Is it possible Wilson's poor play was due to a concussion?

Anthony!

Reaction score
peppersjap":12cuh09z said:
Hard to figure how Tate looks so good with a QB that throws almost every down. I loved Tate but he would have been the same WR here as he was last year....I'm pretty sure he would say the same thing!

The answer is Calvin Johnson

Anthony!

Reaction score
Jacknut16":23sct97y said:
Anthony!":23sct97y said:
Jacknut16":23sct97y said:
truehawksfan":23sct97y said:
Wow. Are we really going to do this?

RW is now missing open receivers? One guy points to one play and suddenly RW is missing open WRs all the time. Meanwhile, no one from the actual broadcast team or local media are saying the same thing. I'm sorry, but you better bring more than one play where one WR is open before anyone can say RW is missing wide open receivers with regularity.

The second and 6 to Kearse on the second to last drive was a play almost all college QBs make.

Wilson is not an elite passer from the pocket.

On the run? YES
A Magic playmaker? YES
The most prepared player in the NFL? YES
Smart as a whip? YES
A great leader? YES
Hampered by his vision from the pocket? YES
Unable to throw open WRs consistently? YES

This is the NFL, there is not team in the league that has guys just running wide open every play, check out some of the completions Rodgers or Rivers makes. Those are elite throws into tight windows with defenders drapped on the WR.

Stop with this WRs arent open garbage. If he throws a nice back shoulder on 4th and 6 it would have been a rather easy catch for the WR, they had the back shoulder like they wanted Wilson just wasnt accurate.

So we take the good with the bad, Wilson is awesome in many areas, but he isnt that great in others, its life in the NFL.

and yet his QB rating in the pocket is over 100 and his complt % form in the pocket is over 60R both stats showing the truth that he is a elite passer in the pocket.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... ket-or-out

enough said

You sure are predictable, I knew when you included a link that it would be VERY old, and sure enough, Jan of 2013, 21 months ago.

He threw the least from the pocket of any QB n the league last season for a reason.

And like I said before since you cant seem to read, when he has good sight lines he does just fine, and he is smart enough to not throw bad passes from the pocket , hence why he scrambles so much, because he is limited in what he can see.

Just because he cant see doesn't mean he isn't an effective player , he already is.

But he has weaknesses with his limitations seeing at times, to say otherwise is just trying to coddle him.

whats predictable is you excuse to always ignore facts and push your agenda to prove you were right when you said Rw would be no good. Again prove he cannot see, oh wait you cannot you are guessing. As to the stats okay so what all of a sudden he just said you know I showed I can throw form the pocket I think I will just not any more. Get real

Oh and since you do not like those here are more resent one and notice the very first chart 370 standard drop back for Rw out of 407 attempts hmm and notice complt % 66.1 accuracy 72.6 both very very good a his drop back depth was les than Mannings , so again you might think that way but the facts say otherwise

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -scramble/

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Jacknut16":rcktssns said:
He threw the least from the pocket of any QB n the league last season for a reason.

And like I said before since you cant seem to read, when he has good sight lines he does just fine, and he is smart enough to not throw bad passes from the pocket , hence why he scrambles so much, because he is limited in what he can see.

Just because he cant see doesn't mean he isn't an effective player , he already is.

But he has weaknesses with his limitations seeing at times, to say otherwise is just trying to coddle him.

This is the reality.

I think we also should not ignore the relatively small receiving corp the Hawks are currently fielding. ADB's what 5-9? Harvin 5-10. Kearse is over 6-0, Locket about 6-2? Smaller receivers need more separation to be "open". They'd be harder for Brock Osweiler to see. Throw in RW's stature (regardless of his skills) and the small guys need to really create some major separation before he can pull the trigger.
I'm sure there has been some space to throw to, but RW needs that open lane before he can take advantage of it.
Then there's the lack of protection factor which is huge. All that adds up to high probability for bad throws/picks.
What I'm saying is there are a lot of factors...RW has to play his game, and the guys around him need to give him something to work with...

Anthony!

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":30f6ckrv said:
Jacknut16":30f6ckrv said:

This is the reality.

I think we also should not ignore the relatively small receiving corp the Hawks are currently fielding. ADB's what 5-9? Harvin 5-10. Kearse is over 6-0, Locket about 6-2? Smaller receivers need more separation to be "open". They'd be harder for Brock Osweiler to see. Throw in RW's stature (regardless of his skills) and the small guys need to really create some major separation before he can pull the trigger.
I'm sure there has been some space to throw to, but RW needs that open lane before he can take advantage of it.
Then there's the lack of protection factor which is huge. All that adds up to high probability for bad throws/picks.
What I'm saying is there are a lot of factors...RW has to play his game, and the guys around him need to give him something to work with...

good post, however the point is to say Rw cannot throw from the pocket is ignoring the facts. Add to that Rw does have small wr and throwing over the middle is recipe for big hits. Is Rw under 6 foot yes, but we have no proof that it limits him only conjecture that the fact show is wrong.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Wilson can certainly throw from the pocket. Conjecture or not (or physics?), he needs a different set of circumstances to throw from the pocket than say, Peyton Manning. RW will continue to be a great QB, but there is probably a reason he was the most efficient passer in the league on scrambles and rollouts. And I thank God that he was!

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Watch his NC State and Badgers College highlights, you see his usual scrambling, but you also see a great pocket passer. All the negatives given to him about not being able to throw across the middle, taking shots down field, taking shots on 50/50 jump balls, or even high risk one on ones, he trust his receivers to make those throws. it's Carroll's philosophy to not take risk so he can't play the way he wants to play if he is restricted.

Last year Drew Brees on Monday night had 23-38 with 147 yards and 1TD, it reminded me of how we were the bully in that game and made Drew Brees look like a backup QB. Our defense played great and cover blanketed all their Receivers and TE. Even great QBs have bad days against a really good defense.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Quite a few people in this thread would benefit a lot from watching Brock's Chalk Talk this week. Wilson didn't have his best game but if other people had won their 1 on 1 matchups it would have still been a solid week, we would have come away with a victory, and nobody would be starting concussion rumors.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
AgentDib":36r4659g said:
Quite a few people in this thread would benefit a lot from watching Brock's Chalk Talk this week. Wilson didn't have his best game but if other people had won their 1 on 1 matchups it would have still been a solid week, we would have come away with a victory, and nobody would be starting concussion rumors.

Complete BS

He has had great games, but this was a very poor game.

He was not accurate, he missed an easy throw to Kearse on the 2nd and 6 late in the 4th, he is unable or unwilling to stand in the pocket and moved early on the 4th down miss to Kearse.

The INT to ice the game was about as a terrible a pass you can throw in the league. Easily intercepted and never had chance and everyone I was watching it with said the same thing.

He was also intercepted on the drive where we scored our last three of the game, and we are extremely lucky Dallas didnt challenge it.

It was as terrible a game I have seen from a QB in a long time. Almost half of his yards came on one pass in the first quarter.

On top of everything else, he even looked like an unintelligent QB on the decision to give the ball to Walters on that wierd reverse.

Complete BS on Brocks part.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2wp0o3v3 said:
Watch his NC State and Badgers College highlights, you see his usual scrambling, but you also see a great pocket passer. All the negatives given to him about not being able to throw across the middle, taking shots down field, taking shots on 50/50 jump balls, or even high risk one on ones, he trust his receivers to make those throws. it's Carroll's philosophy to not take risk so he can't play the way he wants to play if he is restricted.

Last year Drew Brees on Monday night had 23-38 with 147 yards and 1TD, it reminded me of how we were the bully in that game and made Drew Brees look like a backup QB. Our defense played great and cover blanketed all their Receivers and TE. Even great QBs have bad days against a really good defense.

The Dallas defense is putrid.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Anthony!":rga0jez0 said:
Grahamhawker":rga0jez0 said:
Jacknut16":rga0jez0 said:

This is the reality.

good post, however the point is to say Rw cannot throw from the pocket is ignoring the facts. Add to that Rw does have small wr and throwing over the middle is recipe for big hits. Is Rw under 6 foot yes, but we have no proof that it limits him only conjecture that the fact show is wrong.

LISTEN FOR ONCE,

NOBODY is saying he cant throw from the pocket.
What eveyone knows who isnt a homer is that he is limited on what he can do from the pocket.

Only in your universe does a 5'11 QB have the same throwing lanes that a 6'5" QB does.

You obviously never played the game.

But answer me one question: Is it easier for a 6'5" guy to see over shoulder pads or easier for a 5'11 guy?

The answer is easy, and its obvious, but you wont answer it.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3fn0467v said:
Jacknut16":3fn0467v said:

This is the reality.

Thx

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3o5xu445 said:
SeaChase":3o5xu445 said:
SoulfishHawk":3o5xu445 said:
Screw Brian Billick

Why? Because he's an ex-coach with a Super Bowl ring who can watch game film, pause it, and circle all the people who are open while Wilson scrambles around and takes hits? Are you just mad that he's pointing this out?

He's the 3rd most hit Qb in the league because he scrambles around and takes forever to throw the ball. Now, on Wilson's defense, this "COULD " possibly be because of the play calling "but" we are passing more often now, and there are open receivers.

Percy Harvin isn't a #1 receiver? Funny how these pedestrian receivers were getting it done last year, and now there back to pedestrian who can't get open. We don't have Tate any more, but was he a legitimate #1 receiver?

Elite Qb's make receivers good.
You in no way addressed the counterpoint to your post that was made stating Brock Huard said WRs were not getting open. Why? He's an ex-QB that played in the NFL. I believe Warren Moon has said the same thing and he's in the HOF. Did you ever think that maybe Billick wants to see Russ fail because he was one of the many that said he would at the NFL level? I don't know whether he was or not, but considering 2 ex-NFL QBs have said the opposite, I'm suspicious that Billick has some sort of axe to grind in this situation. That's not to say Russ doesn't miss open receivers. Of course he does. All QBs do.

Some people automatically blame the QB for every struggle an offense has and maybe you're one of those guys. All I know is I saw like 3 plays in a row in the latter part of the 2nd quarter (IIRC) where he actually had plenty of time to throw (it isn't all the o-line either folks, it's never as simple as one thing being the problem) and stood back there with nowhere to put the ball and Aikman said as much.

And yes, Russ had a poor game Sunday too. The entire offense pretty much did. This post is not meant to make ecuses for him. It is never as simple as one area of the unit being the source of the problems be it QB, o-line, WRs, play calling, etc. This game was a shit storm of all of the above IMO.

Most excellent, sir.

And who gives a rat's ass what the egomaniacal, turned a blind eye to murder, Brian Billick has to say? I don't recall a stream of suiters begging for his return to the NFL. His SB winning QB was frikin' Dilfer. All that says is Billick had a great team around his QB, it sure as hell doesn't suggest he knows anything about QBs.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I personally don't care what Tate is doing right now. He's not a Seahawk now. Any discussion of his stats belongs in the NFL forum.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Jacknut16":uf541oil said:
AgentDib":uf541oil said:

Complete BS

He has had great games, but this was a very poor game.

He was not accurate, he missed an easy throw to Kearse on the 2nd and 6 late in the 4th, he is unable or unwilling to stand in the pocket and moved early on the 4th down miss to Kearse.

The INT to ice the game was about as a terrible a pass you can throw in the league. Easily intercepted and never had chance and everyone I was watching it with said the same thing.

He was also intercepted on the drive where we scored our last three of the game, and we are extremely lucky Dallas didnt challenge it.

It was as terrible a game I have seen from a QB in a long time. Almost half of his yards came on one pass in the first quarter.

On top of everything else, he even looked like an unintelligent QB on the decision to give the ball to Walters on that wierd reverse.

Complete BS on Brocks part.

dude read the thread he said Wilson did not have his best game duh,. As to your call for BS on Bricks part, well lets see Huard an expert analyst with internal workings of the team, along with Milan who said the same thing and MH who also said the same thing as did Moon, SO that is 4 experts calling BS on you, Lets see 4 experts or a Rw hater. Experts win you loose.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Jacknut16":9e39i0n3 said:
Anthony!":9e39i0n3 said:
Grahamhawker":9e39i0n3 said:
Jacknut16":9e39i0n3 said:

This is the reality.

LISTEN FOR ONCE,

What eveyone knows who isnt a homer is that he is limited on what he can do from the pocket.

Only in your universe does a 5'11 QB have the same throwing lanes that a 6'5" QB does.

But answer me one question: Is it easier for a 6'5" guy to see over shoulder pads or easier for a 5'11 guy?

dude you said it more than once, and still have no proof, and you always say it his height in a negative way but never say how it might help him, which would be easy to do for a non Rw hater. FYI I was a QB and I am 5'11 and never had a problem at all, guess what neither does Brees who is only 1 inch taller.

papashango

Reaction score
He didn't play like someone with a concussion. Now the line and receivers? You can make that argument for them.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":30osozkn said:
Anthony!":30osozkn said:
It is possible, However 4 drops by our WR did not help, nor them not getting open. Its also possible RW is just tired after that performance Monday and needed some help and got none. I mean he is the only Elite QB to not have a true #1 wr or even a go to guy that almost always gets open, combine that with bad o-line and maybe he is just tired.

That same none-elite ex Seahawk Tate who couldn't get "open," turned out to be an elite-level wr now with another qb. just saying. Maybe the problem is not all with the wrs.
Where do you get this stuff? :roll:
Tate got open a bunch for Wilson, while he played for the Seahawks.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SeaChase":2e2bah62 said:
Elite? I keep hearing all these excuses. Bad blocking, receivers not getting open, bad play calling ext. Wilson is simply not getting the ball out quick enough. Sometimes you have to throw your receiver open and anticipate the route and throw the ball. I see open receivers. For example, it's hard to miss when Lockette is waiving his hands indicating that he's open.

The game film doesn't lie. Brian Billick pointed this out prior to this game about Wilson having trouble finding the open recievers.
Good GOD, if his numbers were damned impressive last Season, could you imagine what his numbers would be if he were able to find his Receivers? :roll: astonishing crap that people post on here, Billick?......Really? :177692:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SeaChase":9nj9nf57 said:
SoulfishHawk":9nj9nf57 said:
Screw Brian Billick

Why? Because he's an ex-coach with a Super Bowl ring who can watch game film, pause it, and circle all the people who are open while Wilson scrambles around and takes hits? Are you just mad that he's pointing this out?

He's the 3rd most hit Qb in the league because he scrambles around and takes forever to throw the ball. Now, on Wilson's defense, this "COULD " possibly be because of the play calling "but" we are passing more often now, and there are open receivers.

Percy Harvin isn't a #1 receiver? Funny how these pedestrian receivers were getting it done last year, and now there back to pedestrian who can't get open. We don't have Tate any more, but was he a legitimate #1 receiver?

Elite Qb's make receivers good.
No, Harvin isn't a #1 receiver, and Bevel isn't even PRETENDING to play him as one...Running around in the backfield and getting tackled for losses.
This team used Tate in the role of a #1....decoy, as was Sid Rice before that.
Those guys made plays AS RECEIVERS, and that opened it up for the other receivers, and on top of that?, Marshawn Lynch was forcing the Defenses to be honest, and everybody benefited, and we were moving the ball, to the tune of winning a Super Bowl.
Wilson is devoid of receivers who can get open in a timely manner...Let's face it, on many drop backs, Wilson only had an average of 2.2 seconds to throw the ball.....Now you know what it must have felt like for Peyton Manning in the SB, eh?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jacknut16":1qim4wui said:
Anthony!":1qim4wui said:
Grahamhawker":1qim4wui said:
Jacknut16":1qim4wui said:

This is the reality.

LISTEN FOR ONCE,

I will then.
6'-5" Peyton Manning, 8 points SBXLVIII..........Pressure does some funny shit to some "ELITE" Quarterbacks ,and even to the "ELITE" ones who are only 5'-11" :141847_bnono: