Is Bevell to blame for much of this teams discontent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nash72

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1c9tvns8 said:
nash72":1c9tvns8 said:
How many people remember Bill Buckners career batting average? We all remember the ball rolling through his legs though.

Why don't you ask Sox fans how they remember Buckner. I know many. It's rarely about Game 6. And any real Sox fan will tell you that Buckner's error led to the winning run, not the tying run, after blowing a 2 run lead with 2 outs. They'll tell you the pitcher first.

So this is a poor example

Its not a bad example though. Lets ask the majority of sports fans around the world and the first thing they will come up with for Buckner is the play where the ball rolled under his legs. When your involved in a blunder like that, it kind of defines the way people remember you, ala Bevell.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
nash72":42av8y7z said:
Uncle Si":42av8y7z said:
nash72":42av8y7z said:
How many people remember Bill Buckners career batting average? We all remember the ball rolling through his legs though.

Why don't you ask Sox fans how they remember Buckner. I know many. It's rarely about Game 6. And any real Sox fan will tell you that Buckner's error led to the winning run, not the tying run, after blowing a 2 run lead with 2 outs. They'll tell you the pitcher first.

So this is a poor example

Its not a bad example though. Lets ask the majority of sports fans around the world and the first thing they will come up with for Buckner is the play where the ball rolled under his legs. When your involved in a blunder like that, it kind of defines the way people remember you, ala Bevell.

It's a terrible example.

Why would you care what Cardinal fans think about the Seahawks? I mean of course they are going to pick the negative. Every team has something similar that fans from other teams will hit them on. Sox fans talk about coming back from 3-0 down to the Yankees, who come back with game 6. It's banter.

Weird to be concerned by it.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1vyt74ay said:
Siouxhawk":1vyt74ay said:
Uncle Si":1vyt74ay said:
Why does a player have to make way? Always compete is the mantra. If the players feel undone by the call and have not recovered then I would be just fine seeing a coach sent out

And we have evidence that something is wrong. Quit lurking in the shadows
Because the patients don't run the asylum. And coaches are obviously being held accountable as the dismissal of Sherm Smith and Lofa Tatupu indicates this year.
And there has been no evidence of so-called festering feelings. It's all hearsay and media and social media driven.

There has been plenty of evidence. Again, what you substantiate as hearsay is fairly clear evidence to others. You can debate semantics if you want, does noone any good.

Dismissing low level coaches may be fine. But is an absurd leap to suggest that constitutes the level of accountability required by a team of this caliber. But if the problem and the lack of trust is elsewhere than it does no good.

I also bristle at your metaphor. Do you know this current Seahawks team? If you do, then you know the allowances given the players by the staff and the expectations that go along with it. They have similar that the staff should also be held to.

The rest is conjecture and you assumption to spin on your merry go round.
What evidence do you have to substantiate all this supposed locker room discontent? Bring it.

And considering Pete likely works closer with his coordinators than anyone, that accountability is measured every day.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Look Sioux... i know you love this merry go round, but it's been beat to death. You missed both the general and specific points of the post I made and once again rushed blindly into the defense of the OC as well as the dozens of references provided in just as many threads on the "evidence" to substantiate it.

It's pointless. And it's odd you continually keep challenging posters who want to have a genuine conversation about this topic with the same tactic.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2gbimk5q said:
Look Sioux... i know you love this merry go round, but it's been beat to death. You missed both the general and specific points of the post I made and once again rushed blindly into the defense of the OC as well as the dozens of references provided in just as many threads on the "evidence" to substantiate it.

It's pointless. And it's odd you continually keep challenging posters who want to have a genuine conversation about this topic with the same tactic.

Amen...Thanks Si. :2thumbs:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1gdchocm said:

Problem is there is little evidence out there to support a supposed festering of locker room discontent originating from our final offensive play of 49. As others have said, there were countless moments where we could have wrapped that game up earlier with just one play.

You're a coach. Don't you adhere to the motto of win as a team, lose as a team?

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1i2hk0uj said:

Glad we all arrived at the same conclusion, except 1 person that is.

Pointless and futile both. He will not acknowledge what is common sense to everyone else, and when gets backed into the corner comes up with such wise rebuttals as "prove the human brain uses energy". It's just not worth it, and 1 reason why I normally ignore his noise now.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":5nveyy3k said:
Uncle Si":5nveyy3k said:

Problem is there is little evidence out there to support a supposed festering of locker room discontent originating from our final offensive play of 49. As others have said, there were countless moments where we could have wrapped that game up earlier with just one play.

I agree but its also be true that there's no evidence that there isn't any discontent. What we do know is one player voiced his displeasure with the playcalls from the 1 or 2 yard line. Whether that was just a single player or a voice of the goup...we don't know. Unless you are in the locker room itself. So to say that the discontent is limited just one player is false. It could also be more than just one. That's all.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Title of this thread should be "Is Bevell to blame for much of this forums discontent?"

If I were a mod I'd consider this horse beat, dead, and starting to rot, and consider locking it so it can scroll off into the sunset. Not that I would ever tell anyone what to do.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1e7gwjke said:
Siouxhawk":1e7gwjke said:
Uncle Si":1e7gwjke said:

I agree but its also be true that there's no evidence that there isn't any discontent. What we do know is one player voiced his displeasure with the playcalls from the 1 or 2 yard line. Whether that was just a single player or a voice of the goup...we don't know. Unless you are in the locker room itself. So to say that the discontent is limited just one player is false. It could also be more than just one. That's all.
And that's all I'm saying -- we don't know what goes on in the locker room, so to make over-the-top claims that there's discontent festering is pure speculation. There is no true or false to this unless you have evidence, otherwise it fits into the category as gossip.

And it is probably time to close the thread, Stone, as it seems we're just chasing our tails.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2jwb6lpc said:
This has to truly be one of the most ridiculous, unsubstantiated, erroneous opening posts for a thread I have ever seen in this forum.

Just about everything written is false. Obviously a case of where a poster needs some "look at me" attention.
You would think that.

Your reply has to truly be one of the most ridiculous, unsubstantiated, erroneous, not to mention THOUGHTLESS and lacking in common sense, replies I've ever seen in this forum.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
The Bevell Thread That Would Not Die...

tenor.gif

AVL

Reaction score
You are mental to take it this far, yes, you.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2vncwtqd said:
Uncle Si":2vncwtqd said:

Shameless

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2j62m7zl said:
Irreverent.

Is that right? I'd ask you to explain but I'm not sure you a. understand the definition and 2. have any desire to actually allow people to discuss the topic without interjecting the same baseless talking points over and over.

It's funny that you bring up that I coach. My players, even at 12 and 13, are given the freedom to learn the game through their own expression. In my most successful season yet I was blessed with players who, even as Seniors in high school, could take control of the environment and hold each other accountable. They challenged each other and the coaching staff to work harder and be better. When one strayed, as often happens, the team rallied to ensure that person (staff and player) were held accountable.

High school sports are nowhere the equivalent of professional sports. But even in your attempt to coddle to something you know little about you contradicted yourself. You lack any ability to open yourself up to opposing view points and harass any disagreement with a call for information you quickly disregard anyways.

Irreverent indeed. It's a shame you can't figure that out, as most people would've taken up the support behind your position long ago.

It's fine though. I think you actually enjoy this type of stuff so I'm going to excuse myself from feeding into it. Once you're off the merry go round hit me up.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":17twcl4c said:
Siouxhawk":17twcl4c said:
Irreverent.

Is that right? I'd ask you to explain but I'm not sure you a. understand the definition and 2. have any desire to actually allow people to discuss the topic without interjecting the same baseless talking points over and over.

It's funny that you bring up that I coach. My players, even at 12 and 13, are given the freedom to learn the game through their own expression. In my most successful season yet I was blessed with players who, even as Seniors in high school, could take control of the environment and hold each other accountable. They challenged each other and the coaching staff to work harder and be better. When one strayed, as often happens, the team rallied to ensure that person (staff and player) were held accountable.

High school sports are nowhere the equivalent of professional sports. But even in your attempt to coddle to something you know little about you contradicted yourself. You lack any ability to open yourself up to opposing view points and harass any disagreement with a call for information you quickly disregard anyways.

Irreverent indeed. It's a shame you can't figure that out, as most people would've taken up the support behind your position long ago.

It's fine though. I think you actually enjoy this type of stuff so I'm going to excuse myself from feeding into it. Once you're off the merry go round hit me up.
It's interesting that you hone in on me while giving the other Three Stooges who have an equal number of posts in this thread the silent treatment. Aren't they equally at fault for keeping this merry go round going?

And I don't understand what your beef is, anyhow. Is it because of my extra posts in the thread or the push back I give when I see 1) factual errors that I correct or 2) opinions trying to be disseminated as the truth Florio-style that I object to. Also, many of the times that I post are in direct reply to a post. A reply deserves a reply.

And in explaining accountability, your description of how your team pushes and prods each other pretty much sums up the Hawks' style. It's served your purpose well as a state championship attests and it's serving the Hawks well as this unprecedented era of success indicates. You say on your team that the players push your coaching staff to be better as much as the other way around. From what I can tell, that's an environment also cultivated by the Hawks, likely occurring more often on the practice field and in the film room. What do you think Russ and Bev are talking about when you see them on the sidelines scanning the Surface? They're watching tendencies of the opposing defense and having a give-and-take about what plays can exploit that defense. It's worked.

One more thing on accountability and team culture. Isn't that what Tell the Truth Mondays are for? It's a specifically designed philosophy to protect against the kind of garbage taking over the locker room that you are suggesting might be happening. Because of that, I would contend any grievances arising from 49 were addressed and settled long ago. You live and learn and considering the Hawks didn't recoil into the fetal position are are still considered Super Bowl contenders every year since, I'd say they learned well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":39mw5xun said:
It's interesting that you hone in on me while giving the other Three Stooges who have an equal number of posts in this thread the silent treatment.

You're smart enough to figure this out without explanation.

mrt144

Reaction score
Uncle Si":l76kmcls said:
Siouxhawk":l76kmcls said:
It's interesting that you hone in on me while giving the other Three Stooges who have an equal number of posts in this thread the silent treatment.

You're smart enough to figure this out without explanation.

I will fade this bet.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3b0zm6oa said:
It's interesting that you hone in on me while giving the other Three Stooges who have an equal number of posts in this thread the silent treatment. Aren't they equally at fault for keeping this merry go round going?

Now here is a prime example of your blatantly skewed perspective and recollection of what just took place. You are the prime reason this thread continues and you have no clue.

You have 112 posts in this thread. The next closest is Nash (that I found--did not count all others) with 51.

This is easy to verify, go count yourself. Your revisionist type recollection of easy to verify facts is obvious to others, just not to you.

Now.... back to your regularly scheduled re-run of Groundhogs day, I think someone posted Bevell combed his hair different on 2/1/15 ....go get 'em! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts