Is ET More Likely To Get Hurt Now?

justafan

Reaction score
I believe the Hawks can replace a SS easier than Kam can duplicate his success without the team around him.
I am always worried about Earls health.IMO he is the one who makes it work.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I used to worry about Earl's long term health based on his size and the history of small Safeties like Bob Sanders. But ET has proven that he is far more durable than most safeties, even though he throws his body around at higher velocities.

I believe that's based on the tackling techniques that Pete teaches, and Earl's dedication to taking care of his body outside of the game. Bob Sanders didn't have access to some of the medical devices that are available today.

I was watching Inside the NFL last night and Brandon Marshall demonstrated some of the devices that he uses every night, and there were about 6 of them, massagers, icers, electrical, infrared heating pad. I'm going to order some of them for my body :les:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Kam Chancellor is very likely to get injured when he comes back.

The BIGGEST drawback from hold outs imho, is that players don't get that hitting in before the games starts and they always end up missing part of the season with an injury such as a hamstring. That happened to Revis in 2010, after the Jets gave in and gave him more money, he missed playing time because...he held out and wasn't in football shape.

That is also the biggest reason, again, imho, to NOT give in to hold outs (other than Walter Jones and Marshawn Lynch). But those two are freaks of nature, and hard work.

So you're correct in thinking there may be some causal relation between Kam's hold out, and injury.

But ET, no. Kam, ouch.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Didn't feel like this deserved its own thread but is related:
In other Seahawks news: Safety Earl Thomas said that he will have to wear a tight harness on his surgically repaired left shoulder for Sunday's season-opener, and likely beyond.

"I feel like I can't high-point anything," Thomas said Thursday, referring to his ability to reach above his head and intercept a pass.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000525355/article/marshawn-lynch-dons-kam-chancellors-jersey

Great. A safety who can't highpoint the ball. That sounds like something interesting to tell the Rams right before the game. :34853_doh:

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
jdemps":1dspxurd said:
In other Seahawks news: Safety Earl Thomas said that he will have to wear a tight harness on his surgically repaired left shoulder for Sunday's season-opener, and likely beyond.

"I feel like I can't high-point anything," Thomas said Thursday, referring to his ability to reach above his head and intercept a pass.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000525355/article/marshawn-lynch-dons-kam-chancellors-jersey

Great. A safety who can't highpoint the ball. That sounds like something interesting to tell the Rams right before the game. :34853_doh:
Disheartening news ... I wish I could get over the bad premonitions about ET.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Scottemojo":7rpvwezv said:
I know lost of you are pissed at Kam. But we don't need to invent shit that has not happened to blame him for.

Actually it's probably true, but not for the supposition of the OP.

Thomas is wearing a harness that he feels is more restrictive than the one he wore in the SB. He feels he can't highpoint anything right now. If he's wearing a harness like that, that's a good indication that the shoulder might still be a bit weak.

Shoulders can be weird and take a long time to heal, if at all.

ivotuk

Reaction score
jdemps":to0aiwtf said:

Maybe you didn't hear, but in response to a question about whether the harness will limit Earl's ability to pick off the ball he said: "If it gets them to throw my way, then yes, my shoulder is limited."

ringless

Reaction score
ivotuk":1l0cgfeg said:
jdemps":1l0cgfeg said:

Maybe you didn't hear, but in response to a question about whether the harness will limit Earl's ability to pick off the ball he said: "If it gets them to throw my way, then yes, my shoulder is limited."

Earl is a true competitor and likely is coming back too early. He clearly is someone who can't be kept out of the game unless he's disabled. But is he risking future playing time by playing right now?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
jdemps":32umrosz said:

Maybe. Also maybe...

707e7b1cfa4549d23cbdeaab4ba47a05

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I don't believe the potential for injury is lesser or greater. The FS and the SS need to do their respective jobs.

Cartire

Reaction score
Be more involved? I would hope he continues to play his assignments correctly like he always does. Be involved with 100% of the plays, like he always does. Not much more he can do, even with the absence of Kam.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":13uaca4p said:
jammerhawk":13uaca4p said:
Scottemojo":13uaca4p said:
I know lost of you are pissed at Kam. But we don't need to invent shit that has not happened to blame him for.

Scottie:

This post is really unfriendly, I don't think the OP intended to make up anything in order to throw rocks at Kam.

I do agree it's a speculative post with a negative spin but that's what some folks live on.

My answer is I doubt that Earl is more likely to get hurt because Kam is not playing.

I really would like to see Kam soon as I believe he's a special force that would be hard for any team to replace. I genuinely love the guy as a ball player.
I was rude. apologies.

Sherm for one will be safer with Kam gone.
The whole reciever corps will be safer with Cam gone. GET YOUR ASS TO CAMP, YOU T***!

hawker84

Reaction score
Earl seemed to injure himself just fine last year all by himself with his kamikaze style of play. with Kam in the lineup by the way... If Earl gets injured this season, it's not because of Kam, it'll be because he's going all out as usual...