Is Salk coming back?

davidonmi

Reaction score
seahawk 17":19knr6ky said:
Please replace Mitch, he is the worst.
first off me mentioning KJR was mostly a joke, it's 710 or he isn't coming back.
2nd off IMO Mitch is the best at that station, which isn't saying a whole lot. I wouldn't mind just terminating that station and having 1090 be local all day. Sandmeyer/Churchill/Swartz is probably the best show in town

pinksheets

Reaction score
davidonmi":2picbpk2 said:
seahawk 17":2picbpk2 said:
Please replace Mitch, he is the worst.
first off me mentioning KJR was mostly a joke, it's 710 or he isn't coming back.
2nd off IMO Mitch is the best at that station, which isn't saying a whole lot. I wouldn't mind just terminating that station and having 1090 be local all day. Sandmeyer/Churchill/Swartz is probably the best show in town
I think Mitch is one of the few talents on Seattle sports radio. I love his show, I can find Furness and Puckett enjoyable, and I like Sandmeyer. Elise and Jerry sounds like public access, I love Softy's heart but he gets obnoxious fast, and 710 is pretty much unlistenable without Salk.

davidonmi

Reaction score
furness and puckett can be enjoyable, totally agree.
Only shows I really podcast/listen to are
Furness
national guests on KJR
national guests on 710
John Clayton at 4
Sandmeyer
Wassell/Paisley at night

other than that it's all national

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I like Danny O'Niel but I like Salk too.

I generally prefer 710 to KJR though.

The only thing i dont like on 710 is bob and groz. terrible radio. Neither of them does any research or generally has any clue what they are talking about to the point where it's infuriating to think that they actually have jobs getting paid to make crap up and completely screw up the simplest facts and statistics.

McGruff

Reaction score
mbtitleist":2pib56oq said:
I'd love for him to replace Danny, the show just hasn't been the same since Salk left. Either way I hope he comes back to 710. Being down in the Tri-Cities we only get 710 so him landing at KJR wouldn't do me any good.

You know what I thoroughly enjoyed the other and want to hear again?

The Brock and Damon show. That made for good radio. Very different personalities. Brock is all polished and polite. Damon is brash, out spoken and foul mouthed. Perfect combination.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I've never liked Salk.. Never understood the fanfare behind him. But to each their own.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Danny and Salk show!

Make them sign a legal waiver and let them at it...the one that is still alive at the end of the day can pair with Brock.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Could be going to am1090 the fan which needs more local sports programming. So he has 3 options in this market.

kearly

Reaction score
tifferradish":38wf53w7 said:
I would absolutely love for Salk to come back and kick Danny Oneil out.

Not sure how they would make that work, but ditto.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
tifferradish":1bdkobro said:
I would absolutely love for Salk to come back and kick Danny Oneil out.
Re-unite Brock and Salk, and move Danny to the Noon to 3 slot and replace Groz. Make it the Bob and Danny show.

Seafan

Reaction score
Seattle sports radio sucked until Brock and Salk. Would like to see Salk back but that's not likely.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Seattle Sports radio sucks in general. Brock and Salk was a great show, I would listen religiously if it comes back. The best show now is Sandmeyer, who KJR canned

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Wyman, Mike and moore are great
especially when Clayton shows up at 4.

Sports radio began in this city when I was 18.
Ive heard em all and Elise and Jerry are killin me like the Fabulous Sports Babe.
First, they finally gave me an FM station, then took it away and gave me them?
They gotta go!

I like Softy, hes the best breaking news radio guy in Seattle but breaking news
doesn't happen from 3 to 6 pm that often.

I want info and breaking news in the mornings.
Softy needs to get back to a mid day slot.

Twitter and .Net is the best for Hawks news.

LawHawk

Reaction score
I loved Brock and Salk and I will be THRILLED if Salk comes back to Seattle to do radio. I like Danny. I was happy with him as a replacement and he's been even better than I expected. But Brock and Salk was the best Seahawks talk radio show ever. I'm fine with Brock and Salk being reunited and Danny going to some other show on 710, or I'm fine with Brock and Danny sticking together and Salk replacing Bob and Groz, or whatever. Just give me Salk talking Seahawks and I'll be happy.

In case anyone needs a reason to like Salk - I hope you haven't all forgotten that Mike Salk was so enamored with Russell Wilson before the draft that he said he would be fine with the Seahawks picking Wilson in the first round at #12 overall. Meanwhile Hugh Millen said he would eat a microphone if Wilson ever became an NFL starting QB (or words to that effect).

Snakeeyes007":2a3ywdh6 said:
Can JSPC cut The Groz and have Bradley sign him in Jacksonville?

Post of the day!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Still haven't forgiven KJR over the Wilson hate during the 2012 season. But they were the only one who reported on the nba back to Seattle news but since that isn't happening anytime soon I won't listen to them.

Hugh still acting like he knows what he's talking about or nah?

Largent80

Reaction score
Wow, it is so dead at headquarters that people here are talking about a sports radio dude coming in....... :roll:

Latest posts