Irvin to Raiders (Clayton—9.25 million per year)

drdiags

Reaction score
So how does Bruce go from being signed by Jax for 5 years (according to Ian Rappoport and others) to now having a tentative deal with the Raiders? I know they cannot actually sign anything until tomorrow nor have the players visit until the clock strikes 1 PM tomorrow but goes to show nothing is solid unless Adam Schefter or Mort report it. Or Jay Glazer.

There had been reports about Jax's Dave Caldwell throwing money in the air, celebrating his signing folks. This was supposed to include Irvin.

Hot Stove or Rumor mill at its finest.

kearly

Reaction score
Of all the non-Seahawk teams that could have signed him, I was hoping he'd go to Oakland or Jacksonville, since their cap situation will cause them to overpay. The more Irvin gets paid, the shinier the draft pick will be.

Irvin will be tough to replace. But this isn't surprising.

I wonder what will happen to Aldon Smith?

McGruff

Reaction score
kearly":pidvta4j said:
Of all the non-Seahawk teams that could have signed him, I was hoping he'd go to Oakland or Jacksonville, since their cap situation will cause them to overpay. The more Irvin gets paid, the shinier the draft pick will be.

Hmmm. . . :34853_tinfoil:

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":39d1hgto said:
Maybe. I'm not as enamored with Bruce as others have become seemingly out of nowhere.

Certainly has tools though.

I just hope the next Seahawks LB can be as tough and as versatile. And as mentioned, toolsy.

KJ Wright recent said that Irvin was "critical" to our defense. I wouldn't go that far, but I do think that Irvin added a ton of hidden value by doing the little things better than most.

pehawk

Reaction score
Bruce is/was an unspoken leader. He added some bully, dawg, grit, street cred, whatever you want to call it. He's going to be missed. He'll be missed in a James Carpenter, Breno "I didn't realize" type of way.

Rocket

Reaction score
pehawk":gsaj780o said:
Ouch. Good for Bruce and Oakland though.

"Nice signing, huh?" - Al Davis,smiling from heaven, with his arm around Muhammad.
Boy... you a troublemaker.
How many spoons you got with microscopic feces remaining on 'em?

pehawk

Reaction score
Rocket":oxbhv4s6 said:
pehawk":oxbhv4s6 said:
Ouch. Good for Bruce and Oakland though.

"Nice signing, huh?" - Al Davis,smiling from heaven, with his arm around Muhammad.
Boy... you a troublemaker.
How many spoons you got with microscopic feces remaining on 'em?

Racist

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":22k49vur said:

I sure wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Aldon, and with his history he could be had on an Avril/Bennett like deal.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":xppmpa3j said:
JSeahawks":xppmpa3j said:
Rocket":xppmpa3j said:
pehawk":xppmpa3j said:
He'll be missed in a James Carpenter, Breno way.

Yep... Exactly.

So, not at all then?

Haha. Fair enough

Actually I do think Irvin will be missed quite a bit. Never found myself missing our old crappy olinemen when watching our new crappy olinemen though.

Reaction score
That sucks I liked Bruce he was our best cover lb. Can not keep them all I guess. For all of those that would be happy with the comp pick I guess its better than getting nothing. Just sucks that you spend a 1st round pick on a player develop them for 4 years then you loose him for what a third maybe a 2nd if we are lucky. We don't even know if they will pan out I would of rather just kept Bruce. I understand though win some loose sum. The show must go on sad day for me but one I expected. I just had a little hope that we would retain him.

massari

Reaction score
kearly":1x7081vn said:
If a team signs Aldon Smith, will he be allowed to participate in practices before his suspension is up or is he banned completely from everything?