Is Bevell to blame for much of this teams discontent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2jbca2x8 said:
Siouxhawk":2jbca2x8 said:
nash72":2jbca2x8 said:
seabowl":2jbca2x8 said:
The one question the pro Bevell folks have little to no answer for is.....

Why hasn't Bevell in the six years he has been here been offered another coaching opportunity, pro or even college?

We all know the answer.

Their answer is that he likes it here.
lol8.gif
And as I said before, it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibilities to see Bev succeed Pete when he retires in 3 years or so. Perhaps he's in the grooming process.

Just when I think I've seen it all, OMG!
I will buy you a $50 gift card to the restaurant of your choice if Seattle ever wins another SB with our incompetent OC. The only reason we make the playoffs every year is that the rest of the NFC West is a dumpster fire right now. If AZ gets their shit together, we will be left out. I simply cannot believe the extent of the man crush I am witnessing.
Well then put some perspective on it. Most 12s feel that way about RW and even when talking about "the play" no one ever mentions that you don't throw that pass above shoulder level and away from the body. You put it right on them in the numbers. It bothered the QB in question so much he even thought he had to talk to god about it, but no one will even hint at it here. If that ball is accurate, they at least have another play to get a TD at worst, but nope....

I absolutely do believe this to be a TEAM sport. No one gets an exception. Not RW, not Bevell, not Kearse, not Lockett, not anyone...

nash72

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1dz0oo24 said:
nash72":1dz0oo24 said:
Lol. So your argument for a horrible play call was an injured defense didn't shut down the other team? With the injured defense we were still in a position to win the game and a horrible play call prevented it from happening. Simple as that.
LOLOL You keep focusing on ONE PLAY CALL as the reason for the loss. LOLOL
Simple.......Very fitting :lol: Like chewing off your leg to get out of a trap.

The fact that the defense was so battered and still kept us in that game is almost miraculous. In all rights, NE should have killed us. You want so much attention directed at the defense, but yet you never bring up the goose eggs the offense contributed in the 1st and 4th. Maybe that passed over you because its so common with this organization.

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":339xkeyt said:
And Lockette was third on the depth chart, so your post is erroneous.

By default. He didnt earn the spot.

RiverDog

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2joyjwa5 said:
Well then put some perspective on it. Most 12s feel that way about RW and even when talking about "the play" no one ever mentions that you don't throw that pass above shoulder level and away from the body. You put it right on them in the numbers. It bothered the QB in question so much he even thought he had to talk to god about it, but no one will even hint at it here. If that ball is accurate, they at least have another play to get a TD at worst, but nope....

I absolutely do believe this to be a TEAM sport. No one gets an exception. Not RW, not Bevell, not Kearse, not Lockett, not anyone...

Hard to believe that it's going on 3 years and we're still talking about "the play". I guess we're no different than any other franchise in that regard.

You're absolutely right about RW being at fault for being slightly off on that throw, and I'll add that rather than the numbers, he should have thrown it at his knees and made him go down for it. It's less likely to get batted into the air that way, which was my biggest fear of throwing over the middle in an area that's more congested than any other part of the field.

The defense wasn't blameless, though. Although Nash has a point about the defense being banged up, it's still no excuse for blowing a two score lead in the 4th quarter.

sdog1981

Reaction score
RiverDog":1hruatmb said:
You're absolutely right about RW being at fault for being slightly off on that throw, and I'll add that rather than the numbers, he should have thrown it at his knees and made him go down for it. It's less likely to get batted into the air that way, which was my biggest fear of throwing over the middle in an area that's more congested than any other part of the field.

The defense wasn't blameless, though. Although Nash has a point about the defense being banged up, it's still no excuse for blowing a two score lead in the 4th quarter.

Boston has won 3 world series and they still talk about Buckner and 86

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":34b3vdm7 said:
scutterhawk":34b3vdm7 said:
nash72":34b3vdm7 said:
scutterhawk":34b3vdm7 said:
"Just An Observation" eh? IF "Mouthpiece" Sherman is calling out Bevell for ONE bad Play-Call, he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror, and consider that he and the rest of the Defense were unable to hold Brady from mounting a 10 point come-back.
Like it or not, he has his SHARE of the blame for that loss.
"Prop Up A Weak Offense" by skunking the opposition's Offenses...Like they did with Manning. 43 to 8, or SAY NOTHING IN PUBLIC against your Teammates or Coaches, as this is not an attribute.

Calling out the secondary and throwing blame towards them for not performing in SB49 is kind of crazy. They were all hurt. Every single one of them. Sherman was out there basically playing with one arm. I applaud their performance rather than berating it. They manned up and played when lesser guys probably wouldnt have. The lack of pass rush was the biggest cause of giving up those points anyways.
YOU STEPPED RIGHT IN IT..I damned well KNEW of the "INJURIES" and, By your defending the anemic play by the Defense, and that something or SOMEONE else had their SHARE OF BLAME for that loss, you are ADMITTING that it SHOULD NOT have boiled down to JUST ONE BAD PLAYCALL, but rather, the lack of TEAM EXECUTION throughout the entire game........Injuries were a FACTOR, and Richard Sherman has to admit that he shouldn't be calling out ANYONE, as his inability, and the others on Defense to play at their best, DID have some influence on the outcome of the game.
I understand their frustrations, BUT, the LOSS WAS NOT ALL ON BEVELL....You Win as a Team, You Lose as a Team.

Can't you hear you above all that shouting...
Turn down your hearing aids. :2thumbs:

RiverDog

Reaction score
sdog1981":1qfg6u6b said:
RiverDog":1qfg6u6b said:

Yup. No matter how many fish you catch, you'll always remember the one that got away.

sdog1981

Reaction score
RiverDog":1d85akzv said:
sdog1981":1d85akzv said:
RiverDog":1d85akzv said:

Yup. No matter how many fish you catch, you'll always remember the one that got away.

Players talk about the losses more too.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
nash72":cmwpzxtm said:
scutterhawk":cmwpzxtm said:
nash72":cmwpzxtm said:
Lol. So your argument for a horrible play call was an injured defense didn't shut down the other team? With the injured defense we were still in a position to win the game and a horrible play call prevented it from happening. Simple as that.
LOLOL You keep focusing on ONE PLAY CALL as the reason for the loss. LOLOL
Simple.......Very fitting :lol: Like chewing off your leg to get out of a trap.

The fact that the defense was so battered and still kept us in that game is almost miraculous. In all rights, NE should have killed us. You want so much attention directed at the defense, but yet you never bring up the goose eggs the offense contributed in the 1st and 4th. Maybe that passed over you because its so common with this organization.
In all rights NE DID kill us with a 10 point come back...But we needn't redirect our focus on anything but your hate for Bevell. You want us to OMIT facts that don't jive with your close minded opinion....No Way, Shape, or Form am I going to do that.
Is this part of that "Alternate Reality" that Kellyann Conway has been trying to get everybody to buy into ?

nash72

Reaction score
sdog1981":ehgv2c4b said:
RiverDog":ehgv2c4b said:

That's what I remember the most about them.

nash72

Reaction score
nash72":3tz78g0x said:
scutterhawk":3tz78g0x said:
In all rights NE DID kill us with a 10 point come back...But we needn't redirect our focus on anything but your hate for Bevell. You want us to OMIT facts that don't jive with your close minded opinion....No Way, Shape, or Form am I going to do that.
Is this part of that "Alternate Reality" that Kellyann Conway has been trying to get everybody to buy into ?

Just keep blaming the defense and giving the offense a pass for two scoreless quarters. Heaven forbid the offense and the coordinator answer with some points of their own. Shame the team overcame that and was in line to win the game, but due to one of the worst play calls of all time,,,,,,,,

semiahmoo

Reaction score
nash72":gezkphyf said:
nash72":gezkphyf said:
scutterhawk":gezkphyf said:

Just keep blaming the defense and giving the offense the pass for two scoreless quarters. Shame the team overcame that and was in line to win the game, but due to one of the worst play calls of all time,,,,,,,,

Yes, one of the worst play calls of all time. Especially since it didn't fool Belichick one bit. He recognized the play within seconds of our offense lining up and had their defense adjusting. He even seemed confused the Hawks were attempting something so dumb. (This was on a recap of the Super Bowl show a couple years back where they had sideline footage of both coaches.)

We should have gone smashmouth. Their D was tired. Marshawn wanted the ball.

Bevell tried to get cute and we lost the game. He's been carrying the baggage of that play call with him ever since.

nash72

Reaction score
semiahmoo":oiyozqu1 said:
Yes, one of the worst play calls of all time. Especially since it didn't fool Belichick one bit. He recognized the play within seconds of our offense lining up and had their defense adjusting. He even seemed confused the Hawks were attempting something so dumb. (This was on a recap of the Super Bowl show a couple years back where they had sideline footage of both coaches.)

We should have gone smashmouth. Their D was tired. Marshawn wanted the ball.

Bevell tried to get cute and we lost the game. He's been carrying the baggage of that play call with him ever since.

The only answer I can conceive is that Pete and Darrell panicked when Belichick didn't call a timeout. and went blank.

jeremiah

Reaction score
It wasn't the call that lost the game to the Pats, it was the play of Russell Wilson. He threw to the wrong man at the wront time. Look at the play and you would see Marshawn rolling left into the corner all alone. Russell simply tried to jam the ball in there without looking at anything else. There was no timing, there was no reading of the D. Russell owns that play of that I have no doubt.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
jeremiah":1hyyf0dc said:
It wasn't the call that lost the game to the Pats, it was the play of Russell Wilson. He threw to the wrong man at the wront time. Look at the play and you would see Marshawn rolling left into the corner all alone. Russell simply tried to jam the ball in there without looking at anything else. There was no timing, there was no reading of the D. Russell owns that play of that I have no doubt.
I think that I'm realistically critical of our QB, regardless of who it is, but I don't think that RW had the control to opt out of the initial read there, if you can even call it a read. It was literally the play called. Maybe he should have done something besides run the play called, but they knew it was coming. The best we could have hoped for on that play was maybe half a yard gained if the ball was on Lockett between the numbers.

Tical21

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1s8qpc61 said:
jeremiah":1s8qpc61 said:
I think that I'm realistically critical of our QB, regardless of who it is, but I don't think that RW had the control to opt out of the initial read there, if you can even call it a read. It was literally the play called.
Yeah, the critical error there was getting greedy with ball placement. The throw to the body would've come up a yard short, so Russ tried to lead Lockette into the end zone, thinking he'd make the catch and end it. It was only a foot or two, whats the worst that could happen?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Tical21":1sfh7ugy said:
vin.couve12":1sfh7ugy said:
jeremiah":1sfh7ugy said:
I think that I'm realistically critical of our QB, regardless of who it is, but I don't think that RW had the control to opt out of the initial read there, if you can even call it a read. It was literally the play called.
Yeah, the critical error there was getting greedy with ball placement. The throw to the body would've come up a yard short, so Russ tried to lead Lockette into the end zone, thinking he'd make the catch and end it. It was only a foot or two, whats the worst that could happen?
This maybe...yardage and circumstance are different, but this is the quick on the numbers you want. Either way I think you can only net half a yard on the latter superbowl play at best. They just flat out knew it was coming.

[youtube]upz-NmmyUcc[/youtube]

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
It depends if Kearse's jam on Browner rubs Butler off the play. If that happens and Russ hits him in the numbers, he easily scores.

AVL

Reaction score
Why is there some social requirement for ultra negative emotion to a super bowl loss. It seem to be that losing the game the pervious week would have been worse, and the week before that even more so but, no, let's take the fun and honor of playing the final game away and just go mental and pretend gambling powers don't control the outcome to begin with.

RiverDog

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2aidr58o said:
This maybe...yardage and circumstance are different, but this is the quick on the numbers you want. Either way I think you can only net half a yard on the latter superbowl play at best. They just flat out knew it was coming.

The coaching staff didn't anticipate it because they had their run stopping package in there. But Butler certainly knew it was coming as he gambled and jumped the route.

Status
Not open for further replies.