Is Bevell to blame for much of this teams discontent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2jtd1nw8 said:
Siouxhawk":2jtd1nw8 said:
Seymour":2jtd1nw8 said:
Siouxhawk":2jtd1nw8 said:
ADB's bird flip was an inside joke without malice. He has gone on record multiple times to proclaim his respect for Bevell.

Marshawn could have been flipping off anyone. And we'll never know.

Correction. You'll never know. Anyone with vision can see what took place, and the circumstances around it. Same with Baldwin.
Pure B.S. Show me evidence or step off.

There will be no need for that. You will not survive this thread anyway. :2thumbs:
As I figured.

Hyak

Reaction score
It was very obvious that Lynch was flipping off Bevell because his TD run was overturned by review and the subsequent play call was a play action pass to the TE. Hence the bird. Whether it was in jest or real (my guess), it was over losing a TD in his stats.

The same scenario for Baldwin as he wanted a TD catch not a pass. Incentives perhaps?

Seymour

Reaction score
JTB":2ngg5jdl said:
I don't recall a third player given him the finger but I do know that on the 2 plays in question involving Lynch and Baldwin, both play calls resulted in touchdowns. Doh!

Only 2 that I can think of for sure but someone may count Percy for refusing to go in the game as a flip off. Qualifies IMO as that is a blatant middle finger to Bevell.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Awesome another Bevell thread. It's gotta be at least 24 hours since we have had one of these. I wonder what great insight, and new unheard of thoughts will be contained within? I will be monitoring this closely, as I am very curious.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Yes. Sort of.

Pete had a habit of supporting incompetent or substandard assistants before he ever got to Seattle.

This Bevell effect is just the latest incarnation of that misplaced loyalty.

Ultimately, though, the Seahawks made it to the SB in spite of him and struggled in the playoffs since because of him.

We won because of defense and when we could no longer out athlete teams, our offense was inconsistent, undependable, and poorly productive.

Was a lot of that the line? Yes. But the inability of our offense to use matchups effectively and a feast or famine tendency did not help.

Until Bevell is gone this team will never see another SB and likely not win much beyond a wild card game in the playoffs. Because good coaches can easily exploit him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lynch
Sherman
Baldwin
Graham

Have all had issues with Bevell, sure they may sweep it under the rug for image and appearances, but this trend goes back to his time in Minnesota as well.

There is an issue and we may not know just how deep it goes.

But there is an issue, you can smell it, see how the team extends themselves to cover for it.

Just like the no issue in the Locker Room with Harvin denied until there was no more Harvin and then we find out, just like Tate and his under offer and that they would have increased it and there was a missed phone call, yet he had had a issue with Wilson prior.

You guys can slobberfest over Bevell and say nobody said something specifically all day, you more then likely won't know the truth till well after the issue has been resolved and someone has moved, on be it a player or a coach and they may not be the ones actually in the discussion.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":3tr06x9g said:
Lynch
Sherman
Baldwin
Graham

Have all had issues with Bevell, sure they may sweep it under the rug for image and appearances, but this trend goes back to his time in Minnesota as well.

But there is an issue, you can smell it, see how the team extends themselves to cover for it.

Just like the no issue in the Locker Room with Harvin denied until there was no more Harvin and then we find out, just like Tate and his under offer and that they would have increased it and there was a missed phone call, yet he had had a issue with Wilson prior.

You guys can slobberfest over Bevell and say nobody said something specifically all day, you more then likely won't know the truth till well after the issue has been resolved and someone has moved, on be it a player or a coach and they may not be the ones actually in the discussion.

He may have been a turd, but Percy as well needs to be added to that list.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
And yet with our offensive cap space ranked 28th, Bev's offense has ranked in the top 7 in DVOA (efficiency) 4 of the last 5 years. Those are real factual numbers, not nonsense fabricated out of thin air.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1q8zm8pv said:
Lynch
Sherman
Baldwin
Graham

Prove all those instances to us. Provide a link. It's easy to just make up stuff.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2hcrg0xh said:
chris98251":2hcrg0xh said:
Lynch
Sherman
Baldwin
Graham

Prove all those instances to us. Provide a link. It's easy to just make up stuff.

It is pointless to speak to those that refuse to listen to reason. You would be best served to avoid this thread, and we all know why.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3nqeolk2 said:
Siouxhawk":3nqeolk2 said:
chris98251":3nqeolk2 said:
Lynch
Sherman
Baldwin
Graham

It is pointless to speak to those that refuse to listen to reason. You would be best served to avoid this thread, and we all know why.
It's because you have nothing to back up your claims. If you just want to have a bitch fest among yourself as a way to cope with your frailties, sure, I'll exit stage left. But don't make false allegations that aren't based in fact.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The problem ultimately falls on Pete because his decision resolves it.

But the reality is this team will be worse the minute it loses Pete and may never reach the levels Pete brought it to ...For a long time.

Still this team would instantly upgrade and instantly be better if they just replaced Bevell with an average but consistent OC.

The reason for all the Bevell threads is pretty simple. No issue more affects the success of this team and no change like removing Bevell would improve the chances of this team as significantly.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":qmdivo20 said:
It's because you have nothing to back up your claims. If you just want to have a bitch fest among yourself as a way to cope with your frailties, sure, I'll exit stage left. But don't make false allegations that aren't based in fact.

wonka2.png

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If the argument is me vs we stuff, that doesn't hold weight. That pass was for Wilson to win the game. They thought is was a TD and you can clearly see that in Pete's reaction until he realized it got picked off. There was no intention of running the clock. Furthermore, no one will admit that it was a very poorly placed throw.

If you want to talk about me vs we then the offense needs to be more about balance again and less about Wilson. That's if you care about winning rings, that is....

I don't know that it's specifically Bevell that is THE reason, but the shift in TEAM dynamic absolutely plays a part.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seabowl":2h8xhsb3 said:
With all of the talk of trading Sherman, Marshawn to the Raiders etc... do you believe much of this teams discontent relates to Bevell still being the OC? IMO yes. Well before what is now considered "the worst call in NFL history" players on the team were very unhappy with how the offense was being run. How many times did we see players flip the bird to the sidelines when a perceived bad play call came in from Bevell? I believe it was three. The action that these players took was wrong however many of us on this board have been beyond frustrated with the mind boggling play calling. Again I'm not saying calling out coaches is a good thing, but at some point you have to weigh keeping an OC that many dislike vs losing star players like Sherm, Marshawn, and maybe more.

Btw I put Beast on here because I trly believe one reason for his stepping away was to get away from Bevell.
To answer your question in the title of the thread, hell to the YES!

Jville

Reaction score
I think the blame game stumbles around from one lame excuse to the next. It doesn't offer any insight or lesson.

Hyak

Reaction score
Seymour":3fo3z1un said:
Results are not the main issue eating at players. A disrespect (for whatever reason) for the coaching staff sure appears to be coming full tilt head on now though.

Of course, maybe it's just a few malcontents. The big issues have come from Marshawn, Harvin, and Sherman and I think that is telling. The frustration of a Baldwin or Graham has paled in comparison and definitely seem to be heat of the battle or in Baldwin's case a funny jab.

Lynch was allowed to set his own rules and was passive aggressive whenever things didn't go his way. Harvin honestly was a head case every place he went. Sherman can be completely irrational and out of control.

Pete allowed them the leeway to act this way because their talent was so great. In 2014, Harvin went overboard with things causing rifts and then refusing to play so they cut bait. In 2015, Lynch came into camp out of shape, got hurt, bitched about the OC through his Mom, and then decided not to travel to a playoff game after practicing all week. If he would not have retired, they were going to cut him. In 2016, we all know the Sherman stuff. Maybe there is some truth to concerns about him starting to decline, hence the talent doesn't massively exceed the pain in the ass factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.