Is Bevell to blame for much of this teams discontent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1bot1mlp said:
No, Pete Carroll is to blame. The buck stops with him.
Not true.
Blame and responsibility are different words, spelled differently even.
Carroll is responsible, but Bevvie is to blame. Look up the old Websters, Bro.

Tical21

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":tw915w93 said:
And the esoteric overdramatics continue to catapult flying pigs into the stratosphere.

In what world do some of you people live? Seriously, are we talking about the pilot of Gossip Girl or the latest Bold and the Beautiful episode? Or are we talking about an NFL locker room? I highly doubt that kind of caddy atmosphere is even remotely close to what's going on in One Renton Place.

My hunch of what we have here is the transference of one disgruntled fan's feelings onto the perceived locker room attitude of the Seahawks. My feeling is that the opposite takes place and that the players and coaches work in harmony with respect. It's the culture of the Hawks and it hasn't gone away.

It's fine for some of you to go fishing in the dark, but the upside is just a few tall tales that no one else can see.
Quite frankly, if everyone could see everything, there would be no such thing as genius.

You're contending that all the players just said "meh, it's only a Super Bowl, no hard feelings", and moved on with their lives?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What absolute horse puckey!

Sioux has always been clear he believes Bevell is a good OC and has consistently provided data to confirm his view.
I'm not a huge Bevell fan but his record is not horrible. I think he's not an NFL head coach but he is a capable OC. He will ultimately be a good college HC.

It's rubbish to allege Sioux defends Bevell for biased reasons, except the bias of his personal belief. He has always been careful to point out his basis for believing what he believes.

Pete disagrees with all the couch coaches who pound the table for Bevell's replacement. None of the critics actually likely truly know better, but the threads go on and on and on. Fire Bevell, fire Cable, fire Pete, fire John.

We need to start a fire Bevell/ Cable forum b/c there is a new interminable nonsense thread daily. The circle jerks and insulting comments would be able to flow thread to thread for those interested in reading more unfounded opinion.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
JFC we gave up 10 pts to allow them to take the lead, was that the devil incarnate Bevell on the field, no it was a depleted defense, mostly because Cliff wasn't there. Don't give a crap, game was lost by a depleted defense not just one play. Damn how I hate responding to a Bevell thread. He ain't the best, but the whole of XLIX is not on him.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1n8yd1ua said:
WIth Bevell in charge of the offense, the Hawks have won nearly 70 percent of their games the last 5 years. The only other team that has that sort of track record is the Patriots.

Denver is another. Our run has been pretty similar to theirs and they are done until they find a top QB. Glad we have Russ.

I see the offensive stats, but going back and watching quite a few games from '12-'15, aside from the last half of '15, our offense looks pretty rough, even in wins. There were bursts of offensive excellence such as the end of 2012, vs Saints in 2013, vs Giants and at Cards in 2014. But generally, our offense just doesn't compare to those of teams like the Pats, Broncos w healthy Manning, Packers, or Steelers. Those offenses have more talent overall, but the creativity in play calling just seems a lot more obvious on screen (crept maybe packers, that's pretty much Rodgers and the line).

I get Pete's mantra of run the ball and grind it out on offense, but clearly that wasn't working this season and, honestly, hasn't worked since maybe '14 against elite teams. Even in '15, the teams we were shredding either had tons of injuries (first Vikes game), didn't care (Cards), or were pure garbage (the rest). Panthers annihilated us in the playoffs and we damn near lost to the Vikes the week before.

I don't hate Bev, seems like a nice guy, but I really don't feel we would lose much if he got canned. Would be great to get an OC who can make this offense his own and inject some creativity. This would require Pete to give some ground though.

nash72

Reaction score
Sioux, do you really believe that all was and is fine between Bevell and the team? Seriously, you see no animosity whatsoever there at all? I'm just wondering because you are the only person I know that feels that way. Its fine that you defend Bevell, but to not see any issues at all is pretty incredible to me.

I love the offensive ratings and the DVOA stats and all that jazz when Bevells name is brought up. Thats all great and fun, but some things get missed in that equation. Again, how often does the play break down and Wilson runs around like a greased chicken making something out of nothing? It happens at an alarming rate. The talent level never gets measured either. Sometimes we overcome just because we are flat out better and more talented. Doesnt take a genius to coach that. How many times has the offense looked lethargic in the 1st half of games only to come out in the 2nd to win the games (mostly because the defense has worn the other team down by then, but that doesnt happen anymore)? Why cant we be productive in the 1st too? Does every game have to be close? Seriously, look back at the team the last 5 or so years and its crazy how many close games they were in.

Regardless, Bevell isnt the only one to blame for our issues, but I feel he is the biggest culprit. Offenses shouldnt have such lags in production like ours does. The play calling shouldnt be so predictable most of the time that even the fans know what we're running before it happens. The RZ production of the offense has been laughable for a long time. He has been pretty bad concerning personnel matchups too, but we all know that. Finally with all those favorable statistics people post, how in the world is it that no other franchises have actively pursued the guy if he's that great? That should be the biggest factor right there. What do the other franchises see that some here miss?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Rocket":36qjlyd7 said:
Smelly McUgly":36qjlyd7 said:
No, Pete Carroll is to blame. The buck stops with him.
Not true.
Blame and responsibility are different words, spelled differently even.
Carroll is responsible, but Bevvie is to blame. Look up the old Websters, Bro.

I don't need a dictionary when I clearly understand what words mean far better than you do.

The responsibility for That One Play Call rests with Darrell Bevell, and the blame for it's failure rests with him, and with Kearse and Lockette to some degree.

The responsibility for taking care of any after effects of that play was Pete's, and he is to blame for jumping right on the Bevell Train as conductor and stanning for him at all costs instead of just firing the OC and moving on.

I know that you old guys who post here sometimes love to give lectures, but try to know what you are talking about before you do it, please.

Largent80

Reaction score
This thread is proof that dead horses can be flogged for 2 years.

Same shit over and over.

A bunch of blah, blah, blah, typed out on keyboards for two friggin years.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
nash72":1jol9sah said:
Sioux, do you really believe that all was and is fine between Bevell and the team? Seriously, you see no animosity whatsoever there at all? I'm just wondering because you are the only person I know that feels that way. Its fine that you defend Bevell, but to not see any issues at all is pretty incredible to me.

I love the offensive ratings and the DVOA stats and all that jazz when Bevells name is brought up. Thats all great and fun, but some things get missed in that equation. Again, how often does the play break down and Wilson runs around like a greased chicken making something out of nothing? It happens at an alarming rate. The talent level never gets measured either. Sometimes we overcome just because we are flat out better and more talented. Doesnt take a genius to coach that. How many times has the offense looked lethargic in the 1st half of games only to come out in the 2nd to win the games (mostly because the defense has worn the other team down by then, but that doesnt happen anymore)? Why cant we be productive in the 1st too? Does every game have to be close? Seriously, look back at the team the last 5 or so years and its crazy how many close games they were in.

Regardless, Bevell isnt the only one to blame for our issues, but I feel he is the biggest culprit. Offenses shouldnt have such lags in production like ours does. The play calling shouldnt be so predictable most of the time that even the fans know what we're running before it happens. The RZ production of the offense has been laughable for a long time. He has been pretty bad concerning personnel matchups too, but we all know that. Finally with all those favorable statistics people post, how in the world is it that no other franchises have actively pursued the guy if he's that great? That should be the biggest factor right there. What do the other franchises see that some here miss?

Nash72,

Yes, I actually believe you are one of the few posters who interjects hyperbole of locker room drama into just about every post you create. It borders on maniacal if you want to know the truth.

But I also know that losing 49 didn't come down to 1 play. If you really know football, you'd realize that. Hell, even Marshawn himself could have sealed it in the fourth quarter had he not given up on a pass down the right sideline that he would have easily caught if he hadn't broken stride.

The point is the players don't have this warped sense of needing someone to blame that pervades your every post. We're now 3 seasons removed from that game and 70 percent of the roster has turned over since then.

No, this is a social media thing. It's the result of living in a disposable world where newer equates to better for a generation of ADD and ADHDers who have short attention spans and are hyper as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. You need instantaneous gratification and when you're denied it, you cry out instead of processing it.

Thing is, there's only 1 ultimate winner among the 32 teams in the NFL every year and the degree of talent that separates them in the salary cap era is paper thin. People like you have the audacity to point fingers each time we don't scale that ultra-competive mountain and end up on top. It's a rather foolish expectation in mine and many others' opinion.

But thankfully, we're a rational organization from top to bottom and don't allow this kind of septic thinking to seep into any form of our operations. They'll save that for the keyboard fear mongers like yourself who live in their own little bubble and need an easy layed-out scapegoat to cope.

penihawk

Reaction score
First off let me just say I'm not a huge fan of Bevell. However I am curious to those that can't get over the SB loss and constantly bitch about the play calling, what would you like to see with our offense? Who is the OC that we need to put in charge? In my eyes the biggest problem the last couple years has been injuries and execution. One of those is an act of god and the other is up to the players to preform. Thinkin it's a little more complex than Bevell sucks?

nash72

Reaction score
A lot of typing, but you never did answer the question Sioux. Do you feel any of the players feel animosity towards Bevell and is it problem causing? Simple question.

nash72

Reaction score
penihawk":39rz2bj4 said:
First off let me just say I'm not a huge fan of Bevell. However I am curious to those that can't get over the SB loss and constantly bitch about the play calling, what would you like to see with our offense? Who is the OC that we need to put in charge? In my eyes the biggest problem the last couple years has been injuries and execution. One of those is an act of god and the other is up to the players to preform. Thinkin it's a little more complex than Bevell sucks?

Personally, i'd like to see this season play out and then go all in for Josh McDaniels as our next head coach and go from there.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
nash72":1pb53hsw said:
A lot of typing, but you never did answer the question Sioux. Do you feel any of the players feel animosity towards Bevell and is it problem causing? Simple question.
My belief is that there is no existence of the kind of locker room drama you are suggesting.

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":rofj5j9l said:
nash72":rofj5j9l said:
My belief is that there is no existence of the kind of locker room drama you are suggesting.

What exactly was Sherman pissed about again?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
nash72":3oxvvjro said:
penihawk":3oxvvjro said:

Personally, i'd like to see this season play out and then go all in for Josh McDaniels as our next head coach and go from there.
Yes, and you just disclosed to Si yesterday that you live on the East Coast and many of your posts indicate a deep love for the Patriots. Funny how you'd be advocating Josh McDaniels ...

Josea16

Reaction score
nash72":32r9narl said:
penihawk":32r9narl said:

And what has he done except be a worse version of Todd Haley when being a head coach? I'm sensing some true colors are starting to reveal themselves.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
nash72":2ed61ipq said:
Siouxhawk":2ed61ipq said:
nash72":2ed61ipq said:

What exactly was Sherman pissed about again?
As I've responded numerous times, Sherm's tirade was prompted by passing from the 1 against the Rams because it gave him a flashback to 49. It was odd because we ended up scoring on a pass to Doug from that same spot 2 plays later anyway, but that isn't the point.

What is relevant is that was an isolated event. Sherm wasn't even engaging with Bevell initially, his beef was with Pete. But Bev stepped in to defend his coach and then words were exchanged.

But even in the aftermath when Sherm was talking more, he never ripped or had any animosity toward Bevell as a coach. Rather, his disgust centered on the the decision to pass from the 1. That's a relevant part of the discussion and one that ignorantly flies over the heads of fear mongers who want to turn it into an anti-Bevell or locker room schism spin.

acctingman

Reaction score
I think you all need to get outside a little more often :2thumbs:

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1hyyysy1 said:
nash72":1hyyysy1 said:
penihawk":1hyyysy1 said:

Yes, and you just disclosed to Si yesterday that you live on the East Coast and many of your posts indicate a deep love for the Patriots. Funny how you'd be advocating Josh McDaniels ...

Yeah, i'm advocating an offensive minded coach that has studied under the greatest NFL coach of all time and that has shown to be able to win with or without his star QB. Why would anybody fault me for that.

As for questioning my fandom to this team, please dont go there. I've been a fan since 1976 and probably have Seahawk memorabilia older than you. I have flown to Seattle to watch games from the east coast your speaking of. So you can take your Viking loving self and get over that nonsense. A guy jumping on the bandwagon 6 years ago who still professes his love for everything that is Minnesota questioning my loyalty. Sheesh.

nash72

Reaction score
Josea16":1gqoxw7o said:
And what has he done except be a worse version of Todd Haley when being a head coach? I'm sensing some true colors are starting to reveal themselves.

Shown to be able to score points in an offense on a consistent basis. Something we sorely lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts