a player develop them for 4 years then you loose him for what a third maybe a 2nd if we are lucky. We don't even know if they will pan out I would of rather just kept Bruce. I understand though win some loose sum. The show must go on sad day for me but one I expected. I just had a little hope that we would retain him.
That's one of the many reasons you don't spend a 1st on a developmental player, but we got more out of him than a lot of projects. He was at least good enough to start on our D, so it turned out ok.

This is something i have said multiple times for years. It makes no sense to draft development projects in the first 4 rounds. You lose out on the best part about rookies: THEY ARE CHEAP.

Typically with a developmental player you end up doing all the coaching, and THEN you have to give them a big contract by the time they are good.

You might as well just sign a FA who is already good and save yourself the years of coaching.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
First, the Raiders will turn him loose in a way Pete never would.

Second, certain Niner fans tried to take me to task when I said he would get 10 mil a year on the open market. You know who you are. 9.25 is a hella lot closer than the numbers you geniuses were saying. You know who you are.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Seahawks should have taken the 5th year option. Yeah it was more than seven mil, but he gets more now. One more year with Bruce would have been worth it, even if there was no chance to keep him beyond that.

xgeoff

Reaction score
MB12":3e3m4lcv said:
DavidSeven":3e3m4lcv said:
Expected -- was never going to be re-signed here. Good for him, though.

That's a gamble for Oakland, but they have to spend the money somewhere. Sounds like their front office was hesitant but was talked into by Ken Norton.
I think the gamble will pay off. With Mack rushing opposite him Irvin will put up some nice numbers

Nope, he has no technique and no explosiveness. But hey, if I'm wrong I'd love to see the Raiders take out the Patriots or Bengals or Steelers or whomever. I think they WAY overpaid but we'll see...